(#81 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-25-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
i dont think vampire extist, but it is always a possibility, but if they were real, wouldnt we have some kind of proof by now?
vampires are a myth to me. but then people believe what they want to, be it in jesus, ghosts, luck, or life on other planets.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-25-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
you do know vampires are based on a real, existing disease right? i forgot the name but the people who have it cant stay in the sunlight and have a thing for blood. back in the day, the few people who had this disease would dig up graves just to naw on the bodies and stuff. vampires are real, just in a more realistic form. no sliver and no crosses. just a bad case of a bad disease
The whole vampire mythos was based on count Vlad. Now that he ruled Constantine and prevented most of the Arabs from invading Europe. BUT in doing so showed such brutality to earn the nickname Dracula (which is based on part of his name).

The whole nowadays vampire is based on Bram Stoker "Dracula". Now back to past (before the book was written) vampires where not known by that name but by strigoi. The point to to make here though was that they where commonly known to be "witches". capitalize

Porphyrias, is interesting BUT people here are forgetting an very important factor when you drink blood. DIGESTION. It is the same as someone who is an vegetarian, thus they must balance there diet more carefully to get all the vitamins they need. So logically it matters little if you drink blood to get a specific vitamin, emino acid, and whatnots when you could go after something else that has what you need.

Porphyria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read it.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Last edited by solemnclockwork : 06-25-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: forgot to capitalize
(#83 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-25-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

However, there are multiple people who live the life of one, mistaking their diseases as a lifestyle.
REALLY! What diseases are you talking about exactly?

Cheers - Oz
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
REALLY! What diseases are you talking about exactly?
Read the thread.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-25-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
The whole vampire mythos was based on count Vlad. Now that he ruled Constantine and prevented most of the Arabs from invading Europe. BUT in doing so showed such brutality to earn the nickname Dracula (which is based on part of his name).

The whole nowadays vampire is based on Bram Stoker "Dracula". Now back to past (before the book was written) vampires where not known by that name but by strigoi. The point to to make here though was that they where commonly known to be "witches". capitalize

So logically it matters little if you drink blood to get a specific vitamin, emino acid, and whatnots when you could go after something else that has what you need.
read it.
Quite right; it's impossible for anyone to survive on blood alone. Even in the Masai, infamous for a diet of cow's milk and blood, they still eat various other things such as meal grains and vegetables. I doubt highly there is anything that causes an actual need for a person to consume blood to survive, and porphyria sufferers usually don't crave blood either- It's simply that uninformed people came across sufferers and used that idea as an explanation for the discolouration. I suspect that any instance of a person drinking blood other than for cultural reasons is bought on by mental delusions which tell them they are craving blood, when in actuality it's a figment of the mind alone. Ironically, it could well be these myths that drive mentally vulnerable people to acting out behaviors associated with them.

Vlad the impaler! Interesting guy, but there's signs that vampire myths go back even older, though as you say, probably without that name. I think there were various neolithic bog mummies and so on dug up with signs of ritual practices on the corpses, assumedly designed to stop the creature coming back from the dead. There's even been a skeleton of a woman found in Italy a couple of months back, really old, with a brick jammed in it's mouth- an old practice to stop the deceased becoming a vampire. Old Bram Sto' took that and sexed it up; and it's been going on since then.

Basically these myths are the product of some biological oddities combined with some pretty basic social psychology.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-26-2009, 12:13 AM

Besides, how well has any secret been kept? The more people know, the less secret it is.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
06-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Besides, how well has any secret been kept? The more people know, the less secret it is.
That's true.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Inuka23 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-30-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoana View Post

vampires dont sparle in the sun they burn in the sun
its another sure way to kill them

i do belive in vampires
im currently obessed with finding out the truth about them i cant help it i enjoy it im on look out for a vampire coven so that i can find a host ^_^
im with the creator of the thred 100%
YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

dont blame me 4bein shy an holdn my pillow. that wat happens when u get mafe funna everyday.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
06-30-2009, 08:19 PM

vampires are real
(#90 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-01-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
vampires are real
How are you so sure of this? You can't just come out of the blue with that response without some sort of proof. Do you have proof??
Closed Thread