JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Are you proud of your country? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/18792-you-proud-your-country.html)

chibichick83 09-04-2008 02:24 PM

I love the country where I live (England in the UK) so you bet I'm proud! :D

Acidreptile 09-04-2008 02:25 PM

No I am absolutely not proud of my country.I really hate it.

Alkindus 09-04-2008 02:30 PM

nothing above the familia.

Well I am proud of my ´Fries´, ´Arabian´ heritage. (both people produce the best horses btw lol)

I don´t think in borders, my (fries)dutch ancestors were sailors/shipper and my (arabian) moroccan ancestors were nomads, hadj. when my fries fam came to amsterdam(holland) they were looked at as immigrants 120 years ago, nowaday the ´holland´ is synonomus for the netherlands, what was known as Holland and Friesland is now considered one....my arabian ancestors settled in Morocco after and they traveled all across africa and the middle-east, allmost a century ago some of my fam were on hadj but ended up in Malta.

nobody choose to be ´where´ they are now and ´what´ they are now , I´m just proud of my fam because we never basically are our own ´country´ lol, with our own history and we all had different ´nationalities´ even if we lived in the same ´country´ but most of the time not.

Yo Noodle about the ´free people´/Amazigh: I have read many things about them (probably have some ´Amazigh blood to lol) and what amazed me was that I couldn´t find where the originally came from(africa/middle-east) but people started calling themselves the free people after Shesshonq (forgive the spelling) the first libian/amazigh, Pharaoh of Egypt, 8 amazigh pharaohs followed after. u know that the amazigh live in the year 2977 +- right?

Here is the interesting and very controversial part, many people think I am mad for this theory but what the hell I´ll just drop it the bomb: Moses was an Amazigh. don´t laugh yet. he never called himself moses....the free people were slaves in egypt ones.

what was the first thing Sheshonq did when he became the pharaoh? indeed he took over the land which is now known as Palestine and Israel, Jordan etc. we are talking about 1000 BC time period...

now people call me crazy, but look at the EXTREMELY paralel lifes of Sheshonq and Moses, from infant and outsider to emperor, there is no evidence for an exodus, but we have evidence that thousands and thousands of people started calling themselves the ´free people´ after he became pharaoh, thats when the year count started and thats when Egypt/Khemet Changed forever.

there are a thousand reasons why I believe what I believe I recommend everyone that is interested in history to do some research about this u will notice it´s not just a wild theory. the knowledge and the wisdom of the sands tell us a lot.

clairebear 09-04-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dainichi (Post 575819)
Two words that make me proud to be scottish... the great invention of "IRN-BRU" Makes me proud to have Scottish blood.

Totally :cool:

One thing about Scotland though...lots of people seem to think we're not part of Britain? -.- I've seen lots of people think Britain = England...its pretty annoying. But if we become independant it wont bother me anymore :mtongue:

zoneoni 09-04-2008 03:08 PM

For realz?

Then what is England really? Britian + Scotland + ???

Salvanas 09-04-2008 03:12 PM

Britain = Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland.

zoneoni 09-04-2008 03:13 PM

Duh, rofl, im noobage.

Dam too late to edit it, Sigh, it will remain there forever, FOR EVERYONE TO SEE MY LEET NOOBAGE.!!!!

*Cry*

Salvanas 09-04-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneoni (Post 575914)
For realz?

Then what is England really? Britian + Scotland + ???

Just to make it worse, I've quoted you now.

Muah!

zoneoni 09-04-2008 03:19 PM

Don't do it, don't put it in your collection of quotes in you signatures section. LOL

kaelazors 09-04-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro (Post 575760)
I second that, I will always be grateful to live here. I believe the USA has come a long way sense the old days of starting up but currently this president has really f**ked up this country and it's reputation. It's embarrassing to even think that the USA voted in this president in office not once, but twice.

seriously!! and if mccain wins [i pray he doesn't!] i swear i'm gonna go crazy ><

Dainichi 09-04-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 575913)

One thing about Scotland though...lots of people seem to think we're not part of Britain? -.- I've seen lots of people think Britain = England...its pretty annoying. But if we become independant it wont bother me anymore :mtongue:

Becoming independant how appealing it may sound will screw a hell of alot of families up with a massive tax hike and such... So I'm happy to stay the invisible country for the time... Also England is the most common country that people think of since it's larger than Scotland, Wales, and both Irelands... just not combined.

But yeah big it up for the haggis and ginge.

MissMisa 09-04-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 575913)

Well England is the biggest country in Britain and where the government is based, but it does annoy me because Scotland and England are two different places entirely. Scotland won't become independant because as far as I know the population isn't big enough to sustain itself without the inclusion of the UK, so even if you wanted to I'm pretty sure it's not possible for you to retain free healthcare and schooling. [Also, it would be even more difficult since the population of elderly people in Scotland has sharply risen - people are living longer - whereas the amount of children has dropped.]

clairebear 09-04-2008 03:54 PM

I honestly dont really want us to become independant. But whatever happens, happens..(I doubt we will become independant anyway)

I'm just surprised at the amount of people out there who dont know that Britain isnt just one country ._.

MissMisa 09-04-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 575950)
I honestly dont really want us to become independant. But whatever happens, happens..(I doubt we will become independant anyway)

I'm just surprised at the amount of people out there who dont know that Britain isnt just one country ._.

Well it pisses me off when on forms to fill in it just says : UK.

Wtf? Every other country has it's own name, yet all 4 countries which are entirely different are slapped together? You can't just put you're from England, or Scotland, it's like a mystery and you could be from any :/

Dainichi 09-04-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 575950)

I sorta got over that years ago, no amount of bitching and complaining will change this, so I've just learned to live with this fact... I still scald people who call me English though haha.

zoneoni 09-04-2008 03:58 PM

Yeah I always thought that Britan was England and England was Britan and Scotland was, well Scotland. Didn't like world geography as a kid much. I'm sure that most of the kids that grew up with me with the same teachers think the same, because when we were discussing history we used England and Britan interchangeably.

MissMisa 09-04-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneoni (Post 575955)
Yeah I always thought that Britan was England and England was Britan and Scotland was, well Scotland. Didn't like world geography as a kid much. I'm sure that most of the kids that grew up with me with the same teachers think the same, because when we were discussing history we used England and Britan interchangeably.

Wow really? Britain, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, all refer to England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales collectively. Then they all have their own seperate words when referring to just themselves. Surprised some people didn't know that!

zoneoni 09-04-2008 04:17 PM

I'm just saying, that I and probably a whole school was taught that way. Not that it's right but the education system is what's brain washing us into think that. Back in the sixth grade, if they say the sky is pink...then they sky is pink, you argue and well, you don't get to see your family and friends for a while.

theAlphaDuck 09-04-2008 04:18 PM

ca'mon ENGURLAND!

SSJup81 09-04-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 575700)
Also I've heard that America's health care system is a shambles. It's definitely the most expensive system but I've also heard that it's the most inefficient as well. A visit to the doctor and treatment for a working class American on minimum wage can often total more than he or she earns in a week!

I've actually had to go to the doctor one time (no insurance, though...can't afford it) and I had to pay for the visit with my entire paycheck that I had for that week and had to pay up the rest on my credit card.

zoneoni 09-04-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck (Post 575964)
ca'mon ENGURLAND!

ROFL!
(10 characters)

Salvanas 09-04-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 575953)

Wtf? Every other country has it's own name, yet all 4 countries which are entirely different are slapped together? You can't just put you're from England, or Scotland, it's like a mystery and you could be from any :/

Aye. I hate those too.

But just to piss them off, I tick the box and put "England" instead.

Sometimes I even put "Gret Britannia" or "United Kingdom of America" to screw them even more. It's hilarious, they still take the forms.

zoneoni 09-04-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

I've actually had to go to the doctor one time (no insurance, though...can't afford it) and I had to pay for the visit with my entire paycheck that I had for that week and had to pay up the rest on my credit card.
We'll visits to a clinic and visits to a hospital are different. If you go to a clinic your dealing with the doctor as if you had gone to best buy and were infront of a cashier about to buy a ps3. Visits to the hospital though are accredited if you don't have insurance to the hospital with backing from the government, the hospital calls you asking for your pay, usually they let you setup some sort of time frame of payment. You still have to pay, just not up front.

Bureda 09-04-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 575918)
Britain = Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland.

I want to quote this because I have seen some really silly comments. I do not feel like ruining my image by bashing peoples ignorance.

zoneoni 09-04-2008 05:52 PM

Yeah, Sal already added mine into his abyss of embarrassing comments.

Bureda 09-04-2008 05:56 PM

Here's the hierarchy of hate for Great Britain.

Scotland Hates > England
Wales Hates > England
Northern Ireland Hates > England
England Hates > England
England Hates > The Rest of the world

:P

NanteNa 09-04-2008 06:14 PM

I'm not literally proud of my country.

But I appreciate being from Denmark. I could've been from a worse place.

Bureda 09-04-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanteNa (Post 576104)
I'm not literally proud of my country.

But I appreciate being from Denmark. I could've been from a worse place.

Like Denmark?

NanteNa 09-04-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bureda (Post 576111)
Like Denmark?

huh?

U mean IF I like Denmark or the worse place COULD be Denmark?

Either way, I like Denmark. And Denmark's not worse than Denmark.. Obviously.

Bureda 09-04-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanteNa (Post 576104)
I could've been from a worse place.

Like Denmark!?

zoneoni 09-04-2008 06:20 PM

LOL

Epic Fail!!!

Oren 09-04-2008 06:34 PM

I'm from the US and I used to be very proud of my country. But that's when I was young, uneducated, and naive about the world. Now that I know better and can understand politics and the American government, I see there is not much to be proud of.

Suki 09-04-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsuzuki (Post 575859)
I don't know of what I should be proud x) I'm german

lol Nah, your people only killed 6 million Jews and 20 million Russians, nothing to be ashamed of ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 575953)

How about when people say they're from 'America' and everyone assumes (me included) right away they're from the States when they could be from say, Paraguay? >.>'

Dainichi 09-04-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bureda (Post 576111)
Like Denmark?

How I lol'd

Sketchy 09-04-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 575960)
Wow really? Britain, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, all refer to England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales collectively. Then they all have their own seperate words when referring to just themselves. Surprised some people didn't know that!

*Northern Ireland

Merisa 09-04-2008 07:03 PM

Maybe a little then..

JUST A LITTLE!

CarleyGee 09-04-2008 07:11 PM

Right now I kind of am... I don't like how our privacy is being invaded more, but eh.. whatever.
After this presidential election, I think I will be dissapointed no matter who is chosen. -_-

Alkindus 09-04-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 576139)
lol Nah, your people only killed 6 million Jews and 20 million Russians, nothing to be ashamed of ;)

How about when people say they're from 'America' and everyone assumes (me included) right away they're from the States when they could be from say, Paraguay? >.>'

sorry I couldn´t resist:

YouTube - FRANCO- HITLER EN HENDAYA II GUERRA MUNDIAL

and lets not even talk about what ´your´ people did in the america´s and europa.

no hate intended.

zoneoni 09-04-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Right now I kind of am... I don't like how our privacy is being invaded more, but eh.. whatever.
After this presidential election, I think I will be dissapointed no matter who is chosen. -_-
For realz?

How come?

Compared to the last election between george bush and john kerry, this time the selections are quite definitive and not alot of that grey area stuff, like last time.

Salvanas 09-04-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 576139)

Sharp.

You have a harsh tongue Suki :P