JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/22138-tim-burtons-alice-wonderland.html)

AestheteHistory 01-04-2009 10:42 AM

I'm such a huge fan of Tim Burton, Johnny Depp & Alice in Wonderland that I almost had a heart attack when my sister told me that Tim Burton was doing an Alice Project and Johnny was in said project. I am also overjoyed at the fact Helena Bonham Carter (Red Queen), Alan Rickman (Caterpillar YES!) and Timothy Spall (Bloodhound) are in the movie; I am also curious to see how well Anne Hathaway does with the White Queen. Has anyone heard who is going to be the Queen of Hearts and the Duchess or if they are even in fact in the movie?

Aota 01-04-2009 04:57 PM

I hate it when people think that Disney's Alice in Wonderland was the original deal. They changed so much, and even combined the two novels of Alice's journey, both Wonderland, and the Looking Glass.

Mad Hatter wasn't AS crazy as they made him seem in Disney's movie. Or maybe he was, but not the crazy they used.

So if anything, I feel Burton may bring it closer to the original.

Can't wait for Marilyn Manson's take on it either. :'D Phantasmagoria, ya'll.

Altaru 01-04-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aota (Post 658140)
I hate it when people think that Disney's Alice in Wonderland was the original deal. They changed so much, and even combined the two novels of Alice's journey, both Wonderland, and the Looking Glass.

Mad Hatter wasn't AS crazy as they made him seem in Disney's movie. Or maybe he was, but not the crazy they used.

I know that Disney's wasn't the original. I think most people anymore know that just about every Disney movie is based off a story by someone else.

As for the originals, I have most of the original movie memorized anymore, lol.

I don't have the original book, though... I have read most of it...

"What do a raven and a writing desk have in common?"

reihiino 01-04-2009 05:21 PM

Sounds good. I've heard about this version & Marilyn Mansons take on it with that one model...forget her name...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altaru (Post 658145)
"What do a raven and a writing desk have in common?"

Originally it was "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" & there was never really an answer to that riddle. In the "Annotated Alice" the author, Martin Gardner, had this sidenote: Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; & it is never put with the wrong end in front!"

Yea...Alice in Wonderland is my favorite story...:o

JRockaddict 01-04-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

when i was younger the Disney version was my everything (and it still is actually^^') but now that i've read the book i love it even more
<3

Gwen_Goth 01-04-2009 08:12 PM

I hope he goes truer to the original book; it's actually quite dark; I've never been a huge fan of Disney in general;
you do know that in the original Little Mermaid she dies at the end, right? :p

tocrayzay 01-04-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

I'm with you, I heard Tim Burton wants to stick closer to the actual novel. We all know Disney dumbs things down and has cut out many details read in origional fairy tales (i.e. Snow White).
Oh yeah when is Manson coming out with his wasn't it supposed to be this year? Two Alice in Wonderlands so close together....interesting. well i'm stoked

tocrayzay 01-04-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth (Post 658261)
I hope he goes truer to the original book; it's actually quite dark; I've never been a huge fan of Disney in general;
you do know that in the original Little Mermaid she dies at the end, right? :p

yeah talk about depressing...well she becomes and air spirit and hopes for a chance to get into heaven

Altaru 01-04-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reihiino (Post 658151)
Originally it was "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" & there was never really an answer to that riddle. In the "Annotated Alice" the author, Martin Gardner, had this sidenote: Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; & it is never put with the wrong end in front!"

Lol, I knew I had it wrong somewhere along the line. I haven't read it in a while.

GreyGhost 01-05-2009 12:33 AM

XD!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
JOHNNY DEPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man Alice in wonderland is my all time fav movie can't wait to see this!!!!!!!!!!
I love the Cheshire cat!!!