JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kloudcat (Offline)
You just lost The Game.

Send a message via AIM to Kloudcat
01-03-2008, 03:19 AM

i'm white, and i can tell most of the time... i can usually look into anyone's eyes and tell where they are from.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

01-03-2008, 03:19 AM

i think it really depends on the person on how easy it is to distinguish between races. ^^' i've never met anyone who guessed my ethnicity correctly. & i've been guessed as .. almost everything. korean, chinese, japanese, taiwanese.. x_x

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

I'll try to respond to everyone's posts here... but if I missed any other points... - 01-03-2008, 03:29 AM

...repeat them.

OK... So basically many of you are disagreeing with me.

Someone said that you can determine the country a white person comes from physical appearance alone. I disagree. As I said in the original post. The best anyone can do is narrow it down to a region of countries in the continent. Blonde hair and blue eyes doesn't automatically mean German or Scandinavian. Many English, Irish and Scottish are also blonde haired and blue eyed. Ditto with the Redheads. Red hair doesn't automatically mean Irish and Scottish. Scandinavians and Germans can have red hair also.

Basically I'm applying this premise to East Asians. I think it's a logical conclusion to jump to. I mean if there is a distinguishable difference, I would love to know what exactly this (Europeans, Asians, Africans, Polynesians or whatever other "race" you can think of). I mean I'm not blind... if you point something out to me I'll be sure to see it.

MMM- you mentioned that the difference between Korean and Japanese was in the jawline... really? Is that scientific? Also while the link you gave me looks like fun, it's not very scientific either.

(Hmmm... I suppose it's not very fair of me to ask for scientific evidence in a light-hearted debate. Tell you what... if you can give me pics of two nationalities say Japanese and Korean for arguments sake.... and compare the two while highlighting the differences, and if I can't find two pics which prove you wrong then I'll concede )
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

01-03-2008, 03:33 AM

oh yeah.. wouldn't it be kind of difficult to really be able to distinguish since people aren't necessarily "just japanese" or "just korean" & they could be half japanese, half korean? what would their jawline look like then?

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-03-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
...repeat them.

OK... So basically many of you are disagreeing with me.

Someone said that you can determine the country a white person comes from physical appearance alone. I disagree. As I said in the original post. The best anyone can do is narrow it down to a region of countries in the continent. Blonde hair and blue eyes doesn't automatically mean German or Scandinavian. Many English, Irish and Scottish are also blonde haired and blue eyed. Ditto with the Redheads. Red hair doesn't automatically mean Irish and Scottish. Scandinavians and Germans can have red hair also.

Basically I'm applying this premise to East Asians. I think it's a logical conclusion to jump to. I mean if there is a distinguishable difference, I would love to know what exactly this (Europeans, Asians, Africans, Polynesians or whatever other "race" you can think of). I mean I'm not blind... if you point something out to me I'll be sure to see it.

MMM- you mentioned that the difference between Korean and Japanese was in the jawline... really? Is that scientific? Also while the link you gave me looks like fun, it's not very scientific either.

(Hmmm... I suppose it's not very fair of me to ask for scientific evidence in a light-hearted debate. Tell you what... if you can give me pics of two nationalities say Japanese and Korean for arguments sake.... and compare the two while highlighting the differences, and if I can't find two pics which prove you wrong then I'll concede )
You can easily find two pics that "prove" you wrong, so there's no point, and it's not scientific, as its not science. The fact that I got 13 out of 18 on the quiz should worth something, right?

(You have to sign up, but you don't have to give your email address)
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-03-2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You can easily find two pics that "prove" you wrong, so there's no point, and it's not scientific, as its not science. The fact that I got 13 out of 18 on the quiz should worth something, right?

(You have to sign up, but you don't have to give your email address)
Fair enough.. I am still interested in seeing what you see though.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

01-03-2008, 03:59 AM

Nobody can tell my origins...mwahha

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Kloudcat (Offline)
You just lost The Game.

Send a message via AIM to Kloudcat
01-03-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post

(random guess) are you german?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-03-2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
I bet I can! You are apart of the...human race!! Mwahaha!!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

01-03-2008, 04:10 AM

I'm not German. o.o And yes I'm human! How did you know!? o.o

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com