JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
baghead92 (Offline)
New to JF

Help Free Eric! - 07-09-2009, 01:12 AM

So, I was watching a video from my favorite youtuber, and he talked about this kid named Eric who is black and was a rising star in soccer, and was even asked to join the MLS. But recently, he was convicted of raping and assaulting a girl, whose blood alcohol level was nearly fatal. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers, 12 white guys and a white judge. Also, none of the evidence was actually good enough to convict him, the teeth marks on the victim's body didn't match up with Eric's, no seamen was found on the victim, and nothing was found on Eric, yet he is still guilty.
I just wanted to get this story out, because Eric isn't from America; no money, so media attention for this is very limited, all except for this ESPN article;
Spread the word about the story, and maybe all this can change, because last time I checked, we are all innocent until proven guilty
Thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghead92 View Post
So, I was watching a video from my favorite youtuber, and he talked about this kid named Eric who is black and was a rising star in soccer, and was even asked to join the MLS. But recently, he was convicted of raping and assaulting a girl, whose blood alcohol level was nearly fatal. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers, 12 white guys and a white judge. Also, none of the evidence was actually good enough to convict him, the teeth marks on the victim's body didn't match up with Eric's, no seamen was found on the victim, and nothing was found on Eric, yet he is still guilty.
I just wanted to get this story out, because Eric isn't from America; no money, so media attention for this is very limited, all except for this ESPN article;
Spread the word about the story, and maybe all this can change, because last time I checked, we are all innocent until proven guiltyThanks!
According to US law, that is proven guilty right or not.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
According to US law, that is proven guilty right or not.
Yeah. Unfortunately, that's something that made sure many men and women were executed and lynched because they weren't white.

I haven't heard of this story before, baghead92, but I'll make sure to read up on it.

LOVE: pass it on
(#4 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
07-09-2009, 02:46 AM

*sigh*....Why is it that, when white people are supposedly racist against blacks it's extremely wrong and it needs to change? But when it's the other way around.....it's not?....Sometimes it feels like we aren't striving for equality, we're just trying to flip things around....if that makes sense
(#5 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
Yeah. Unfortunately, that's something that made sure many men and women were executed and lynched because they weren't white.

I haven't heard of this story before, baghead92, but I'll make sure to read up on it.
Here we go again..........

(#6 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
*sigh*....Why is it that, when white people are supposedly racist against blacks it's extremely wrong and it needs to change? But when it's the other way around.....it's not?....Sometimes it feels like we aren't striving for equality, we're just trying to flip things around....if that makes sense
First, can you give an example of black racism against whites that is ignored, and that people don't care about? Because where I live, that's the main situation. Blacks are racist against whites, and white people here are fighting for their rights. The idea that we're just trying to flip things around doesn't make sense to me because of that.

It's extremely wrong when white people are "supposedly" racist against blacks, and absolutely needs to change, because it's wrong to degrade any human being because of the color of their skin.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Here we go again..........
I wasn't arguing with you. Seriously, I wasn't. I agree with you. That's the American justice system. Eric, according to the jury, is guilty. It's just that the American justice system has often been used as a tool to oppress groups of people. So it's a possibility the American justice system is also being unfair towards Eric.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
07-09-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
First, can you give an example of black racism against whites that is ignored, and that people don't care about? Because where I live, that's the main situation. Blacks are racist against whites, and white people here are fighting for their rights. The idea that we're just trying to flip things around doesn't make sense to me because of that.

It's extremely wrong when white people are "supposedly" racist against blacks, and absolutely needs to change, because it's wrong to degrade any human being because of the color of their skin.
It happens every day around here. The black people around here apparently think they're a lot better then white people (or maybe they're like that with everyone) just because of their skin color....one day in school, I had to go a different route to a class (I forgot a book) and this one hallway was full of black people, with a few whites and hispanics here and there, but the majority of the hallway were black...and this one guy started acting like he was going to jump me because I "stole his cell phone"...and a few guys joined in and started doing the same, telling me to give him his cell phone back and such...and every one around me was just kind of looking at me, not doing anything.....it wasn't until the bell ring and they just walked off that I realized they weren't serious....scared the hell out of me, thought I was going to end up in a hospital O_O.....now I know, this isn't me going to jail because I was proven guilty by 12 black guys and a black judge, but I think it shows that a lot of people don't really care about equality, they just want to be on the better end, ya know?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
I wasn't arguing with you. Seriously, I wasn't. I agree with you. That's the American justice system. Eric, according to the jury, is guilty. It's just that the American justice system has often been used as a tool to oppress groups of people. So it's a possibility the American justice system is also being unfair towards Eric.
I didn't say you were arguing. But many whites, hispanics, asians, etc. have all been found guilty by juries of all races. It's just this guys tough luck. If he is truly innocent, an appeal will show this. I once was on a jury(different races) that convicted a white guy and a black guy for armed robbery. No one mentioned color and I just listened to the evidence and we found them guilty. They got 10 years no parole. Later we found out that they just got paroled for the same crime. We made the right decision.
If this guy is innocent, I'm sure he'll get out.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
It happens every day around here. The black people around here apparently think they're a lot better then white people (or maybe they're like that with everyone) just because of their skin color....one day in school, I had to go a different route to a class (I forgot a book) and this one hallway was full of black people, with a few whites and hispanics here and there, but the majority of the hallway were black...and this one guy started acting like he was going to jump me because I "stole his cell phone"...and a few guys joined in and started doing the same, telling me to give him his cell phone back and such...and every one around me was just kind of looking at me, not doing anything.....it wasn't until the bell ring and they just walked off that I realized they weren't serious....scared the hell out of me, thought I was going to end up in a hospital O_O.....now I know, this isn't me going to jail because I was proven guilty by 12 black guys and a black judge, but I think it shows that a lot of people don't really care about equality, they just want to be on the better end, ya know?
Er. Okay. I don't want this to get personal, I don't want to talk about your everyday life and views - but even this example seems to be slightly prejudiced against the black race. You just said that it turns out that they were joking. So why, I ask, did you immediately think that they were going "jump" you? Why were you so scared? Why did you think that this particular group of students would send you to the hospital? Why do you think that these students thought that they were better than you?