JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Are you proud of your country? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/18792-you-proud-your-country.html)

Tordek42 09-03-2008 05:52 PM

Tbh I'm hugley proud of where I come from (London, murder city...)

As for the UK as a whole, if we stopped being America's bitch then I'd have some respect for the government.

And we have Gordon Brown as a PM (but Boris Johnson and Mayor of London which makes for it a bit...)

Henbaka 09-03-2008 05:53 PM

Sure, I think it's kinda cute.

FearTheNumbers 09-03-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 575318)
What's so bad about Scotland...?

I guess it depends what city you live in.
I hate the weather here but I kinda like my city.

Well yeah, you're in Edinburgh, which is great.
But I'm in Dundee.
Which is not so great.

Haggis 09-03-2008 06:13 PM

I was proud of my country until I saw the olympic closing ceremony. I worry about 2012, look how we've started...

Quote:

The controversial 2012 Olympics logo ran into more trouble today as it emerged that a video promoting it had triggered migraines and epileptic fits.

Aota 09-03-2008 06:35 PM

I'd like to see the US evolve into a more supportive country. I'm starting to respect it, a tiny bit. Maybe in about ten years, it'll have my respect.

However, in no way will I ever have respect for Texas. x]

Sketchy 09-03-2008 07:08 PM

I'm from Ireland, and yes.

MissMisa 09-03-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggis (Post 575349)
I was proud of my country until I saw the olympic closing ceremony. I worry about 2012, look how we've started...

I really really hated this logo. It's just silly and ridiculous in my opinion. It's all flashy and animated, but actually still it looks rubbish [and animated, it's not much better.] I suffer from migraine so it's a bad thing for me personally, too. I just think it was a bad idea in general.

Bureda 09-03-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 575278)
I guess I dont have much reasons not to be proud of my country...so i guess I am :)

Here's your reason to be proud:

He's the man! :P

I am not English, but I am a proud British.

Tordek42 09-03-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 575392)
I really really hated this logo. It's just silly and ridiculous in my opinion. It's all flashy and animated, but actually still it looks rubbish [and animated, it's not much better.] I suffer from migraine so it's a bad thing for me personally, too. I just think it was a bad idea in general.

Really the London 2012 Olympics are gonna fail completely (trying to top Beijing is just impossible, as well as lack of public support)

Sketchy 09-03-2008 07:17 PM

I'm sure they'll come up with the goods by 2012, China was still scrambling to put it together til the last second so it's not as if they had it easy either.