JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   English & Other Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/)
-   -   anybody need help with their english? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/2102-anybody-need-help-their-english.html)

Akeisha 03-08-2007 11:32 PM

I can help with english as well! Oh, and in german and slovene, but I doubt there is anyone here who would need help in that..:D
but I would appreaciate help with my japanese!:)

kody 03-09-2007 01:13 AM

Wondering if it's true that british ppl greet each other with "How do you do"?

Example:

Guy1: How dou you do.
Guy2: How dou you do.

deadthinker 03-12-2007 12:41 AM

:ywave: hey kody

well you can greet each other that way but it is very formal and would only usually be used by buisness men meeting for the first time or something like that.
most people would just say hello ... how are you? but even that is quite formal
instead of formal greetings just say hello or hiya

erm...i dont know if you will want to know this but people who i help with there english from japan/korea etc. are interested in using slang

e.g. hi you alright? it is said-youlright but i think i may be confussing you now :confused:

hope that helped if you need to now anything else just say okies ^^

abooood 03-23-2007 04:10 AM

I want that,plz this my e_mail: "abo3ly_ma@hotmail.com"

Iam from Syria

Eomer 03-23-2007 05:02 PM

A good, typical Brit greeting is "Alright mate, how's it going?"

angellight 03-23-2007 06:26 PM

me thinketh tis mayhaps a time when thine own brethen speaketh in a manner such as this, and confounded thy very own kins and relations. but let ye be not afraid nor should thou succumb to thine very own magnetism to confusion, nor ye be compelled to do so, for tis language is naught t'day, and n'er used widely as once before..

hehe..a whole bunch of rhetorical nonsense..=D

i so love shakespearean language..haha..wonder..do they really say : 'what can i do you for in england?' hmm..sounds weird..=/

dragonrazor 03-30-2007 12:36 PM

<< >> don't do that again....

English is, quite possibly, the most difficult language to learn, barring Chinese...like Chinese, it has far too many dialects, and is spoken by many many people around the world. i've spoken it all my life, and i'm still learning x.x

angellight 04-05-2007 04:07 PM

hate chinese. end. of. story.

deadthinker 04-09-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angellight (Post 74298)
haha..wonder..do they really say : 'what can i do you for in england?' hmm..sounds weird..=/

yes anglelight they do say that here XD

its mainly said by people working in shops or whatever but anyone can use it

why does it sound odd ha haa???

Tolbarizhei 05-10-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonNataku (Post 30010)

thank you btw.. i was meaning to earlier, but i was restricted cuz i forgot to reverify my information hehe ^_^