JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
NAPS (Offline)
New to JF

05-17-2009, 11:12 PM

iPhantom's Answer: Dont worry, happens to everyone, its just the blood rushing from your head down to your legs, takes a few seconds to pump back to your head is all

kcyk8703's Answer: This also happens to alot of people its just groginess from just waking up, you shouldnt fall asleep in class either lol

Thelastfortnight's Answer: In England you are advised to have an eye test every 2 years unless you have Diabetes, Glaucoma (Or a family history of Diabetes or Glaucoma) or unless you have a high prescription (example you being a -10 Spere in both eyes with a +5 Cyl). Just make sure you have an eye test when you are due or if you feel theres been a change in your presricption. As for laser eye surgery it is very safe as a whole but depending on which country you live in the price for it as well as the safety standards might not be as good as other countries, example being England which is quite expensive but very very safe and has a very high success rate.

Saintkat's Answer: If you have Presbyopia (people dont develop this until the age of 40, its basically means reading glasses), if you have a very high spectacle prescription it may not make a hell of a difference, if you have type 1 Diabetes and thats about it for the mainstream of things that disqualify you from it. Go and have a laser consutation with your own optometrist he/she will be able to tell you more because they have your individual records, everyones eyes are unique you see so he/she will be able to tell you exactly how it will benefit you.

Tainsg's Answer: It depends, are they many floaters? They shouldnt impair your vision in normal amounts but if there is many you may have a serious problem. It sounds like you just need glasses, counting very tiny things through a microscope i imagine you would need to see the best you can

Last edited by NAPS : 05-18-2009 at 12:23 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-17-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPS View Post
iPhantom's Answer: Dont worry, happens to everyone, its just the blood rushing from your head down to your legs, takes a few seconds to pump back to your head is all
Ah well, glad it is no problem.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-17-2009, 11:23 PM

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 04-09-2020 at 12:19 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-17-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
2 years?! Uh oh! I've not been since I was 12 (I'm nearly 22 now).

I know my right eye is stonger than my left, but I can read much smaller print and things that are much further away than anyone I know? Do I still need a check up or is it best not to fix what isn't broken?
Yes, I think it's time..

Cheers - Oz
(#15 (permalink))
Old
NAPS (Offline)
New to JF

05-17-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
2 years?! Uh oh! I've not been since I was 12 (I'm nearly 22 now).

I know my right eye is stonger than my left, but I can read much smaller print and things that are much further away than anyone I know? Do I still need a check up or is it best not to fix what isn't broken?
Seiously... have an eye test, even though you can see there could be other problems which only an eye test can find out, an eye test can even see if youre Diabetic.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
NAPS (Offline)
New to JF

05-18-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
Hey, doc, I heard somewhere that you have to be at a certain age, like twenties or so, before you can submit yourself to the laser surgery, is that true?

Thanks for the answers .
Im sure its 18 but considering that you have to do further training to fully answer consultations on laser eye surgery im not too sure, that and im still training to be an optometrist so calling me doc makes me feel a fake since im still unqualified... bleh i feel so humble
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

05-18-2009, 04:02 AM

Thanks heaps NAPS really appreciate it.

My Grandma has a lazy eye and it's smaller than the other one. Is that common? Also is there anything she can do to correct the lazy thing or is she too old? She's in her 60's.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.