LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post

No, I am more so thinking this is because they get more land rights and more free money from the government coz most them are piss head bogans. Australian law is racist against white people.
i think you misunderstood. Australian in my comment is not Aboriginal. only 2% claim to be Aboriginal. I was referring to an actual ancestry of being Australian (not Aboriginal) it is what people put down in the 2006 census.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Hey, it wasn't my assertion that physical characteristics run along national lines. It was the many people in this thread that disagree with me.

And yes I'm aware of the culturally homogenous makeup of many of these East Asian nation-states compared to Western nation-states (notable exceptions being Singapore and Malaysia). However you will have to prove that the people of this region are in general, seperated into nations along the lines of physical characteristics (i.e. race. basically you'll have to prove that the Chinese are a seperate race from the Japanese from the Koreans). I believe they are not seperated by race, rather by culture.
here is a reason why Japanese are racially different to Chinese, taken from wiki page on Japanese people:

Quote:
Currently, the most well-regarded theory is that present-day Japanese are descendants of both the indigenous Jōmon people and the immigrant Yayoi people.
for reference the Jōmon people are believed to have crossed into Japan 30,000 years ago and the Yayoi people 2300-2400 years ago. having this mix of indigenous blood would give them unique characteristics that developed by the population of Japan.

i'm sure you can find a lot of information to back up they are a different race.

EDIT: forgot to add, there are indigenous groups in Japan as well, Ainu, Ryukyuans etc. i can't understand why you could think Han Chinese and Japanese are the same race.

Last edited by anrakushi : 01-03-2008 at 10:53 AM.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

01-03-2008, 10:51 AM

I sorta didn't read every post on this thread, so I'm probably repeating something here, but I do believe it is possible to tell Asians apart, at least East Asians (China, Korea, Japan). I can't, for the life of me, remember where I read this at, but it has something to do with facial structure and the shape of their eyes. Now of course not every individual person is going to conform to these racial attributes, but Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans generally have certain details that allow a person to tell which race they are.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#34 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
30,000 years... Doesn't that predate boats? Or was the land joined back then? Wait, isnt that in the time of the neanderthal, and homo-erectus? Are the Japanese even human. Man, you just like, way confused me...
Quote:
The most widely accepted view among current anthropologists is that Homo sapiens originated in the African savanna around 200,000 BP (Before Present), descending from Homo erectus, had inhabited Eurasia and Oceania by 40,000 BP
thus they are not Neanderthal

as for pre dating boats, this will explain that:

(#35 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 11:16 AM

as it says, it is the most widely accepted theory, i could throw out a theory saying modern man evolved from antartica if i wanted. whatever the case obviously the evidence seems to show, at least for most people in the profession that modern man came out of Africa. i got the info from wiki but it is the same theories present on the few documentaries i have on modern man.

some believe that modern man may have evolved in a few different locations, not just africa, which may be a theory you heard which matches up with the SE asian fossils. whatever the case what i stated is the most widely accepted.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 12:30 PM

List of human evolution fossils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you might find that list interesting. the ones that have been classed as the earliest homo sapiens in this list are found in various locations

i never said the location of skeletons is a theory but you need to understand there is no definitive explanation for the evolution of man. the evidence out there doesn't prove without a doubt that the multi-region evolution theory didn't happen and it doesn't prove that out of africa is what happened. there is still much we don't understand.

Just to throw in some doubt about fossil ages and show how different information is out there. the wiki list shows some homo sapien fossils being 250,000 years old.. then you have the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History stating that the oldest fossil of an anatomically correct homoe sapien is 130,000 years old in Africa

now lets finish this topic of the evolution of man and get back onto the topic of this post because we are off topic here.

Last edited by anrakushi : 01-03-2008 at 12:40 PM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
01-03-2008, 12:58 PM

I don't believe in evolution crap..

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#38 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Kyo save that for another topic.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-03-2008, 02:48 PM

I can distinguish Japanese from, say, Chinese or Korean. I may not get it right all the time but I think each race has its own different features. I can also tell whether someone is from north or south Europe.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#40 (permalink))
Old
shoujobeat (Offline)
Kiryu-sama's wife...

Send a message via MSN to shoujobeat
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I can distinguish Japanese from, say, Chinese or Korean. I may not get it right all the time but I think each race has its own different features. I can also tell whether someone is from north or south Europe.

me too, but some times I get chinese and japanese people mixed up**I thought a boy in my school was japanese but he was chinese, and vice versa** but the koreans most of the time I'm correct

ViCe PrEz Of ThE ZeRo LuVeRs ClUb My JF Family ~+MeMbEr Of ThE vAmPiRe ClAn+~ **Owner of Zero-sama**