JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-04-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommasi View Post
George W. Bush was the best thing ever happened for the Comedy Central...

Who can possibly replace him?

Well, everybody thought it was gonna be between Hilary and Giuliani but guess what, we still got John McCain!!

Yes, he is back and although he looks like he's is about to die, according to credible sources like gallup tell us that it's gonna be a tight race between Obama and McCain if Obama does not accept Hilary as a Vice President.

Personally, I have to pray that gook hater doesn't win because he is gonna come and get us!!

I would be kind of surprised if Obama asked Hillary to be VP, actually. Some call it the "dream ticket" but there are a lot of people that don't like one or the other...and do you really think Hillary and Bill can sit around as second-fiddle?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-04-2008, 06:59 AM

I havn't followed this a lot, but from what I've seen, I'd go for Obama. He just seems far more honest and human. He also seems to have fresh idea's, unlike others (ie, McCain, Hillary etc), they seem like they're just wanting to continue someones ideas.

But in all honesty, I don't think I would vote at this moment in time because I don't know too much. Also, as a foreigner, I don't think this would affect me much anyway
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

06-04-2008, 07:22 AM

I would say obama .Since hilary bombed out with the your going to get assasinated jesture. EveV not everyone is violent some people just don't the meaning of a true peace or how to use it.

Last edited by Sutiiven : 06-04-2008 at 07:26 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

06-04-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I would be kind of surprised if Obama asked Hillary to be VP, actually. Some call it the "dream ticket" but there are a lot of people that don't like one or the other...and do you really think Hillary and Bill can sit around as second-fiddle?
Well, I think it was a smart move by Hillary to announce her intent to accept the VP position.

I totally agree with you, but if Obama does not choose her or reject her, it means he's dissing her, right?

She was smart and Obama should have announced VP candidate earlier.

Now he is trapped...and the Democrats surely doesn't want anymore garbage cos McCain could take it since he has neutrals on his side.

I mean Hillary is not given up and she's gonna run for it in the future if it's possible. So I think she wants to stay close with Obama in case he does well. Just like Al Gore did after Bill Clinton. But if Obama fails, it's gonna be the Republicans' turn again so.

In the end, she is expecting the Kennedy tragedy to happen again, isn't she?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

06-04-2008, 07:46 AM

May the best man win.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-04-2008, 07:51 AM

Tenchu, don't worry; if you want war, I'm sure you've got plenty of it in Thailand...I'm sure there are laods of muslims starting wars in Thailand because they can't be friend with non musilms There's absolutely no need to hope for war everywhere else.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-04-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommasi View Post
Well, I think it was a smart move by Hillary to announce her intent to accept the VP position.

I totally agree with you, but if Obama does not choose her or reject her, it means he's dissing her, right?

She was smart and Obama should have announced VP candidate earlier.

Now he is trapped...and the Democrats surely doesn't want anymore garbage cos McCain could take it since he has neutrals on his side.

I mean Hillary is not given up and she's gonna run for it in the future if it's possible. So I think she wants to stay close with Obama in case he does well. Just like Al Gore did after Bill Clinton. But if Obama fails, it's gonna be the Republicans' turn again so.

In the end, she is expecting the Kennedy tragedy to happen again, isn't she?
Nominees NEVER announce a VP candidate before they have been decided as the nominee, so Obama has made no mistake in that. He just got the nomination today.

McCain got the nomination three months ago, and he hasn't announced a VP candidate.

This is politics...not "dissing". Hillary has been "dissing" Barrack for the last 6 months. She should be on her hands and knees begging for the VP chance now.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-04-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
McCain:

Why? He is right, we know him, we can trust he will do what he always has done and behave how he always has!

Obama, he is young and inexperienced, a new figure in politics, how will he react in probable war situations? Nobody knows. It would be interesting to see a black man in head of the US, however, I would much rather stick with my war mongering, right wing republican!

Thats right. With Iran saying it is probable that Israel is going to be wiped off the map, and in the same day issueing a statement that it will continue its 'peaceful' nuclear programme, this is no time for trying new things! We need the old and promiseing T-Rex dinosaur sitting in the white house that is surely to start a war at the first sight of a defiant eye from a muslim!

Yeah, given I want Iran to nuke Israel and then the US to nuke Iran and then the world to all shoot each other, given all this, I vote McCain! McCain and all the above are much more a promiseing connection to them than Obama, who wants change and reform...

You never cease to suprise me, Tenchu. For as long as I have been here you have taken a shit on everything American, especially presidential policies, and now you want to support the guy that will keep all that crap up.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

06-04-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Nominees NEVER announce a VP candidate before they have been decided as the nominee, so Obama has made no mistake in that. He just got the nomination today.

McCain got the nomination three months ago, and he hasn't announced a VP candidate.

This is politics...not "dissing". Hillary has been "dissing" Barrack for the last 6 months. She should be on her hands and knees begging for the VP chance now.
OK, I wasn't aware of this regulation then.

But the Republicans have nobody so of course they couldn't announce it earlier.

Although she lost the race, Hillary does have another half of democratic votes and you don't want those people to turn again Obama.

It is very possible for neutrals to vote for McCain and for those Hillary supports to not vote.

I know the two dislike each other but Obama has pretty much no choice at this point.

Because the Democratic party doesn't want anymore internal BS and lose to McCain as a result, I see the two working together regardless of whether they like hate each other or not.

And about "dissing", you know what I mean.

Hillary has been "dissing" Obama of sure but he talked shit back and his people provided some headlines for the public as well.

She got away with it because she looked really desperate.

But now, the race is over and Obama has to make a decision.

Be honest with his feelings and reject Hilldog or compromise and accept her.

Last edited by tommasi : 06-04-2008 at 09:57 AM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-04-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
You never cease to suprise me, Tenchu. For as long as I have been here you have taken a shit on everything American, especially presidential policies, and now you want to support the guy that will keep all that crap up.
Welcome to the "Enigma" that is Tenchu, to put it politely.

It's funny though, through all the outright publicity of the Hilary/Obama conflict, me and my friends were laughing at how ironic it would be if McCain won. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I guess now it is the proverbial "crunch" time for that predictions fruition.
Even so, I'd prolly vote for Obama if it were up to me, no matter how plastic he seemed initially.

I also want Obama to win so I can see if great comedians, (like Richard Pryor) predicted correctly that if ever there were a Black president, there would be constant cook outs at the White house and kids running across the lawn

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers