JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
Pulled muscle - 12-05-2008, 02:02 AM

Ok, so I discovered this small bump that hurt whenever I touched it on my neck. My sister said it was a pulled muscle so I was wondering if anyone knew anyway to numb the pain. Advil and ibuprofen [sp] don't have any effects on me anymore. I have to cheer tomorrow and I can't move my neck without it hurting.
Help?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

12-05-2008, 02:22 AM

Advil *is* ibuprofen. I would suggest *not* cheering as you *are* injured, and get that sore spot checked out by a doctor. Treating something you don't know is a sure way to make things worse.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
12-05-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Advil *is* ibuprofen. I would suggest *not* cheering as you *are* injured, and get that sore spot checked out by a doctor. Treating something you don't know is a sure way to make things worse.
Well, they've had different effects on me so I consider them different...and my mom won't let me not cheer. And she says I'll be fine as long as I ice it...even after I told her it was getting hard to breath.
She insists on saving money...even I'm not important enough for her anymore
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

12-05-2008, 02:27 AM

Then you have problems beyond a sore neck, methinks. Well, explain the situation to whoever is the coach of the cheerleading team. Hopefully he/she will have more empathy and let you rest and heal. Afterwards, just point dear Mumsy at the coach and grab some popcorn.

And a riot shield.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#5 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

12-05-2008, 02:30 AM

I planned to tell my cheer coach about it, she'll most like just say to stay on the stands and cheer. Not to do half-time and if it starts to hurt, sit by her. My mom doesn't go to the games anyway.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-05-2008, 02:38 AM

Rest.

The only thing cheering with a pulled neck muscle is achieving is stupidity.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

12-05-2008, 02:43 AM

i know that...but I've learned to deal with pain from competition. But I told my mom if it gets worse in the morning then she's takin me to the hospital
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-05-2008, 02:45 AM

It's not really about dealing with pain. A pulled muscle is what the name entails... a pulled muscle. If you cheer you can, and probably will make it worse and you'll be missing more than just one night of cheering.

Suit yourself though.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

12-05-2008, 02:47 AM

Trust me, if I had a choice, I wouldn't cheer. I've pulled my hamstring before, went about a week without going to the doctor, couldn't walk on my leg for a month. Yea...I don't wanna know what will happen with an injured neck
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-05-2008, 02:52 AM

A bump on a neck isn't a sign of a pulled muscle. As I know from my experience, a pulled muscle doesn't leave bumps. So it might actually be something worse, but I don't want scare you.