JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are Amur Leopards super ultra cute?
Yes! 37 78.72%
No... 10 21.28%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Why is it you complain about the three gorges then?
Because they're not efficiently driving enough of the animals into the cement pours.
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I will pay this off as bad humour. But I honestly hope you would not seriously be selfish as so to use these remedies in real life... right?

Are you serious? Reindeer are one of the most abundant animals of its kind. That pipeline would not have been the same.

I am trusting it is black humor... no?

WOW! That was quite a reaction! I havn't spoken like that on the net since someone called me a pedophile!

Ahhhhh... the old "I know everything about you because I am #1" ploy! I havn't used that since I was last talking to an arrogant stupid dumb fu*king idiot who thought... never mind.

Paul, some honest advice; an avatar gives an impression of who that person is. Like, if you use a female in your pic people will automatically assume you somehow fit that character, even though you might be a man. Now, having some dick wrenched faggot in your avatar is giving you a very stuck up and boring image. You know that, right?

Ivion and Noodle; you did not reply to my post? I am truly dishearted, esp. because it is probably the most best and realistic post i have ever made on the subject. Or is that why? Stumped, no?
Very entertaining post. First, I said Caribou, not reindeer. People were all up-in-arms about the pipeline and said it would ruin the environment and endanger the caribou. It didn't.

And my Avatar, well, I'll chalk that up to humor. That is Abel Fleury, my favorite guitar composer. His music changed my life in subtle ways. He's from another era.

Edit: and oh yeah - Of course I don't use that crap as medicine. Pretty rare for that stuff to be used in the states, outside a couple ethnic group's old folks.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Reindeer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sweety, they are the same animal. I prefer to call them "reindeer" because it gives a Christmas feeling!

And what enviroment? The reindeer live on the arctic tundra where the sunlight that reaches there is not powerful enough to support the growth of trees, so only grass grows. There are only several animals that live there, such as arctic wolves and arctic rabbits. The enviroment there is very stable. As long as the pipeline was bridgeable and did not prohibit the movement of the animals there then I dont think it could have much an impact. Probably just stupid people who dont know shit about anything.

Yeah, I agree. Tell that to all the lefties who won't let up drill our own oil and get off the Arab baby bottle.

Let them think what they want. My age is on my profile. I play classical guitar - and a bunch of Fleury's material. I'm old fashioned. He looks all stern like. It fits.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

08-11-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Ivion and Noodle; you did not reply to my post? I am truly dishearted, esp. because it is probably the most best and realistic post i have ever made on the subject. Or is that why? Stumped, no?
I will reply to it... But currently, I'm at work and don't have the chance to write or reply to long posts... I do however agree that it is one of your best posts and clearly shows that I've misunderstood a lot of what you've said in the past...

Don't worry, I will reply at some point today... prob during my lunch break
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
*shivering at the acknowledgement I am talking to an old man*

I heard Obama wants to drill the American oil (he is on your left, right?). He also wants to tax oil companies to pay $1,000 to every family! WOW, huh? Way to buy your way into office. I hope people dont buy that.
Don't get me started on him.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-11-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
So the drug dealer I took off the stret last week wasn't doing anything good. Arresting gangsters with vehicles full of burglary tools and weapons doesn't help people? Conforting families when thier loved ones die before thier eyes doesn't help people? Taking sexual criminals who commit sex crimes to innocents doesn't help? Getting women and children out of the clutches of abusive monsters doesn't help? I do all these things of a regular basis. This helps the world? Helping stray animals doesn't help? Never been hunting in my life. I could go on and on. You are pathetic.
I am pathetic? Lol. You're the one with your lame jokes about Tusks and crap which is what I referred to earlier. You just couldn't keep quiet and looked for any excuse to have a go at me didn't you. Seems like some animal activist must've hit a nerve sometime in your life
(I'm no animal activist.)
I don't know what your profession is but good on you if you do all that. Do you feel like the need to be acknowledged or something? I didn't bring up the "I do more for you than the world" contest.
I'm no law man but i'll tell you, i've easily done as much as you for the world mate.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 08-11-2008 at 11:53 AM.
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

08-12-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Maybe you should take a step back and breathe a bit.

Noone said "we were going to kill them all". He was talking in terms of potential. Humans have the potential to destroy the world if they want but of course that is foolishness. In that respect, we are the superior species because of our technology and intelligence. We are even superior because we choose NOT to destroy the Earth and there are plenty of people who help it rather than cause more problems with it, despite that technology.

So really, calm down.
Some people do help. Most don't.

The people that help are the superior in our species. Like I said, if the WHOLE human race was like that, I wouldn't have any problem calling us superior.

Did I ever say that any specific person was inferior (with the exception of that dumbass, whom shall remain nameless, that said "we're superior because we can kill them all")?

If you take a look around, we have been destroying the world without even realizing it since we became a "civilized" species. Even things we now KNOW destroy the world, we continue doing.

Take, for example, hunting. Sure, they can claim that it's about keeping down the populations of the animals they hunt, but if humans hadn't killed off half their natural predators, then we wouldn't have to use population control. now would we?

On that topic, why is it that we think we can get away with population control on other species when we can't even control our own.

That's one of the reasons for this thread as a whole, no?

...Of course, the best population control we have is one of the only things humans do that no other animals do. You know, killing each other...

I heard a perfect joke that works QUITE well in this situation. I believe it's by a comedian named Eddie Izzard (spelling in question...).

I quote:

For some reason, when we have a dog, we get away with the constant 'BAD DOG!' comments. Think about it. "Bad dog, bad dog. You stole a biscuit. Bad dog."

Of course, the whole time the dog's looking at us thinking, "Bad dog? How am I bad? You humans have had suicide, homocide, genocide, and general slaughter of your own species, among others. I just ate a biscuit. How am I the bad one?"

"... Good point. Here, have another biscuit."

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."
(#128 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-12-2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaru View Post
Some people do help. Most don't.

The people that help are the superior in our species. Like I said, if the WHOLE human race was like that, I wouldn't have any problem calling us superior.

Did I ever say that any specific person was inferior (with the exception of that dumbass, whom shall remain nameless, that said "we're superior because we can kill them all")?

If you take a look around, we have been destroying the world without even realizing it since we became a "civilized" species. Even things we now KNOW destroy the world, we continue doing.

Take, for example, hunting. Sure, they can claim that it's about keeping down the populations of the animals they hunt, but if humans hadn't killed off half their natural predators, then we wouldn't have to use population control. now would we?

On that topic, why is it that we think we can get away with population control on other species when we can't even control our own.

That's one of the reasons for this thread as a whole, no?

...Of course, the best population control we have is one of the only things humans do that no other animals do. You know, killing each other...

I heard a perfect joke that works QUITE well in this situation. I believe it's by a comedian named Eddie Izzard (spelling in question...).

I quote:

For some reason, when we have a dog, we get away with the constant 'BAD DOG!' comments. Think about it. "Bad dog, bad dog. You stole a biscuit. Bad dog."

Of course, the whole time the dog's looking at us thinking, "Bad dog? How am I bad? You humans have had suicide, homocide, genocide, and general slaughter of your own species, among others. I just ate a biscuit. How am I the bad one?"

"... Good point. Here, have another biscuit."
Hmm as valid as most of your points may be, killing each other is by no means a viable solution. "We" may have f*cked up the Earth but that is merely through our own weaknesses. Animals simply do not have the ability to cause the same level of chaos because they do not have the same depth of intelligence. The intelligence in humans is what makes them so prone to mistakes. Deciding and choosing between right and wrong is our ultimate weakness. You could say it is the curse of having Intelligence.
It is also something which goes beyond just "survival", unlike animals.
When animals kill each other, it always boils down to their survival instinct.
When humans kill each other, it is rarely because of an instinct to survive.
What you are proposing is as bad as any other human who wreaks havoc on Earth. That actually makes you one of those "weaker" people, if you think it really is a justified course of action.
On the other hand, if people always chose the appropriate course of action, they would be perfect. Then, like you said, we would be superior.
However, nobody is perfect.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#129 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

08-12-2008, 04:12 AM

Thank you, ivi0n, for pointing out that I DO present valid points.

Just to clear things up, though...

I never condoned homocide and all that, I'm just saying it's the most garunteed form of population control that works (and rather well, actually) on humans, and one of the only things that humans do that other animals don't.

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."
(#130 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-12-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Take a look at this:

Take into consideration; the ants know that this infection is bad, because they remove them from the vacinity when they discover them. Yet once the ant becomes infected it has lost this knowledge, and just does what the fungi wants, which is; climb to the best vantage point to spread more spores to other ants.

So the ant climbs up there and clings on because the fungi tells it to once it takes over. That is mind control.

Anyone seen "The Happening" movie? It reminds me of that movie.

Anyway, it is interesting, esp. on the subject of species superiority. Although the fungi is not superior to us, it still shows how it has evolved in a very different direction as us to perform a skil which is clearly exceptional.
Dude I don't doubt that animals aint exceptional and what you've shown is of course quite impressive in itself.
You know the Dragonfly has a kind of line on its sight which can be likened to the horizontal line in a fighter jets HUD?
Everytime it takes a sharp turn, its wing muscles automatically respond to the level of the line against the actual landscape and adjust its flight accordingly. All this is apparently done subconciously so doesn't even require the Dragonfly to think about it.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers