JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
06-17-2009, 01:55 AM

If I felt like parting with it, I may actually think of mailing it to you. Or maybe even a brand spanking new copy as a birthday "thank you" present for the advice about mine and my girlfriend's trip to the Rising Sun.

It's a very enriching book.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-17-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
If I felt like parting with it, I may actually think of mailing it to you. Or maybe even a brand spanking new copy as a birthday "thank you" present for the advice about mine and my girlfriend's trip to the Rising Sun.

It's a very enriching book.
That's a very nice thought, but don't feel obligated. Thank you!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
06-17-2009, 01:58 AM

No obligation. :] It's a very great book, and I love reading. So if you're interested, I wouldn't mind splurging a measly $15 USD for ya.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-17-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
No obligation. :] It's a very great book, and I love reading. So if you're interested, I wouldn't mind splurging a measly $15 USD for ya.
That is very kind of you, the gesture is very much appreciated, but I couldn't imagine me letting you do that.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

06-17-2009, 02:12 AM

Oh well. :P

I've seen documentaries that actually follow around a yakuza newbie, and their day-to-day lives. Along with interviews with age-old yakuza members. Pretty great stuff.

(#66 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
06-17-2009, 02:17 AM

I think I know what documentary you're talking about. I have yet to see it, though.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

06-17-2009, 02:21 AM

It was very educating if you want to learn about a yakuza's day-to-day lifestyle.

And, I hate to throw out educated guesses, but I'm pretty sure that most yakuza are different when it comes to money spending habits, respect, and honor.

(#68 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

06-17-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
It was very educating if you want to learn about a yakuza's day-to-day lifestyle.

And, I hate to throw out educated guesses, but I'm pretty sure that most yakuza are different when it comes to money spending habits, respect, and honor.
I believe you're right about that. Not all Yakuzas have the same ideals.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-17-2009, 03:14 AM

Not all Yakuza members are Japanese.

Hisayuki Machii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interestingly enough.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

06-17-2009, 04:40 PM

That's cool. I guess anyone in Asia, not just the Japanese, can become a member of the Yakuza.