(#53 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-16-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Hate or dislike is often the result of envy, and America has a lot to envy. It's not perfect, but you won't find another place in the world like it. I've traveled for many years, and I've been to many places, but there is no place like America.

Those Americans who seem to complain the most about their country are generally well-off and spoiled. They are unhappy with their lives in one way or another, and looking for something or someone to blame other than themselves for their unhappiness. They live in a country where college graduates expect to enter careers earning high 5 or 6 (or 7) figure incomes, while half of the world lives on less than 2 dollars a day.

The average American household has more than two cars, where most of the world's households can't afford to buy new shoes for their children. Even the poorest American household will have a color television, while most of the world will only see a television through a store window.

These Americans that "hate America" have no idea how lucky they are. In a world of billions, more than than half of who live in poverty, they were born into a rich society (the "poverty" level in American is $15,000 a year, Barrack Obama's Kenyan half-brother lives on $25 a year) where they can say what they please, go where the please, and enjoy opportunities which are far beyond the wildest dreams of the majority of the world's people.

I'm living in Japan now, but that's not because I dislike America. I live in Japan because I like it here, but I will never love it as much as I love America.

For those who want to really know about America, read the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. They are unique documents in the world, the only other that equals them is the Magna Carta. America was founded on the principles of virtue and Right, and the vision those documents created still endures today.

For those Americans who hate America, you should do as I have done, and spend a few years living in the 3rd world. You'll come to appreciate what you have, and see that it's worth loving and defending.
Such true words. Seriously makes me want to join the military. Especially after those Seals ghosted the pirates. Gets my blood pumping. Funny though, the French guys that got caught were like, "Hey, can you help us too?".
(#54 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-16-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
So in order to stop terrorism we side with the largest group of terrorists? And Bush, I believe, was defending Israel and others that couldn't protect themselves, which is what America has done MANY times. But I guess that's lost, maybe America just doesn't care about anything but themselves anymore?
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

04-16-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Yes, I'm a Republican.
I must give you a high five. I also don't agree with what Pres. Obama has done thus far...

This is Yuna's opinion:
There are just too many Wapanese (along with Wanna-Bes of other cultures) and people who don't appreciate freedoms of their countries that flood the internet.

There is never going to be a way to please everybody in one nation and people are stereotyped everywhere. All French people don't shave, Asians are all smart, Mexicans lawn-keep, and Americans are lazy.

For all I know, deal with the stereotypes because they are never going to go away.

Right now I don't like the political actions going on in America either, but I think we should avoid this subject on this forum... I've seen one too many troublesome things happen. :|

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#56 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-16-2009, 06:27 AM

Everytime MMMさん facepalms someone, I laugh out loud.

Seriously, you think I'm kidding. I'm serious.

猿も木から落ちる
(#57 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2009, 06:58 AM

Its a misconception....Americans are spoilt and not lazy.An Amercan wants to buy a cigarette from a mall down the street and he takes his SUV instead of walking, he might be very hardworking in fact.

See being spoilt is seen as laziness in some parts of the world.

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,
(#58 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
Such true words. Seriously makes me want to join the military. Especially after those Seals ghosted the pirates. Gets my blood pumping. Funny though, the French guys that got caught were like, "Hey, can you help us too?".
Yeah that, and America turned its back on them.

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

04-16-2009, 07:03 AM

Everything.

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2009, 07:06 AM

er.. can i just mention here that America is that land that invented BAYWATCH !!!
and the A-TEAM !!

how the hell could you hate a country that did that !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
Closed Thread