JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

North Korea Nuclear Test pt2 - 05-31-2009, 04:28 PM

Since the other thread got closed, I thought we shall continue the discussion here. But please BE CIVILSED. No naming calling (you know who you are), just discuss the topic at hand.

Anyway I thought I'd chime into the debate, Ive seen a few people who supports military action against N. Korea. While I fully appreciate the good intentions because N. Korea government is pretty nasty, politics is not always black and white.

Well, as I said before, the last thing you want is to back Kim into a corner, in which case he has nothing to lose, and might as well go with a bang. Sure, N. Korea will be able to be "liberated", but at what cost.

I'm sure S. Korea nor Japan would not like to see radio fallout in Tokyo or Seoul, how would S. Korea and N. Korea integrate? Even if N. Korea's tests are all bluff, would you take the chance as a country to liberate ANOTHER country's citizen's life by putting 000,000s of lives of your own citizens at major risk?

In an ideal world, sure we could click on N. Korea and hit the delete button but the consequences in the real world is grave indeed.

IMHO, this is just a stalemate situation.

And to those who support military action, would you still support it if you were sent to ground zero? After all talk is cheap.

Last edited by kirakira : 05-31-2009 at 04:30 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-31-2009, 04:46 PM

I don't think you can push North Korea, Kim Jong il looks as if he's gona kick the bucket any second now and he plans to take the rest of the world with him...so retaliating to his nuclear threats, will only make him more crazy...[I'm not sure he can go crazier...but...>.>]

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-31-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
Anyway I thought I'd chime into the debate, Ive seen a few people who supports military action against N. Korea. While I fully appreciate the good intentions because N. Korea government is pretty nasty, politics is not always black and white.

Well, as I said before, the last thing you want is to back Kim into a corner, in which case he has nothing to lose, and might as well go with a bang. Sure, N. Korea will be able to be "liberated", but at what cost.

And to those who support military action, would you still support it if you were sent to ground zero?
We know how they act. How they respond. And how they take too much pride for supporting military action from that previous thread.

I'm not surprised since it's a no-brainer.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
05-31-2009, 09:27 PM

I don't know what to say about this. I don't like war at all, but North Korea needs to stop with their nuclear test or else they'll hurt everyone.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

05-31-2009, 09:42 PM

lil kim isnt someone who can be provoked. he wants an excuse to use his weapons. which is the reason he has been testing missiles and nuclear weapons all this time. i just cant see why people can leave things be. it always ends up taking innocent lives that had no reason to be taken away

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#6 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
I don't know what to say about this. I don't like war at all, but North Korea needs to stop with their nuclear test or else they'll hurt everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
lil kim isnt someone who can be provoked. he wants an excuse to use his weapons. which is the reason he has been testing missiles and nuclear weapons all this time. i just cant see why people can leave things be. it always ends up taking innocent lives that had no reason to be taken away
North Korea will never do that. It means the end of North Korea. Why would North Korea risk a huge stunt?

There is a good reason why North Korean politics in the 1990s and up to today is a long term master plan to restructure the political structure to be very failproof. A war would be a huge failure against this achievement.

In other news, I'm more afraid that South Korea is going to be a country of dictatorship; how it will be supported by military personnels (more justification to antagonize against North Korea) and industrial personnels (the current regime of South Korea is a brutal business corporate hierarchy).

You have a president who fully admits that he hates his own citizens numerous times. At least Hugo Chavez doesn't say like this.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-31-2009, 09:53 PM

YouTube - 정신이 좀 이상한 사람 같다..

I lol'ed at this guy who said something like "the political party should decide which kind of citizens who are qualified to live in South Korea."

How I see it, he is more dangerous than Kim Jong Il in the long run. I'll play a devil's advocate: Kim Jong Il is smarter and more pragmatic than this guy if you think about it.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

05-31-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
North Korea will never do that. It means the end of North Korea. Why would North Korea risk a huge stunt?

There is a good reason why North Korean politics in the 1990s and up to today is a long term master plan to restructure the political structure to be very failproof. A war would be a huge failure against this achievement.

In other news, I'm more afraid that South Korea is going to be a country of dictatorship; how it will be supported by military personnels (more justification to antagonize against North Korea) and industrial personnels (the current regime of South Korea is a brutal business corporate hierarchy).

You have a president who fully admits that he hates his own citizens numerous times. At least Hugo Chavez doesn't say like this.
why would one student go on a killing spree in his school killing friends and classmates? why would one man kill millions of people and go to war with nearly every nation? some people dont give a reason or even have one for that matter, to do the things they do. north korea already risked a "huge stunt" when they launched a missile so close to the united states a couple of months back. they also risked things by testing fully capable nuclear missiles. which begs the question. why build a nuclear missile in the first place? for show? a nuclear missile has the destructive power to take out an entire city by itself. their is only one reason you would build a bomb and that is to use it. not to hide it away underground

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#9 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-31-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
why would one student go on a killing spree in his school killing friends and classmates? why would one man kill millions of people and go to war with nearly every nation? some people dont give a reason or even have one for that matter, to do the things they do. north korea already risked a "huge stunt" when they launched a missile so close to the united states a couple of months back. they also risked things by testing fully capable nuclear missiles. which begs the question. why build a nuclear missile in the first place? for show? a nuclear missile has the destructive power to take out an entire city by itself. their is only one reason you would build a bomb and that is to use it. not to hide it away underground
Bad analogy. Diplomacy isn't like a middle school drama.

North Korean missile and nuclear program is primarily for domestic political purpose.

North Korea needs political stability and his third son to lead that country in the future. The North Korean missile and nuclear program serve this purpose very well.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-31-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Bad analogy. Diplomacy isn't like a middle school drama.

North Korean missile and nuclear program is primarily for domestic political purpose.

North Korea needs political stability and his third son to lead that country in the future. The North Korean missile and nuclear program serve this purpose very well.
Sure, it might help signify power domestically. But once they actually hit a country with one it will be over. I doubt China would even step in for them anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Japan pushing to get Article 9 revised in light of current missile testing by North Korea? I thought I had read it somewhere but can't remember...
Closed Thread