JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

bee stings - 11-30-2008, 11:28 PM

now that i think about it..when i was 16 i was stung by a bee and almost died.i had to take a bunch of shots.now all i have to do is wait for the next bee.....
(#52 (permalink))
Old
literature (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up Yeah, it was horrible - 12-01-2008, 01:32 PM

I almost died in a car accident once. Stupid SUV. Well, after that I remember being in bed not being able to move for several months...gosh it was something...but I guess all happens for good...maybe...hmmm
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Blackmariah (Offline)
Killjoy

12-01-2008, 10:20 PM

I had a really bad reaction to some medicine when I was young, almost had a delivery truck run into the bus I was riding, and almost drowned once, that's as close to dying as I've ever come. I don't remember the first incident, but the other 2 were scary enough.

This is what I thought, I thought you'd need me. This is what I thought, so think me naive. I'd promise you a heart you'd promise to keep. Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep. AFI- "Prelude 12/21"
(#54 (permalink))
Old
KeiOfTheWired (Offline)
White rice is the best!

Send a message via MSN to KeiOfTheWired
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM

A T.V. fell on me when I was three, I cut my head open by slipping on a wet floor and hitting my head against the wall's edge, and I'm close to ending up in a car crash every day because the people here don't know how to drive (-___-)**
Oh, and I threw myself down a flight of stairs wearing only a helmet when I was five or six... don't ask me why... (^/////^);;
(#55 (permalink))
Old
wilsontheterrible (Offline)
JF Regular

12-01-2008, 11:27 PM

I almost got mulched doing some landscaping work. We were clearing out a forested area for land development and were using brush chippers so that we could sell the wood chips. Well, while guiding one of the trunks into the chipper the crane arm hiccuped and I was knocked into the chute. I managed to wedge myself inside of the opening to keep myself from falling all the way in but if it weren't for my boss, who had seen the event take place, the crane opperator would have dropped the tree on top of me. Had that happened the result would be something like throwing a slab of meat into a blender and hitting Purée.

My escape from the chipper was followed by a cussing rant that would make a sailor blush. There was much joking and laughter.

Oh and there was the time I had my skull fractured by a baseball bat but that wasn't really life threatening. Just messy.

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." - Henrik Tikkanen

Last edited by wilsontheterrible : 12-01-2008 at 11:33 PM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-02-2008, 12:10 AM

Yes, yes I have.
About halfway through pregnancy, the placenta shut down and drained deteriorating material into my blood stream, causing my kidneys and liver to fail, and then my heart to go into panic mode and shoot my blood pressure through the roof. (I normally have low blood pressure, so it was very shocking.)

I ended up going to the hospital for something I thought would be minor, and being in surgery within a few hours. Had I not had the baby removed, and the placenta scraped out, I would have died within 24 hours. Great fun trying to write up a will as the doctors tell you the chances at the side of the bed...

I cannot have IV due to a circulation system disorder, which made things all that much harder as there was no way to give antibiotics except by mouth - and the doctors didn`t think they`d be effective enough.

The worst part of it was being awake and feeling relatively alright, but having my husband break down at the bedside... And then being taken by ambulance to a larger hospital with a better ICU, and then being wheeled directly into surgery before he even arrived - and thinking that I`d never be able to see him again.

Yeah, it sucked.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Yes, yes I have.
The worst part of it was being awake and feeling relatively alright, but having my husband break down at the bedside... And then being taken by ambulance to a larger hospital with a better ICU, and then being wheeled directly into surgery before he even arrived - and thinking that I`d never be able to see him again.

Yeah, it sucked.
At least with my ex-husband he provided a bit of comic relief for me at the worst of it. He arrived at the hospital room just as they were trying to do a blood test. He stepped in the doorway, and knowing what to expect, I shouted "grab him!". The doctors all turned around just in time have him crumple to the floor. He had no pain tolerance and passed out almost at the mention of blood.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-03-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
At least with my ex-husband he provided a bit of comic relief for me at the worst of it. He arrived at the hospital room just as they were trying to do a blood test. He stepped in the doorway, and knowing what to expect, I shouted "grab him!". The doctors all turned around just in time have him crumple to the floor. He had no pain tolerance and passed out almost at the mention of blood.
I have panic attacks when I think of IVs, even to this day, as they decided that past experience wasn`t enough to rule them out... And spent an hour trying to put one in. I don`t think I`ve ever experienced anything so painful in all my life. Being cut open and not having any pain meds afterward? That sucked, but can`t hold a candle to being held down while the doctors searched under my skin for somewhere that would hold an IV.

After all the drama though - I woke up in a private room and my first thoughts were "Oh my god - how much is this going to cost...?"

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
loversandhaters (Offline)
Fight the tears in misery

12-24-2008, 03:24 AM

Wow, all you people have the most scary stories ever! : O
I did almost lose my life once and be warned, it's an incredible stupid story! xD

I was at my parents place, where I was on the point of taking a bath. (I don't have a bath at home so I do that often when I'm at my parents.)
I had just filled the tub and undressed and stood with my foot lifted to enter the tub, when the window above the tub came falling down. The whole freakin' window came falling down.
It's a window about as large as the tub itself and weights about 600 kilograms. (No kidding.) It fell on the tub and closed it off completely, if it would have fallen down half a minute later I would either have broken my neck and drowned then, or just have drowned. My parents didn't hear a single thing.

Later turned out that the cleaning woman had cleaned the window, but not attached it to the window frame again. Probably the change of air because I had filled the tub, had made the window fall down. It costed a fair amount of money to fix the window again, it was completely broke.

I was shaken the whole day, it felt so stupid to almost get killed by a tub. xD I was like, wow, it really can be over at a minute.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-24-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loversandhaters View Post
Wow, all you people have the most scary stories ever! : O
I did almost lose my life once and be warned, it's an incredible stupid story! xD

I was at my parents place, where I was on the point of taking a bath. (I don't have a bath at home so I do that often when I'm at my parents.)
I had just filled the tub and undressed and stood with my foot lifted to enter the tub, when the window above the tub came falling down. The whole freakin' window came falling down.
It's a window about as large as the tub itself and weights about 600 kilograms. (No kidding.) It fell on the tub and closed it off completely, if it would have fallen down half a minute later I would either have broken my neck and drowned then, or just have drowned. My parents didn't hear a single thing.

Later turned out that the cleaning woman had cleaned the window, but not attached it to the window frame again. Probably the change of air because I had filled the tub, had made the window fall down. It costed a fair amount of money to fix the window again, it was completely broke.

I was shaken the whole day, it felt so stupid to almost get killed by a tub. xD I was like, wow, it really can be over at a minute.
Heh incredible.

Glad you're fine.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers