JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   what type(s) of music do you listen to? who's your favorite artist? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/20231-what-type%28s%29-music-do-you-listen-whos-your-favorite-artist.html)

Excessum 10-22-2008 07:19 PM

I listen to a lot of different directions of music, the biggest part, however, consists of various subgenres of heavy metal, electronica, neo-classics and symphonic music... and a vast amount of various stuff in between them. However i am very picky when it comes to the music i listen to... and there aren't all that many bands/artists that make their way into my constant playlist.

As for my favorite band at the moment... it is Dark Tranquillity.
PS. My Last.fm profile page.

YoruKage 10-22-2008 07:37 PM

Well, I listen to a variety of music. However, I love Rock the most! Right now, The Lostprophets are meh fave band! :3

CrazyLee 10-22-2008 08:05 PM

I've got weird tastes in music. A mix of Japanese (obviously, but it doesn't really matter on the genre), rock, metal....and some pop. Very odd mix, thogh at the minute my favourite is probablt Dragonforce. Speed Metal for the win!

CarleyGee 10-22-2008 08:10 PM

Favorite Artist : A Perfect Circle or A Fine Frenzy

I usally listen to rock.
NOT J-Rock, just regular rock.

Sketchy 10-22-2008 08:29 PM

I'll listen to any kind really if It sounds good to me, no particular favourite band or genre, I probably go through every possible category out there when listening to music on my computer/mp3 player. Can't say I'm big into Japanese stuff though, don't listen to much.

Aota 10-22-2008 08:34 PM

Punk-Sex Pistols
Jazz-Seatbelts
Electronica-Thievery Corporation
Rock-PIERROT
Rap-Rhymester or Back-On
Funk-Gorillaz

lself 10-22-2008 09:11 PM

I like jrock/visual kei(i know how predictable). But i also like classic rock, and alternative rock etc. I like Modest Mouse a lot and Franz Ferdinand and the White Stripes(probably my fave), and I really like 94.7 radio station, which is an alternative station that plays local stuff.

DSX 10-22-2008 09:48 PM

I listen to a variety of music, excluding most of rap and RnB because most of it is the same crap over and over.

For a favorite, I definately pick King Diamond. Best black metal I've ever heard.

LucyL 10-23-2008 02:29 AM

I can't pick just one genre of music I like so many.

My favorite bands are: Rammstein, Genitorturers, Gwar, Disturbed, D'espairsRay, and Dir En Grey.

Abasio 10-23-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck (Post 613212)
infected mushroom....oh YES!

especially thier song

JEENAGE...if you havnt heard it...then get yo self a copy

I preferred Classical Mushroom & The Gathering to their later stuff. They are still innovative but Dudev's singing makes me cringe :chikasfrown:

I love Goa Trance, Psy Trance, Psychill, Ketamine Trance, Ambient & IDM

favourite artists are Hallucinogen, Jikkenteki, Shpongle, Solar Fields, Ishq & Secede respectively