JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
wilsontheterrible (Offline)
JF Regular

12-15-2008, 06:07 AM

Ugh, this old chestnut again. It seems like every time somebody happens to spit in Bush's general direction everybody is up in arms about how he deserves it. Its like all the children on the playground ganging up on the teacher that told them recess is over, he doesn't really have any power over the situation yet everybody resents him for it. When you get right down to it the president has very little power in the U.S political system, to be honest I'm suprised he can blow his nose without congressional approval and a curt nod from the supreme court.

But when the metephorical shit hits the wall the people don't want to take responsibility for their actions they need to blame someone else. So they blame the person with the most percieved power.

That said, if you want to throw a shoe at somebody try the next person you see that was of voting age in 2000, anybody that votes split ticket, or perhapse, if you feeling particularly adventurous, youself.

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." - Henrik Tikkanen
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontheterrible View Post
When you get right down to it the president has very little power in the U.S political system, to be honest I'm suprised he can blow his nose without congressional approval and a curt nod from the supreme court.
The words "police action" come to mind.

Besides, I gave everyone hell who didn't vote this year, and those who wasted their votes on the independent candidate.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#23 (permalink))
Old
RoninDistance (Offline)
Dreaming of the Osaka Sun

12-15-2008, 06:31 AM

From what I hear, throwing a shoe at someone is the ultimate insult in the Arab world, so as random (and even funny) as it probably appears, there is some meaning behind the act.

Shoes and insults hurled at Bush on Iraq visit | World news | The Guardian

Gotta admit his face was priceless. He also has good reflexes.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2008, 06:43 AM

Showing the sole of your shoe is the insult. Throwing it is just plain funny

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#25 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
12-15-2008, 08:33 AM

For all the people complaining about Bush, what happened in 2004?

And on the shoe bit, the President is still the President, show a little respect.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-15-2008, 09:13 AM

Well it's rude to wang shoes at anyone to be honest.

But it was funny and I couldn't help but laugh at the way he ninja dived and avoided both attacks, haha. You could see him loling in the background. A speechbubble saying WTF?! would probably have been appropriate xD
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

12-15-2008, 11:01 AM

good reflexes agreed.

but who cares? really ><

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#28 (permalink))
Old
wilsontheterrible (Offline)
JF Regular

12-15-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
The words "police action" come to mind.

Besides, I gave everyone hell who didn't vote this year, and those who wasted their votes on the independent candidate.
Police actions are still subject to congressional approval, the words 'Authorization for of Use of Force' come to mind.

As for voting, considering that this is a democracy the idea of a wasted vote lies somewhere between a unconsionability and heresy. I didn't like McCain, I didn't like Obama, I read into every single person on my ballot and I cast my vote for the guy I thought would be the best choice reguardless of who everybody else was voting for.

But following the wasted vote logic, because of the electoral college and the domination of the U.S political system by the republicrates I could make the assertion that every vote is a wasted vote.

But I like to color myself an optimist so I'll go out and say that every vote should count no matter where it goes.

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." - Henrik Tikkanen
(#29 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-15-2008, 04:43 PM

Has anyone ever thought that it may be rude to shoot someone in the face, yet we watch or have watched movies where this happens frequently?

Laugh people: the President of the US, the most powerful man in the free world, got a shoe hurled at him, and he "wasn't threatened by it".

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
12-15-2008, 05:22 PM

Honestly who throws a shoe? THIS GUY

I wish it would have hit him HELL i wish i was the one that threw it. As an American i have been embarrassed by Bush for the past 8 years( i voted against him TWICE) at least in his final waining hours he offers a bit of humor on the way out. Oh well even if i dislike him with the fire of a thousand burning stars he is still a world leader and as such a little respect should be given.

Last edited by Sinestra : 12-15-2008 at 05:28 PM.