JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Corvin (Offline)
JF Regular

06-04-2008, 12:53 PM

McCain's victory is possible due to stupid conflict between Obama, Clinton and theirs supporters. Some of Clinton's supperters declared their support for McCain's if Obama was the Democrats pretendent to White House.
For me the best candidate is Ron Paul, but he have no chances I think. Even the biggest funds can't help him. He's Republicans candidate, people are skeptical to Republicans. Moreover, Paul is omitting by media in USA. In other countries too. Situation in other countries is similiar.
If I have to choice Obama or McCain I choice the Republican, but the best person who can save USA from crisis is Paul.

(#22 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
May the best man win.
Hahahahahahhahahaa xD

If only it was so... Bush would have never gotten his ass into office.

I would doubtlessly vote for Obama if I was a US citizen.. all in gooooood time ^^

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-04-2008, 01:05 PM

I would vote McCain.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 06-04-2008 at 01:51 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Blegh to McCain....

I think Obama will bring us a better change. Though I know it'll be hard for him....If he's gonna address what he promised and take care of loose ends that the past presidents left behind.

But I had understood that she was considering taking his offer. Wish there was one news station that would tell you the correct facts.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#25 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

06-04-2008, 02:04 PM

Obama-rama is what i have...not only do I agree with what he is standing for (the usual immigration laws, war, education, etc), but hes been the most recent presidential candidate that doesn't get on my nerves. A yes for Mr. Barack Obama!

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#26 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-04-2008, 02:09 PM

Not an IF for me.

And it would never be for McCain, much less the republican party these days.
Just counting down the days till that shrub in DC is gone!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
06-04-2008, 02:19 PM

I'm a leftist (actually, ultra-leftist on some positions), so I would *never* vote for a republican.
I don't like McCain at all.
If I were to choose between Obama and Clinton, I'd probably choose Obama anyway. He's young, he's part of a minority, he's open minded (well, at least more open minded than every republican out there and the majority of the other democrats). I'm happy that he got the nomination.
As for Clinton being the vicepresident... well, a vice-president must agreed completely with the president's opinions, and Clinton has different views on some issues, so I don't think choosing her would be a wise choice.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
XrachelleX (Offline)
i hold it not a sin

06-04-2008, 02:46 PM

I AM A PROUD REBUBLICAN!!!! and i would never vote for a democrat at all.
[nothing personal, i just dont like the views] and i know that the war will stop with McCain as president!!! I SHOULD KNOW!!!! i know a person who went to war, Obama's ways are not the way to go. becuase there will be another terrorist attack like 9/11[may they all R.I.P]. i mean really, "sit down the israli dictator and compromise with him???" cmon! its not the way to do it!! this war started with stupid Clinton's butt talking his mouth off, we dont need another one.

THE SHINIGAMI CLAN!
pm me if ya wanna be in it

XrachelleX(miyuki)--the death master
emiluvsjmusic(emi)--the humanity taker
SHELKE17(tears of blood)--the tearing heart
auran(Hiugchi)--the cheer taker
NejimaCrazy(Matser X)-sanity destroyer
shinigami13(nemo)-memory hoader
zachart(domogoto killa)-destroyer of light
jene(angel without wings)-blue eyes dragon
court jester of (_) Boring club (_)

(#29 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I would be kind of surprised if Obama asked Hillary to be VP, actually. Some call it the "dream ticket" but there are a lot of people that don't like one or the other...and do you really think Hillary and Bill can sit around as second-fiddle?
While a mesh of their political views might be good for us, you're right about the volatility of having either of the Clintons as your back-up. And I think the combination of Obama & Clinton might move some off the fence in McCain's direction.

I have worked for both parties (actually even the campaign for the first term of the shrub's father) and all political parties are corrupt at their core, so I never vote by the party .... always the person. And though I grew up with McCain's peers all around me and I respect him, I do not want that perspective in the Oval office.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-04-2008, 04:37 PM

I dunno, I'm still trying to figure it all out, My 18th birthday is ONE day before the election. So I don't get to vote.

I think Obama would be a good President, but I might be making my opinon more out of Ignorance than anything else....

McCain I'm not so sure about. After the Bush administration I think change is needed and I don't know what kind of change to expect with McCain.

I agree with Taln in the fact that you should NEVER vote by party. I found the fact of the matter is that everyone (especially in politics) has their own agenda to complete, good or otherwise. So their motives and morals may not be as red or blue, right or left however you want to say it than you might think. And I've also found that election year cantidates promise alot of things, not all of which are delivered. I'm watching and waiting for now.

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria