LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Cypsis (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Cypsis
Question to Modes - 06-24-2009, 09:31 PM

I have a question to our precious modes
Is it possible to block all accounts, which are nonactive for like 6 months, ´cause I looked the member list and many persons, who have an account, have visited that only once and I bet they all have already forgotten that they even have an account here.
It´s just kind of annoying...

A Girl with a dream
(#2 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2009, 10:10 PM

I agree with lastfornight, although mods here are not as effective it wouldnt be right to block anyones account just because they dont post regularly.

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,

Last edited by rison : 06-24-2009 at 10:23 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

06-24-2009, 10:12 PM

To look at it another way: I find it very amusing when people necropost threads started by "members" who (in one recently necro'ed thread) were members for only one day...or maybe just long enough to post then log off.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
To look at it another way: I find it very amusing when people necropost threads started by "members" who (in one recently necro'ed thread) were members for only one day...or maybe just long enough to post then log off.
Altough i dont really understand the OP's objective but she stated her opinion based on perhaps what she noticed, dont browbeat her.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
Yeah, that's right, but as long the thread is interesting for the other members it doesn't matter if the OP will never comes online anymore.

What really sucks is to see a member who is a mod and he comes just to change his avatar and sig, WTF did he get the position?

The funny thing about this thread is that it is a question for the "modes", but until now no mod replied, haha.
Bet none is seeing this.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-24-2009, 11:41 PM

You will find that many members actually browse the forum often, and only post when something interests them. Remember that you do not have to be logged in to browse.

Non members would also read often, and occassionally take the drive to actually register.

Let's not forget that this is a public forum.

Cheers - Oz
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM

There is no reason to punish a member who has done nothing wrong. Making an account and not posting is far better than making an account and spamming. Someday a member may return and make a valuable post - why remove that opportunity when they have broken no rules?

I agree that it wouldn`t be a bad idea to perhaps delete some of the oldest accounts that have had no activity for 1+ years, but on the other hand there is no real reason to do so.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-24-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post

I agree that it wouldn`t be a bad idea to perhaps delete some of the oldest accounts that have had no activity for 1+ years, but on the other hand there is no real reason to do so.
So it's a bit of a 50/50.

Like I said, many will come back without logging in over the year to actually read, but not post.

Cheers - Oz
(#9 (permalink))
Old
kcyk8703 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-25-2009, 04:46 AM

I'd like to know why it's annoying?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Cypsis (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Cypsis
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM

oke!!! I try to answer your questions:
For TheLastFortnight: Sorry I don´t know how to change it (Threads name)
For Everyone!!:
In my opinion accounts which doesn´t have any post or thread posted here are pretty useless. and from my experience, most of them won´t come back and when they do, they´ll make a new account, because they have forgotten their old one.
I understand that it´s wrong to block their accounts when they haven´t done anything wrong, but when they last visited JF in year 2007 and only once when they did their account and didn´t even post anything, it looks like they don´t wanna have that account! I know that I don´t want to visit a account, which I once made for one thing and I actually wait that my account would be blocked.
If I watch how many members JF has, it´s like O.O but when I watch how many of them are active members, it´s like -.- just that member list should show the REAL members, not the ones who have visited JF for once and now don´t care about their account.

I really didn´t want to pick up a fight and I don´t want somebody to hate me.
I just wanted to know because if my curiosity

So sorry to everyone here, who got a little bit upset by this thread and for everything, what seemed inappropriate.

A Girl with a dream