JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-13-2008, 08:34 PM

Oh yeah... that sounds more like it!!! So, one sec... why is your course so easy to get into then? You need DDE????
(#42 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-13-2008, 08:38 PM

Lol I dunno why they added the extra 0 for the points either. It used to just be 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 from A to E. I guess adding a 0 just makes it easier to remember instead of halving the score for AS-Levels
I guess I did 4 A-levels too seeing as I did Further Maths. It has twice the workload. ;/
How many subjects you gotta do in that International system Noodle?

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-13-2008 at 08:40 PM.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-13-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Oh yeah... that sounds more like it!!! So, one sec... why is your course so easy to get into then? You need DDE????
I know. I'm not exactly sure why. I think it's because it's a creative course. They usually require less acedemic results and a huge influence is the interview they make you do, and your portfolio. They are concentrating less on peoples brain power and more on peoples creativity, I think. This is the course anyway if anyone is interested ^_^ :

BSc(Hons) Games Design @ Leeds Met

The website doesn't actually include as much info as the booklet which I have does, in there it tells you more requirements and statistics, such as how many people got a job after Uni doing this course and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol I dunno why they added the extra 0 for the points either. It used to just be 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 from A to E. I guess adding a 0 just makes it easier to remember instead of halving the score for AS-Levels
I guess I did 4 A-levels too seeing as I did Further Maths. It has twice the workload. ;/
Well, if I look at the little graph I have in my diary, some level 2 courses are like weird numbers like, 7, 14, 23 and so on. Also it has the Scottish qualifications and how they measure up to UCAS, so maybe it was to fit these on too.

Further Maths?! You must be insane hahah My brother is going to do that, he's really good at Maths. I hated Maths with a passion. I always beat him at English though :P

Last edited by MissMisa : 05-13-2008 at 08:45 PM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-13-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Further Maths?! You must be insane hahah My brother is going to do that, he's really good at Maths. I hated Maths with a passion. I always beat him at English though :P
Yea, they asked me to do it cos I seemed good at maths to them.
Good times I still have my trusty graphics calculator! It helped me no end

Quote:
I know. I'm not exactly sure why. I think it's because it's a creative course. They usually require less acedemic results and a huge influence is the interview they make you do, and your portfolio. They are concentrating less on peoples brain power and more on peoples creativity, I think. This is the course anyway if anyone is interested ^_^ :

BSc(Hons) Games Design @ Leeds Met

The website doesn't actually include as much info as the booklet which I have does, in there it tells you more requirements and statistics, such as how many people got a job after Uni doing this course and so on.
Oooo.. shame they didn't have that at Birmingham Uni when I started my degree. Then again, I think its hard to get into designing games at all because they require people to have experience in creating mods for games and whatnot.
Hey who knows, best of luck

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-13-2008 at 08:47 PM.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-13-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Yea, they asked me to do it cos I seemed good at maths to them.
Good times I still have my trusty graphics calculator! It helped me no end

Oooo.. shame they didn't have that at Birmingham Uni when I started my degree. Then again, I think its hard to get into designing games at all because they require people to have experience in creating mods for games and whatnot.
Hey who knows, best of luck
I'm glad I left Maths behind long ago

Yeah, Games Design is going to be a really tough industry to get into. Not many girls persue it either, my friend does Games Design at the moment, there was one girl in his class, but she dropped out which doesn't look hopeful. There are quite a few game companies around here actually, the closest is Team 17 which is close to where I am. Those are the guys that made Lemmings and Worms [both legendary games .] Right now I'm doing the artistic side of things, mainly Photoshop. I'm starting learning 3DS MAX which is rather a bitch for a 3D Design n00b >.<

And thankyou very much ^_^
(#46 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-13-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I'm glad I left Maths behind long ago

Yeah, Games Design is going to be a really tough industry to get into. Not many girls persue it either, my friend does Games Design at the moment, there was one girl in his class, but she dropped out which doesn't look hopeful. There are quite a few game companies around here actually, the closest is Team 17 which is close to where I am. Those are the guys that made Lemmings and Worms [both legendary games .] Right now I'm doing the artistic side of things, mainly Photoshop. I'm starting learning 3DS MAX which is rather a bitch for a 3D Design n00b >.<

And thankyou very much ^_^
You should make a half life 2 mod with 3DS MAX. They'll be really impressed with that!
I wanted to go into Game design or something similar but I chose the more generic Computer Science instead cos I thought there would be a wider array of jobs to choose from.. maybe.
Anyway, I also know some people who've chosen that field but have found it difficult. One of em works for Konami in London now.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#47 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-13-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
haha, Yeah, Further maths... I had that... My A-levels were

--Math (A)
--Further Math (B... 3 points from an A )
--Physics (A)
--French (A... I think)

AS levels

--Electronics (B)
--Computer science (A)

So total UCAS points is 600......???.........????

Baccalauréat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The S (Scientific) stream has almost as many subjects as GCSE... This is what my brothers done, and I'm sure Koaku done it as well!... I tried to follow it with a french high school based in London, but it was too much with A-levels, and even by itself, I think it would have been too much... Things like History and Geography would have messed me up! At the time, I hated General Knowledge. lol!!

Last edited by noodle : 05-13-2008 at 09:06 PM.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-13-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
You should make a half life 2 mod with 3DS MAX. They'll be really impressed with that!
I wanted to go into Game design or something similar but I chose the more generic Computer Science instead cos I thought there would be a wider array of jobs to choose from.. maybe.
Anyway, I also know some people who've chosen that field but have found it difficult. One of em works for Konami in London now.
Haha I wish I could manage that! Yeah, that's why I didn't do Game Design at college. I could have done, but if I didn't get a job in Game Design that would limit me right down to my GCSE qualifications again. So I decided to do a generic range of A Levels to be on the safe side. That's awesome he works for Konami, that would be so cool, of course it's hard work though. My back up plan is Graphic Design, and if everything falls through I could start my own business or go freelance. I have many back-up plans
(#49 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:

--Math (A)
--Physics (A)
--French (A... I think)

AS levels

--Electronics (B)
--Computer science (A)

The S (Scientific) stream has almost as many subjects as GCSE... This is what my brothers done, and I'm sure Koaku done it as well!... I tried to follow it with a french high school based in London, but it was too much with A-levels, and even by itself, I think it would have been too much... Things like History and Geography would have messed me up! At the time, I hated General Knowledge. lol!!
You did well! ^_^ My subjects would probably be considered easier than yours too >.< I'm doing alright though I guess ^_^
(#50 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-13-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:

--Math (A)
--Physics (A)
--French (A... I think)

AS levels

--Electronics (B)
--Computer science (A)

So total UCAS points is 600......???.........????

Nice

Anyway, it has like 9-11 subjects?! Holy crap.. and those are equivalent to A-levels?
How do students have any time for anything else!

In my A-levels I got 3 B's and an A which I don't really count cos I think it's like an AS level or summat

Computing: B
Physics: B
Maths/Further Maths: B
R.E Short Course: A

Not bad grades for cramming 6 months of study into a week before the exams

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers