Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
12-08-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebam View Post
who stars in that movie???
some guy named Clive Owen, he was also in Sin City but Shoot 'em up is ridiculusly(sp) impossible, and you have to laugh and just wonder what the heck were the writers smoking when they decided to have the main character kill the first guy by stabbing him in the eye with a carrot

to stay on topic, I think these new versions of Batman are better than the other movies, the new ones EXPLAIN the how and why, while the old ones didnt explain as much

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Heath Ledger? As Joker in the Batman movie?

Amazing.

Rest in Peace Heath, ya' did good.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
rebam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
some guy named Clive Owen, he was also in Sin City but Shoot 'em up is ridiculusly(sp) impossible, and you have to laugh and just wonder what the heck were the writers smoking when they decided to have the main character kill the first guy by stabbing him in the eye with a carrot

to stay on topic, I think these new versions of Batman are better than the other movies, the new ones EXPLAIN the how and why, while the old ones didnt explain as much
but i never got what really happened to him i mean with the mouth

"What do you believe in? 'I believe that whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stronger'"
(#24 (permalink))
Old
rebam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
Heath Ledger? As Joker in the Batman movie?

Amazing.

Rest in Peace Heath, ya' did good.
i know isnt it amazing

"What do you believe in? 'I believe that whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stronger'"
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Kitsuneko (Offline)
Analog Dinosaur

12-09-2008, 05:05 AM

I can't believe Jack Nicholson was whining that he should have reprised his role as the Joker. Ugh! At least he shut up after Dark Knight came out. He should be ashamed.

While Heath Ledger turned in a frightening and awesome performance, some of his scenes did seem to run overlong at times. Ah, well.

I hope the DVD has the version I first saw at the theaters. The second time I went, at another theater chain, the movie was hacked up and edited to death. It was terrible...

"And I ain't in it for the power,
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth
But I'm in it till it's over and I just can't stop
If you wanna get it done,
You gotta do it yourself..."

Meat Loaf, Everything Louder Than Everything Else
(#26 (permalink))
Old
rebam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
I can't believe Jack Nicholson was whining that he should have reprised his role as the Joker. Ugh! At least he shut up after Dark Knight came out. He should be ashamed.

While Heath Ledger turned in a frightening and awesome performance, some of his scenes did seem to run overlong at times. Ah, well.

I hope the DVD has the version I first saw at the theaters. The second time I went, at another theater chain, the movie was hacked up and edited to death. It was terrible...
well jack nickolosn was an ok oker but he just was more of a funny joker while as Heath Ledger was more of a scary joker!!!

you think they overran the joker there wasnt enough joker in it

they actually cut out parts in a movie theater???

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Kitsuneko (Offline)
Analog Dinosaur

12-10-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebam View Post
well jack nickolosn was an ok oker but he just was more of a funny joker while as Heath Ledger was more of a scary joker!!!

you think they overran the joker there wasnt enough joker in it

they actually cut out parts in a movie theater???
True enough, and while Jack Nicholson is a talented actor, he just didn't fit for me as the Joker. Cesar Romero looked better.

Some of the scenes seemed overlong, but that's just me. I would have preferred more scenes than longer ones, and maybe something to tie up loose ends after the 'hanging from the scaffolding' scene.

Yeah, they did. They pretty near mutilated parts of the movie. The scenes where the Joker visited Dent in the hospital were some of the worst hit in the print we saw.

It was a tragedy, if you saw the better print previous.

"And I ain't in it for the power,
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth
But I'm in it till it's over and I just can't stop
If you wanna get it done,
You gotta do it yourself..."

Meat Loaf, Everything Louder Than Everything Else
(#28 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 05:10 AM

The true star of this movie is Heath Ledger and his character attracted people to actually watch the movie. I mean, Christian Bale is good, but Heath Ledger is just amazing, he stole the show!

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#29 (permalink))
Old
rebam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
True enough, and while Jack Nicholson is a talented actor, he just didn't fit for me as the Joker. Cesar Romero looked better.

Some of the scenes seemed overlong, but that's just me. I would have preferred more scenes than longer ones, and maybe something to tie up loose ends after the 'hanging from the scaffolding' scene.

Yeah, they did. They pretty near mutilated parts of the movie. The scenes where the Joker visited Dent in the hospital were some of the worst hit in the print we saw.

It was a tragedy, if you saw the better print previous.
Dang thats crazy bout the scene changing that is

(#30 (permalink))
Old
rebam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
The true star of this movie is Heath Ledger and his character attracted people to actually watch the movie. I mean, Christian Bale is good, but Heath Ledger is just amazing, he stole the show!
i know i think it would have been cool if he had lived cause he could have gone the next Batman and it would have been so cool!!!