JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   What did you want to be when you were a child? And did you achieve it? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/12955-what-did-you-want-when-you-were-child-did-you-achieve.html)

Osamukundesu 03-01-2008 12:10 PM

What did you want to be when you were a child? And did you achieve it?

Almost everyone has had a childhood dream job, whether it be a police man, a fire fighter, or a dustbin cleaner (each to their own :P). But as people get older it seems that the dream job will remain a dream... basically what I wanted to ask is what was YOUR childhood dream job? And whether or not you've been able to fulfill it (working in the same field).

I personally wanted to become an actor (and still do!) but as I've got older I was released to the harsh realities I would have to overcome to achieve my goal (the risk of being a failed actor and other such possibilities). And although now my dream was somewhat less passionate than it once was, it is all I've REALLY wanted to do... I didn't achieve a desirable grade in drama at GCSE level so I dropped it and took the absolute converse subjects (3 math subjects and Enlglish literature (this subject isn't actually too far off) at A-level)... I've got a little over a year before I will head off to uni and end up studying a subject between maths and physics, which almost makes my dream seem unattainable. I've tried to convince myself, despite what I will study in the future that I will have a chance to still do my dream job, and have my degree in whatever I study as a back up plan. So if I do fail in acting (I know, not a good mentality to have!) I will always be able to get a decent job with something else...

But what I really want to do is read your about others dreams and whether or not you have achieved it... or if indeed you have a found a job which is better for you?

clairebear 03-01-2008 12:14 PM

I wanted to be a beauty therapist..lol. And I currently dont have a job, but I might take a look into beauty therapy...its the kind of job I wouldnt hate doing. x] Unless I had to shave someones legs...

CrazyLee 03-01-2008 12:17 PM

Wanted to be a scientist. I liked science. Unfortuneately life didn't go the way I'd planned...so i've ben studying accounting instead. Still, its a good choice. If I could only get a job in it...

EveV 03-01-2008 12:26 PM

I wanted to a rock star without the fame.
I just wanted people to focus on my music not me.
It sorta but sorta didn't happen.

I also wanted to be a astronaut..u.u
Didn't happen.

Wanted to build robots.
Could happen , hasn't yet.

Wanted to be a music teacher
That happened in a sense. My school lets me teach a class after school.

Anddd I wanted to open a big cat sanctuary.
Didn't really happen.

But hey , I still have some time to be all the things I want to be.
I'm not freaking out.

xYinniex 03-01-2008 12:30 PM

I wanted to be a doctor
I'm not smart enough >.>

I also wanted to be a farmer
But i didn't want to be throwing pig shit about.

I want to be in management/PR
I'm studying to get a degree in history which is a versatile subject because it measn you are supposed to be good at management and analysis.

=D

clairebear 03-01-2008 12:35 PM

A farmer? hahah..I didnt expect that coming from you. XD

xYinniex 03-01-2008 12:39 PM

well, i was 7, and i had one of those usbourne books about jobs and the farmer picture was the prettiest. XDD

Acidreptile 03-01-2008 02:11 PM

I always wanted to be a Lawyer or a Formula One Driver.But Now I know for sure that I will be none of that.:vsign:

Thunda 03-01-2008 02:28 PM

I wanted to be paleontologist...but I suck at chemistry. U_U

NishiHime 03-01-2008 02:36 PM

I wanted to be a detective like Nancy Drew but because detectives make no money, I wound up becoming an attorney. ;) I enjoy being an attorney (some days) but my real passions are writing fiction and singing/songwriting and I'm slowly trying to make my dreams of writing full-time and having a singing career come true. I also love international affairs and archaeology and want to go to Archaeology school in London and go back to grad school to get a masters in IA and Policy.

- Nishi