JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MroChan (Offline)
New to JF

Need Your Opinion .. ~ - 03-30-2009, 08:20 AM

hi everybody

well, i have an assignment about the wars and i need ur help, please.

i want to know what are ur solutions to stop the wars ?

i hope u can help me 'cause i need it very much.

thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

03-30-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MroChan View Post
hi everybody

well, i have an assignment about the wars and i need ur help, please.

i want to know what are ur solutions to stop the wars ?

i hope u can help me 'cause i need it very much.

thanks
Education, capitalism and economic prosperity for all.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-30-2009, 08:29 AM

Democracy, Education, social justice and responsibility and the respect of human rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
Education, capitalism and economic prosperity for all.
Lol... those things are at odds with each other.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Goku (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy 03-30-2009, 11:44 AM

World government run by a dictator with an iron fist and full support of the military/security forces would go a long way toward ending war But good luck making that happen, and if you did, a lot of people would miss the good old days of war anyway

It's pretty hard to pin down the causes of war, or actually even define a state of war. Realists believe that war is a product of the international system i.e. anarchy and the balance of power between sovereign nation states. In fact, most conventional international relations theory assumes that a state of peace exists when the great powers aren't fighting each other (the millions dying elsewhere don't really count and are peripheral to relevant international politics). As such, the period from the end of WWII until now is generally considered to be relatively peaceful.

Liberalism suggests that peace will spread as liberal democracy spreads because of shared ideals and economic interests, and they'll back this up by suggesting that no liberal democracy has ever gone to war against another liberal democracy. History does back this up, but it's a very short history, and doesn't take into account that there was often a major shared threat i.e. nazism or communism that might keep the liberal democracies away from each other's throats. It also doesn't seem to take into account that Liberal democracy is probably as much a cultural thing as anything else and won't be accepted by everyone willingly (Napoleonic wars and current problems with terrorism, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc are cases in point).

"If you want peace, prepare for war" - Vegetius (I think). really, what hope is there?

Sorry for the ramble, got carried away.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ohad (Offline)
JF Regular

03-30-2009, 12:02 PM

Well, my 'ideal' solution is to abolish nationalities and make the importance of religion, ethnicity, race and language as seperating issues to be as low as possible on a scale. Practically, wars cannot be prevented.

Quote:
World government run by a dictator with an iron fist and full support of the military/security forces would go a long way toward ending war
I doubt that. There are always those that will rebel, and rebellions are - in fact, wars.

Last edited by Ohad : 03-30-2009 at 12:07 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Goku (Offline)
New to JF

03-30-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohad View Post
I doubt that. There are always those that will rebels, and rebellions are - in fact, wars.
I guess it's all relative. I don't know if countries are necessarily at war just because they have problems with some of their citzens. Turkey, and Iraq between wars are examples. Saddam kept the lid on tribal rivalries pretty successfully. As did the communists in the Balkans during the Cold war. In fact, a lot of the wars that have occurred since the end of WWII (and there were a lot of them) pretty much happened because the system of government fell apart with the end of European colonialism. The iron fist was hardly ideal, but it was often very effective.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

03-30-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Democracy, Education, social justice and responsibility and the respect of human rights.

Lol... those things are at odds with each other.
Yes yes, but still better than a few filthy rich, majority well to do and a few disadvantaged than EVERYONE being dirt poor.

Put down the now very tired western propaganda message will you. Democracy after education and money thanks. Democracy is the result of economic prosperity, not the other way round, geez. Look at those African countries, Zimbabwe anyone? Fine examples of democracy at work. Has anyone got GDP figures for Iraq? What do you think those conflicts are all about? A majority of them are economic.

Last edited by kirakira : 03-30-2009 at 12:34 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-30-2009, 01:05 PM

LOL awesome troll was awesome. Nice way to start an argument, OP.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

03-30-2009, 01:26 PM

Unfortunately, war cannot be stopped; there is no solution.
If you find a way to live life not disagreeing with anyone, let me know.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-30-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
Yes yes, but still better than a few filthy rich, majority well to do and a few disadvantaged than EVERYONE being dirt poor.

Put down the now very tired western propaganda message will you. Democracy after education and money thanks. Democracy is the result of economic prosperity, not the other way round, geez. Look at those African countries, Zimbabwe anyone? Fine examples of democracy at work. Has anyone got GDP figures for Iraq? What do you think those conflicts are all about? A majority of them are economic.
Ooooh... touched a nerve have I? Why would you become so defensive?

First of all.. I never suggested any logical progression of the things I listed.

Second of all... The question was how would you stop all wars and my answer was Democracy as well as the other things I mentioned.

Third... I never said that economic prosperity was the result of democracy.. but you could hardly make a case for it the other way around. Look at Singapore? Saudi Arabia? Not to mention countries that were poor originally but achieved prosperity after or during Democracy (Japan? Taiwan?, South Korea?) refutes your argument.

Fourth... the idea that a political system is RESPONSIBLE for economic woes is ridiculuous, logically unfounded, and ignores the myriad of reasons as to why a state may become a failed one.