JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 03:30 AM

What is it with you people and almost drowning?

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#62 (permalink))
Old
loversandhaters (Offline)
Fight the tears in misery

12-24-2008, 03:39 AM

Water is really dangerous. I never washed myself since that happened and it's about four months ago by now.
Nah, just kidding. ^_^
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loversandhaters View Post
Water is really dangerous. I never washed myself since that happened and it's about four months ago by now.
Nah, just kidding. ^_^
I held hands with a girl in 6th grade and haven't washed it since

I guess I'm lucky that my parents taught me to swim when I was young, I'm fully amphibious unlike some people here. Your situation wasn't so much swimming skill as it was 600 "kilograms" of glass, haha

MAXIMUM VIPER
(#64 (permalink))
Old
loversandhaters (Offline)
Fight the tears in misery

12-24-2008, 03:56 AM

Yeah, don't forget the wood surronding the glass. O_0'
I never looked at our cleaning lady the same way after her attempt of murder. xD Never liked her though. ^^
(#65 (permalink))
Old
JuanitoElChino (Offline)
New to JF

12-24-2008, 04:27 AM

loversandhaters, that story was actually pretty epic.

I had a near-death experience involving a train about two months ago. A couple of my friends and I decided to take a trip to the famous "Gates of Hell" here in New Jersey. In order to get there you have to walk on train tracks or a very rocky path beside them. Of course I decided to walk on the rocky path. My friends managed to get ahead of me by taking the alternate/dangerous route. So, I was like "Phucket" and I joined them. The next thing I know, I'm being pushed off of the train tracks, followed by loud screaming, and the sound of a moving train. Luckily, nobody was hurt, but we were shitting buildings afterward. We managed to make it to the Gates of Hell. I was really disappointed though. The train incident was way scarier than a series of storm drains covered in racist graffiti.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 04:29 AM

Isn't the entire Jersey border called the "Gates of Hell"?

MAXIMUM VIPER
(#67 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 05:03 AM

Mine happened the week of Thanksgiving this year. Well, it actually started a few weeks before that. I was constantly thirsty, I had to urinate way more than usual, I was always drowsy, and my vision had started to get blurry especially my night vision. I just thought I had the flu and it was time for a new prescription for my glasses. So on the Sunday before thanksgiving, I threw up everything I tried to eat or drink. Even water. Not to be gross but when I'd throw up the water it would still be cold. At about 3AM it got to the point where I was getting extremely short of breath. I called 911 and was rushed into the emergency room. Apparently I was in the middle of a diabetic episode. One of the ER docs said I was about an hour away from kidney failure and two hours from a diabetic coma which would have probably killed me.

One of the test they do for blood glucose is called the A1C the average person's is 5.5 which is an average blood glucose of about 120. My A1C was 10.5. So my blood glucose was around 300. So my blood had the consistency of motor oil. I got to spend the next week in the hospital which is always fun. And now I get to shoot up with insulin every night.

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
12-24-2008, 05:41 AM

I slipped into rapids.

And the only thing keeping me from going under was my arms holding onto a bridge until I was rescued. Blah.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
Heru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 06:14 AM

I almost drowned when i was young.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Car accident... I was on a bicycle, and when it hit me somehow I got separated from the bicycle (weird) while the car went ON the bicycle. I just had a very bad broken leg, which I'm going to finally fix due to a side problem this January.