JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Semira (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese Intracultural Communication Style - 06-01-2009, 05:04 AM

Hello, I need to do my intercultural communication homework about Japanese Intracultural Communication Style. Unfortunately, I don't know any Japanese friend to ask the questions below. If you are Japanese, could you answer to my questions? I would appreciate your help. Please, write your age and occupation with your answers.
Big thanks to you!

The Questions:
1) Are you direct and open in your personal relationships such as girlfriend-boyfriend or wife-husband relationships? Which feelings do you show to your partner, tatemae or honne?(Honne means your true feelings while tatemae is the face you present to the world.)

2) How are women seen in your culture? Do they have the same rights with men at work, at school and at home life? Is it possible to get a high status work position as a woman? Is there any job that is considered gender-based?

3) What kind of relationship do you have with your elders? Can you make the important decisions about your life without consulting them? Are they involved your personal or family life?

4) Is it considered acceptable if a stranger starts a conversation with you? Does it make any difference if the stranger is woman or man?

5) What kind of marriage life is acceptable in your society? What are the roles of wife and husband? How the housework is shared by them?

6) Is it acceptable to get married to a relative? How?