JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-28-2009, 12:54 PM

My doctor prescribed me migraleve which contains paracetamol, codeine phosphate and buclizine hydrochloride. It's actually really good. Migraine is, to be blunt f**king awful. I have to be off school for around 3 days if I get one, they really do wear you out.

Migraine is a billion times worse than a normal headache. It can cause blindness temporarily, it makes you through up, it can make certain areas of the body numb [normally down one side,] and your head feels like it's going to explode xD I get all the crappy symptoms, though it doesn't happen so much nowadays [hopefully!]

I normally get it by strobe lighting or extreme stress, though it can be hard to tell.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xGarnetx (Offline)
Humanless

Send a message via MSN to xGarnetx
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM

I think you shouldn't take the same pills every single day, because it may stop helping your health, at least that is what happens sometimes to my sister: she has migraines, and, after years having the same pill only when she had them, it started to low the good effects. Anyway, I don't have migraines, and my head doesn't hurt very often, so my opinion is kind of worthless here :S

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44467&dateline=1232796035

~ The image of a falling butterfly without wings ~
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-28-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGarnetx View Post
I think you shouldn't take the same pills every single day, because it may stop helping your health, at least that is what happens sometimes to my sister: she has migraines, and, after years having the same pill only when she had them, it started to low the good effects. Anyway, I don't have migraines, and my head doesn't hurt very often, so my opinion is kind of worthless here :S
I think it depends which ones you take, some can be prescribed to prevent migraine if you have it a lot and others are for the onset of symptoms so I suppose it depends..
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
01-28-2009, 11:02 PM

When I get a migrane, I usually can't see good and any light, unless really dull, hurts my eyes and all the voices of classmates are intensified so its like they ar eall talking in my ear at the same time and I'll start shaking really bad. >.<
I hate 'em...out of me, my mom, and my dad, I get them the worse
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Mikachii2202 (Offline)
JF Regular

Talking 01-28-2009, 11:05 PM

i usally take a nap to get ride of it or tylenol. wen i was little i had migranes all the time i had to get checked for cancer but thank god i didnt have it. i read from an artical that if you can get a migrane from posioness gas in your house but then of course after long enough u faint.. and never wake up..

Dont think of yourself as an ugly person.... think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
01-30-2009, 01:49 AM

Thanks for all the replies. But Iwasn't just talking about medication. But also along the lines of home-made remedies.

Like, um... Ah!

For example, holding water in your mouth for ten seconds as a way to stop the hiccups.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
animemaga (Offline)
JF Regular

01-30-2009, 02:46 AM

I've only gotten a migraine once, but it was horrible. I couldn't really see, so it was hard to get to the school nurse. I also couldn't walk properly. Home-made remedies? It's best to lie down in your bed. You won't want to do anything. I have insomnia and I fell right asleep. It makes you feel a whole lot better. When you wake up don't move your head around a whole bunch. Sit down and watch TV or something like that. I hope it helps.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-30-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It`s not. There are some pretty significant differences. Unless you`ve gone to a doctor and been told it`s a migraine, it may not be.

I get headaches, and I also have migraines. A headache just hurts and throbs. But with a migraine, I can`t see properly out of my right eye, my hands shake, and I have the constant urge to vomit.

If I hadn`t gone to the doctor and had them confirm that it was indeed a migraine, I would have been worried it was a brain tumor or something of the like.
i apologise for my ignorance !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-30-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I get headaches, and I also have migraines. A headache just hurts and throbs. But with a migraine, I can`t see properly out of my right eye, my hands shake, and I have the constant urge to vomit.
If what you say is true, then I guess I never had a migraine.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
GregFromScotland (Offline)
I love you.

Send a message via MSN to GregFromScotland Send a message via Skype™ to GregFromScotland
01-31-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
but it seems like a lot of people think that a migraine is just a bad headache.

I know I have migranes, and I've never had the urge to vomit, ever. For me though, when I get a migrane I can't stop cracking my toes, I scrunch my toes up every 15 seconds for about an hour until they make clicking noises. When I was younger they were really bad, I used to flop around like a fish in pain and act possessed.

I don't go completely blind when I get a migrane, but it always feels like someone is shining a light into my eyes. I was meant to be prescribed glasses according to the doctor, but my mother never took me to the opticians.