Korean BBQ is where it's at.
I like american style! lol

then again i'm not really a fan of bbq

(#42 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

06-08-2009, 06:50 PM

I actually prefer korean food over japanese.
Its much spicier =)
Korean BBQ is amazinng. =)

actually, the younger generation of japanese love the korean. =) the massive success of DBSK and other korean pop bands are increasingly popular in Japan.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Nendoroid (Offline)
|ll|lll|| |llll||ll|

Send a message via MSN to Nendoroid
06-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Every dinner there's always something spicy on the table. :P
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
06-09-2009, 12:45 AM

They say time heals all wounds. Well anyone who has ever suffered a serious injury know that this statement is far from true. However, maybe with time we can become accustomed to the old aches and the pain becomes less intense. Also with any serious injury care and attention must be given or else the wound festers and infects otherwise healthy tissue. So to is the case with Korea and Japan. Time is slowly erasing the old animosities, but the pain and the memories are not quite gone.

Although this is being discussed at as though this is an issue of ancestry, there is still a small percentage of the population that did live though such days. They can never be completely gone as long there are those among us who were their during the bad times. Likewise their children harbor many of the same feelings as their parents. Those who are currently 35 to 50 years old grew up in a time when communications between these two countries was nothing like it is today. Before the age of personal electronic communication the Sea of Japan posed as a serious barrier for the vast majority of the population. All contact between them was either through government to government or though business trade. Hence it was not unusual, that the only thing a Korean might hear about the Japanese was what they were told by their parents. The same would be true of a Japanese child growing up in the same time period.

Thankfully this, animosity is begging to slip away at an increasing rate. For those of us who exist withing the modern framework of communication, it is easier to reach out and speak to the man we have been told is our enemy. We should never forget the past. However we should never hold the sins of past over the children of the present, or of the future!

P.S. Not to offend our Japanese friends, but Korean food does indeed ROCK!

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

Last edited by Odin : 06-09-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Fat Finger Syndrom
(#45 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
I actually prefer korean food over japanese.
Its much spicier =)
Korean BBQ is amazinng. =)

actually, the younger generation of japanese love the korean. =) the massive success of DBSK and other korean pop bands are increasingly popular in Japan.
Yrep, Korean food is YUMMY!!

Picked my partner up todaay from her Cathay pacific flight at Cairns Airport. She had a ball in Korea and hasn't stopped talking about what she had for lunch and dinner night and day :-)

Cheers - Oz
(#46 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

06-09-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Yrep, Korean food is YUMMY!!

Picked my partner up todaay from her Cathay pacific flight at Cairns Airport. She had a ball in Korea and hasn't stopped talking about what she had for lunch and dinner night and day :-)
oh man. GINSENG CHICKEN. GAH. craving.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Nendoroid (Offline)
|ll|lll|| |llll||ll|

Send a message via MSN to Nendoroid
06-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Remember everyone, don't consider Korean BBQ; Korean BBQ until you've eaten it home-made or in an actual legitimate resturaunt. Most Korean BBQ places will serve you decent plates of meat, but you have to get the best of the best to really 'taste' it. And I'm serious, it literally tastes and has a huge difference in texture.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-13-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
oh man. GINSENG CHICKEN. GAH. craving.
I got some Ginseng Chewy, yummy, but that bloody dried Korean squid and fish just does not do it for my taste buds. It tastes like cat food smells!

Cheers - Oz
(#49 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-13-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nendoroid View Post
Remember everyone, don't consider Korean BBQ; Korean BBQ until you've eaten it home-made or in an actual legitimate resturaunt. Most Korean BBQ places will serve you decent plates of meat, but you have to get the best of the best to really 'taste' it. And I'm serious, it literally tastes and has a huge difference in texture.

Indeed.. Very tasty and then we have the sauce.

Cheers - Oz
(#50 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-14-2009, 12:19 AM

With an almost even mix of Japanese-American and Korean-American friends I would say that the animosity has faded considerably ..... unless the actual subject of it is raised. They enjoy each others food and music, but if the conversations drift to any history (not just this century), cultural traditions, or anythign political the tension escalates quickly. And with those who are Korean born among our circle of friends it can be a very serious issue, even in the 20-30 year old age bracket.

When the recent flames resumed over Dokdo, you didn't see the usual group of Japanese-Americans in k-town for a while. And who could blame them - they were openly made unwelcome.

But even the nationalistic rivalry between these two doesn't compare with what I see between the two of them versus the Chinese.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.