JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
shojobeateve (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to shojobeateve
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM

I have only watched one and i enjoyed it, it was called A love to kill. one that i want to see is their version Hana-kimi

iAnime
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Ahh. Hana-Kimi. That's a drama :P I'm just talking about movies.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

02-27-2009, 10:33 PM

I (obviously) love Japan, but I also love Korea.
The Korean original "My Sassy Girl" is one of my all-time favorite movies.

My Sassy Girl | Watch My Sassy Girl Korean Movie Online

Some others worthy of naming:
The Art of Fighting - [Action, Drama]
K-Movie- Hard Drama | Veoh
A young boy that has been bullied his entire life is desperate to learn how to defend himself. He eventually runs into someone whom he wants training from: A calm, quiet, solitary man who seems to know a little about fighting. However, it seems this grumpy old master isn't interested in teaching anyone.

Guns & Talks - [Action, Comedy]
Guns & Talks | Watch Guns & Talks Korean Movie Online
A teenage boy and his older brother are hitmen, accompanied by two others: A cool-minded sharpshooter and an aggressive demolition man. Together, the four form a band of brothers, dealing with clients and taking on missions to earn a living.
However, things soon get out of control as emotions begin to get in the way of the mission. Eventually, they attract the attention of the police.

Windstruck - [Romance, Drama, Comedy]
Windstruck | Watch Windstruck Korean Movie Online
A passionate young policewoman chases down a man she believes is a purse-snatcher. He was actually the man chasing the purse-snatcher... But she isn't so ready to believe him. After a huge fuss back in the police station... The two somehow become inseparable. This is sort of a prequel to the Korean hit "My Sassy Girl".

Fighter in the Wind (Japanese/Korean) - [Action, Drama]
Fighter in the Wind | Free Videos - Watch Online Videos - Guide | Veoh
The true story of Choi Baedal, the founder of Kyokushin Karate. His story begins in a Japanese military base. However, this movie isn't about being in the Japanese military. Instead, it is about his life’s journey as a martial artist. The truth is, some Japanese soldiers took a less-than-friendly attitude towards Koreans. And so, from the beginning, life was hard there.
Baedal manages to survive through the initial hardships of living in another country and later becomes one of the most well-known fighters of his time, traveling throughout Japan, fighting various different martial arts masters.

The Legend of Seven Cutter - [Comedy, Action]
The Legend of Seven Cutter | Watch The Legend of Seven Cutter Korean Movie Online
Rumors spread of a vicious lone fighter that easily took down an entire gang of thugs. He seemed almost super-human, avoiding attacks like a ghost and jumping 20 meters into the air. Or was it 5 meters...? In any case, he was some badass. He gained his nickname, Seven Cutter, by leaving a 7cm scar on each of his opponents' bodies. They say his real name is Han-Su... But could he be the Han-Su that is transferring to this certain High School?

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant - [Comedy, Romance]
100 Days With Mr Arrogant | Watch 100 Days With Mr Arrogant Korean Movie Online
Ha-young just got dumped by her boyfriend. Out of frustration, she kicks a can that was lying around. Unfortunately, however, the can was kicked so well that it hit a guy that was driving by in the face, causing him to hit a wall.
It would take $3000 to fix the damages. After a brief argument, Ha-young makes a run for it... while, in the process, accidentally leaving behind her wallet containing her ID.
The driver eventually sends a surprise visit to her high school and, since she can't pay $3000, gets her to agree to a "100 Day Enslavement Agreement".

The Art of Seduction - [Comedy, Romance]
The Art Of Seduction | Watch The Art Of Seduction Korean Movie Online
Two master "players" of the opposite sex target each other in a game of romance, making for quite the complicated sequence of dates. While both are genuinely attracted to one another, neither is willing to lose control of the situation due to their pride as artists. They constantly test each other, looking for any signs of weakness to work with... but it isn't easy when every trick can be countered by another trick.

If any you guys are interested, mysoju*com is a good place to search for Asian movies and dramas.
Veoh.com also has a lot of movies, dramas and animes, but you'll have to dowload a program (it takes about 2 minutes to download, no problem).

Last edited by Jaydelart : 02-27-2009 at 11:29 PM.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
02-28-2009, 10:22 PM

Thanks for naming films :]
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-28-2009, 11:25 PM

I'm surprised that only one person mentioned Joint Security Area. I find it one of the best Korean movies ever.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

03-01-2009, 04:23 AM

Also, "Tae Guk Gi/Brotherhood of War" is a movie worth watching.
It's about two brothers that get drafted into the military during the Korean War. It's fast paced and filled with a lot of action, but still manages to maintain a good storyline.

You may be able to watch the full movie on Youtube if you look for it soon. As for other sources, I'm not sure; I couldn't find any.
Here's a trailer [WARNING: This clip contains mild images of corpses and combat wounds]:
(#67 (permalink))
Old
ps99 (Offline)
New to JF

05-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Old Boy was ...visceral. That has to be one of the most shocking endings ever.

Not sure if The Chaser has been mentioned. It's grim and gritty but at least the "hero"gets a shot at redemption. Judged only on this film the cops in Seoul couldn't find their own backsides with both hands and a torch!

Can someone tell me if 2009 Lost Memories is worth looking up? I like the idea of an alternate history where Korea is part of Japan today thanks to a failed hit back in the early 20th century.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
ps99 (Offline)
New to JF

05-01-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Also, "Tae Guk Gi/Brotherhood of War" is a movie worth watching.
It's about two brothers that get drafted into the military during the Korean War. It's fast paced and filled with a lot of action, but still manages to maintain a good storyline.

You may be able to watch the full movie on Youtube if you look for it soon. As for other sources, I'm not sure; I couldn't find any.
Here's a trailer [WARNING: This clip contains mild images of corpses and combat wounds]:
I thought the battles were well staged but the lead actor over-egged his performance a bit! The Granny character was sooo loveable ...you just wanted to give her a hug!
(#69 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post sci-fi movies - 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps99 View Post
Can someone tell me if 2009 Lost Memories is worth looking up? I like the idea of an alternate history where Korea is part of Japan today thanks to a failed hit back in the early 20th century.
I enjoyed watching 2009 Lost Memories . Another example of SK good sci - fi movie is Tidal Wave.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
nellie1208 (Offline)
JF Regular

05-09-2011, 11:01 AM

I like Temptation of Wife and My girlfriend is a Gumiho.
I'll waiting for the Hanakimi Korean Version. I love the Japan version of HK. It's great!