LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-15-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodNickSatan View Post
But you can buy 10 packs of cigarettes and sell them to underage school kids for double the price, and then buy two new console games.
underage school kids don't have 10 dollars to pay for a pack of cigs.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-15-2008, 10:28 AM

10 dollars? A pack of cigs? Damn.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-15-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodNickSatan View Post
But you can buy 10 packs of cigarettes and sell them to underage school kids for double the price, and then buy two new console games.
And then you can be arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor and be fined enough money to buy 50 console games, as well as spend a few days in jail, and get a few years of probation to boot.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
wilsontheterrible (Offline)
JF Regular

11-15-2008, 05:46 PM

Alright, expanding on the issue. I dont smoke cigarettes, I find them stinky and unsatisfying, but I do smoke cigars. If/when I go there, am I going to get any flack for it? I know some french people that smoke like fiends but when I lite up my Rocky Patel they get in my face about how bad it is. I love my hand rolled cigars and smoke at least 1 a week, I can go a long time without a good meal but the elegant aroma of a pefectly rolled bit of pure Hondurian tobacco leaf is a comfort well worth the price.

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." - Henrik Tikkanen
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-15-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontheterrible View Post
Alright, expanding on the issue. I dont smoke cigarettes, I find them stinky and unsatisfying, but I do smoke cigars. If/when I go there, am I going to get any flack for it? I know some french people that smoke like fiends but when I lite up my Rocky Patel they get in my face about how bad it is. I love my hand rolled cigars and smoke at least 1 a week, I can go a long time without a good meal but the elegant aroma of a pefectly rolled bit of pure Hondurian tobacco leaf is a comfort well worth the price.
Smoking cigars is rare in Japan, so you will get some sideways looks. There are cigar bars in Tokyo, Kobe and Osaka, and I am sure other cities and there are high-end vendors, as well (Cubans!). Some international hotels have cigar bars (Think "Lost in Translation") as well.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

11-15-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Smoking cigars is rare in Japan, so you will get some sideways looks. There are cigar bars in Tokyo, Kobe and Osaka, and I am sure other cities and there are high-end vendors, as well (Cubans!). Some international hotels have cigar bars (Think "Lost in Translation") as well.
Ok, now I'm excited. I managed to get my hands on one in the Caribbean and compared to that everything else is second rate (with the possible exception of the Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo).

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." - Henrik Tikkanen

Last edited by wilsontheterrible : 11-15-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: quoting error
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontheterrible View Post
Ok, now I'm excited. I managed to get my hands on one in the Caribbean and compared to that everything else is second rate (with the possible exception of the Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo).
Cigars in Tokyo - Japan | cigarjapan.com

The prices on the left are for Cubans.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
RazerKill (Offline)
-=New Roots=-

11-15-2008, 08:27 PM

I'm happy that they banned smoking out of restaurants and café's in Holland.
It used to spoil a lot of fun when i went out sins my body cant really handle smoke well.
I guess thats not the case in Japan?
And yeah you can spend your money way better on otter things then cigarettes.

proud member of the ramen club XD

http://new-roots.com
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-15-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerKill View Post
I'm happy that they banned smoking out of restaurants and café's in Holland.
It used to spoil a lot of fun when i went out sins my body cant really handle smoke well.
I guess thats not the case in Japan?
And yeah you can spend your money way better on otter things then cigarettes.
It's moving that way in Japan, but they still have a long way to go.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

11-15-2008, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the link, the prices are a bit steep but hey, I can't complain. Its not like I can get them here anyway. But at those prices I can see why most Japanese dont indulge.

In reguards to banning smoking in restaurants, as a man who enjoys smoking in polite company I dread the day I will be forced to take up my hobby in overpriced Cigar Cafe's, but from an outside perspective I can understand why its happening. Despite the best attempts to control smoke with vents and filters our toxic smog will always find its way to the nonsmokers, ah well thats what balconies and storefronts are for .