JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Thunda's Avatar
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading
 
Posts: 770
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Budapest
Send a message via MSN to Thunda
09-17-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
I'm from Latvia, my native language is Latvian and the usual, casual form of greeting people is "sveiki!" (pronounced the non-english way)
hey is "s" a sh or an s??


Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
Reply With Quote
(#32 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex's Avatar
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!
 
Posts: 2,090
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Awesome land
09-17-2007, 09:03 PM

hello because im from england.
ni hao because im from chinese descent
lei ho ma? because im from hong kong descent

and Annyeoung because i know a little bit of korean.


"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
Reply With Quote
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Snaitf's Avatar
Snaitf (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kentucky, USA
09-18-2007, 12:08 AM

I'm from America and we say "Hi"
Reply With Quote
(#34 (permalink))
Old
zenit's Avatar
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi
 
Posts: 215
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM

I'm from Portugal, so we say "olá"
Reply With Quote
(#35 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown's Avatar
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 538
Join Date: Sep 2007
09-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
hello because im from england.
ni hao because im from chinese descent
lei ho ma? because im from hong kong descent
hey, you are Chinese.. 你好嗎?
well.. nice to meet another chinese :P



人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

Reply With Quote
(#36 (permalink))
Old
cupid63 (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: seoul, korea
Send a message via AIM to cupid63 Send a message via Yahoo to cupid63
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM

i,m Igbo we say.... dalu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
but don't skull me pleas...
it just that i saw here in this forum a lot of people from a lot of different counties i mean, Germanies, Japanese, Norwegians, etc'...
I suggest anyone here would write from where he is and how to say HELLO in his own language..
so you can learn about other languages too...

I'll start..

I'm from Israel, in Hebrew you say: שלום = Shalom !
=] now you...
Reply With Quote
(#37 (permalink))
Old
noodle's Avatar
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo
 
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris/London/Algiers
09-18-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknown View Post
hey, you are Chinese.. 你好嗎?
well.. nice to meet another chinese :P
Ni hao ma? (how are you?) hehe... i'm learning a little mandarin...
Reply With Quote
(#38 (permalink))
Old
noodle's Avatar
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo
 
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris/London/Algiers
09-18-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid63 View Post
i,m Igbo we say.... dalu!
What is Igbo??? it sounds familiar.... are you in south Nigeria by any chance?
Reply With Quote
(#39 (permalink))
Old
NinaDenmark (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Right now in Tokyo, Adachi-ku
Denmark-jin - 09-18-2007, 05:58 PM

Yep... I have to agree with the danish guy... I'm raised in jutland and use to say "goddaw" like a farmer girl. But now I live in Copenhagen and says "hey" or "hi" like a skater girl!
Even though Denmark is a small country, we have a lot of words... for the same things, I guess!
Reply With Quote
(#40 (permalink))
Old
NinaDenmark (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Right now in Tokyo, Adachi-ku
I'm from Denmark too - 09-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Yep... I have to agree with the danish guy (?)... I'm raised in jutland and use to say "goddaw" like a farmer girl. But now I live in Copenhagen and says "hey" or "hi" like a skater girl!
Even though Denmark is a small country, we have a lot of words... for the same things, I guess!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Uhm.. It's rather different, depending on where in Denmark ur from.

In Northern Jutland u basically say "Goddaw"
In Southern Jutland it's "moijn"
and in the rest of Denmark it switches around on "Hej du", "Goddag" and "hey"
XD
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6