JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

07-03-2009, 10:35 PM

I've heard from various sources that the crew of the Sea Shepherd barely even know how to pilot their own vessel, and they not only put the lives of fishermen in danger, but their own lives as well, due to inexperience.

Whether you're for or against whaling, the Sea Shepherd and their nutso captain are not the type of people you should be supporting. There are other ways of making your point that don't involve attacking fishermen who are trying to put food on their families' tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruYamazaki View Post
STOP WAILING
Yes, please stop wailing.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-03-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
They don't think of it like that. It is a case of gaining publicity and drawing attention and support to the slaughtering of innocent sea creatures.
By endangering human lives? Yet another reason why I find them idiots for doing so. There are so many other ways to gain publicity.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Atakicat (Offline)
JF Nomad

Send a message via AIM to Atakicat
07-04-2009, 02:09 AM

That's all they're really trying to do..Gain publicity.. I seriously doubt they even care about the whales as much as they say, I've seen plenty of these self-proclaimed "Heroes"..Their main goal in life is to make sure everyone knows that they have a "Mission". The fact that they sought out a show, reinforces this. And I bet they can't wait for one of the fishermen to retaliate, so they can claim their coveted "Martyr" status.

Last edited by Atakicat : 07-04-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: spelling
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-04-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

By endangering human lives? Yet another reason why I find them idiots for doing so. There are so many other ways to gain publicity.
Obviously, if that's what it takes to get the publicity. It's working for you

Cheers - Oz
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-04-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Obviously, if that's what it takes to get the publicity. It's working for you
Har-har-har.

If I read that correctly, then my answer to your insult would be that you're following in my footsteps.

But if what you said wasn't a subtle dig at me, then they're obviously just people who want attention, and do not care about the marine life.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Har-har-har.

If I read that correctly, then my answer to your insult would be that you're following in my footsteps.

But if what you said wasn't a subtle dig at me, then they're obviously just people who want attention, and do not care about the marine life.
No.. I agree with them, you just disagree with me and them.

I will repeat.. They do it for publicity, It works as it is definitely having a working effect on you..

That's not having a dig..

Cheers - Oz
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-04-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Har-har-har.

On another note, their ship sometimes dock's here and it is well supported..

I urge you to stay away

Cheers - Oz
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-04-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
No.. I agree with them, you just disagree with me and them.

I will repeat.. They do it for publicity, It works as it is definitely having a working effect on you..

That's not having a dig..
Ah, I read it incorrectly. I thought it was a personal dig, I read it as "You act like an idiot, and thus people know about you", but I apologise for mis-reading.

And don't get me wrong, although I am not hardcore like many people, killing these whales when they are endangered, is wrong. But when you go to the lengths where you start endangering human lives in the process, is where the line should be drawn.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 07-04-2009, 03:59 PM

Whale meat and Japan 'Scientific' Research Fleet, Industry
excerpt on health benefits of consuming whale meat in the 21st century

‘The concentrations of pollutants in whales and dolphins is not only sufficient to demand an immediately end to their consumption by humans and thus their killing in the first place, it is also an indication of the ever increasing pollution of the oceans. It is a tragic irony that the arguement that we not kill dolphins and whales includes the fact that we have contaminated the seas to such an extent that these creatures are dangerous to eat. ‘

“Studies leading to these conclusions have been conducted both by international teams of scientists and by Japanese scientists. A leading scientist at the Health Sciences University of Hokkaido believes the concentrations of pollutants delivered in dolphin meat can “be enough to cause acute mercury poisoning” and that the products should be taken off the shelves immediately”.
These findings were reported to the most recent meeting of the International Whaling Commission . The report stated “(Japanese) consumers are unwittingly consuming highly contaminated and potentially dangerous cetacean (whale and dolphin) products.”

In some cases the levels of mercury are 1,600 times the allowed quantities in meat for human consumption. The consumption of mercury in the quantities that exist in whale and dolphin meat can impair immune response and cause neurological damage leading to loss of coordination, vision, hearing and can produce mental retardation, especially in the young.”

Dr. Endo, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Japan.

FYI- dolphin populations figure in there too (tuna) and the pollution in the baleen whales . Its like the same warning heard about for fish but the difference is in these it apparently builds up so its like a whopping dose of it in whale meat. wow, 1,600 times the health limit! that can’t be good. The bulk of Japans whale meat is used in government subsidized school lunch programs.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-05-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:

Ah, I read it incorrectly. I thought it was a personal dig, I read it as "You act like an idiot, and thus people know about you", but I apologise for mis-reading.

And don't get me wrong, although I am not hardcore like many people, killing these whales when they are endangered, is wrong. But when you go to the lengths where you start endangering human lives in the process, is where the line should be drawn.

I think you are referring to the whalers shooting harpoons whilst small boats are nearby, and the use of deafning sound devices?

Cheers - Oz