JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#321 (permalink))
Old
Gackt21 (Offline)
退屈中央

Send a message via Skype™ to Gackt21
06-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
When you speak, it reminds me of this weeks ridiculous episode of Naruto.
I speak like a woman that should not have my nose in the matters of Government. I also speak like a Confederate of the old days. I don't want my freedoms taken away because my parents tried doing that for years.

GACKTDOLL クリスティーナ
Kurisutīna
(#322 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt21 View Post
I speak like a woman that should not have my nose in the matters of Government. I also speak like a Confederate of the old days. I don't want my freedoms taken away because my parents tried doing that for years.
What? You're going to have to explain this one to me. It flies straight over my head.

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#323 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-13-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt21 View Post
Sorry this may sound rude but you sound like a deluded and brainwashed person. Your "facts" are incoherent (make no sense) and your conclusions, based on those facts, are also incoherent.
Nothing you've said actually ties in with what is happening in American politics. It is just baseless supposition (fantasy) which you have probably been fed by your husband, or you have dreamed up by watching a 5 minute news report a few years old.
Of course, you are free to think what you want but I personally can't even begin to bother with explaining how erroneous (wrong) your ideas are.
Its not like you would listen to anyone else when you're loaded with such ridiculous opinions.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#324 (permalink))
Old
AmericanOtakuLee (Offline)
JF Regular

06-13-2008, 03:52 PM

I will be back McCain because Obama is way too naive to run the America.
Obama has refused to understand appeasing crazed terrorist who think killing non Muslims is their ticket to 72 virgins will not bring safety.
Also America is not a Democracy it is a Constitutional Republic which is better then a Democracy cause people actually have to deal with a cross section of Americans. While in a Democracy 51 percent can decide how much freedom the other 49 percent have. The Founders considered a Democracy then then tossed it away cause a Republic provides more freedom.

Last edited by AmericanOtakuLee : 06-13-2008 at 04:16 PM.
(#325 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-13-2008, 06:56 PM

McCain will bring change. He will bring a much-needed revival to the Republican party after Bush fucked things up for it.

[In some ways, I wish I was American so I could vote in this...]

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 06-13-2008 at 07:01 PM.
(#326 (permalink))
Old
AmericanOtakuLee (Offline)
JF Regular

06-13-2008, 07:14 PM

the only things i disagree with bush is some of his social issues such as with the school program their should have been a clear system as to grade schools and allow parents to transfer their kids to homeschool/private school and their is some things i disagree with mccain but at least mccain is not as niave as obama
(#327 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanOtakuLee View Post
the only things i disagree with bush is some of his social issues such as with the school program their should have been a clear system as to grade schools and allow parents to transfer their kids to homeschool/private school and their is some things i disagree with mccain but at least mccain is not as niave as obama
I agree that Obama is going to have a learning curve in that office that will be rough. He doesn't have a deep foreign affairs background. but if he can pick his cabinet and advisors well, he will be ok.

But I am afraid that McCain will rely too much on "how its always been done" and be even less open to rethinking failing policies. Even worse, I don't think the rank and file Republicans will listen to him once he is in office. My gut says he will be told to shut up an toe the party line. Despite an obvious backbone, I think unless it a public dispute he will give in to them. And face it, while his exposure to foreign affairs is first-hand, its also seriously limited. And unlike Obama, so is his experience with domestic policy. Its been pretty much what he knows of middle and upper class white America, and that isn't the majority anymore.

Neither one is someone I would really vote for. But its a better slate than the last several presidental elections. And anything is better than what we have now. (Dang - the village idiot is coming home next year! I wish someone else would take him - or maybe I should move farther north.)

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#328 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-13-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
I agree that Obama is going to have a learning curve in that office that will be rough. He doesn't have a deep foreign affairs background. but if he can pick his cabinet and advisors well, he will be ok.

But I am afraid that McCain will rely too much on "how its always been done" and be even less open to rethinking failing policies. Even worse, I don't think the rank and file Republicans will listen to him once he is in office. My gut says he will be told to shut up an toe the party line. Despite an obvious backbone, I think unless it a public dispute he will give in to them. And face it, while his exposure to foreign affairs is first-hand, its also seriously limited. And unlike Obama, so is his experience with domestic policy. Its been pretty much what he knows of middle and upper class white America, and that isn't the majority anymore.

Neither one is someone I would really vote for. But its a better slate than the last several presidental elections. And anything is better than what we have now. (Dang - the village idiot is coming home next year! I wish someone else would take him - or maybe I should move farther north.)
Pretty much all of this. Well said TalnSG. They should look at the past before making future policies. Incidentally, I thought Republics were Democracies... XD.

But then again, Bush isn't all that bad. He's not as stupid as the media claim either. After all, how else would he have gained power...and twice?

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#329 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-13-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
Pretty much all of this. Well said TalnSG. They should look at the past before making future policies. Incidentally, I thought Republics were Democracies... XD.

But then again, Bush isn't all that bad. He's not as stupid as the media claim either. After all, how else would he have gained power...and twice?

Bush is VERY stupid.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#330 (permalink))
Old
Narutocrazy101 (Offline)
Noki...

06-13-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post

Bush is VERY stupid.
Im not even american and i know that lol...

Family
Cousin:buklao456,HoshiChan
Brother:animeeomarguy, Psychopathic Sister:QuoyaNatsume
nephews:Thunda, Cat:Animerox102
Deutsche schwester:cassiechan
My dog!Shes awsome!