JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

Worlds most expensive citys - 07-10-2009, 08:20 PM

heres a qoute from an article i read on yahoo. ill have the link as well

"The main constant in these rankings, since Mercer's first set was released in 1994, is Tokyo's place at or close to the top. Osaka has only fallen outside the top 10, once, when it slipped to the No. 11 spot last year. While the value of the yen is strong against the dollar, Japan--and Tokyo in particular--has always featured prominently due to the high cost of international goods, says Mercer senior researcher Nathalie Constantin-Metral. One can count on Japan being expensive in good times and bad alike for the yen."

World's Top Five Most Expensive Cities To Live

1. Tokyo, Japan

2. Osaka, Japan

3. Moscow, Russia

4. Geneva, Switzerland

5. Hong Kong

World's Most Expensive Cities To Live - Yahoo! Real Estate

i think when people were talking about the high prices of DVD's and such in japan, its probably normal for the japanese.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#2 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-10-2009, 08:24 PM

These are never accurate...

How would they factor exchange rates, wages, etc?

Does this study show the city with the lowest wages and the highest living expenses, or just the expenses in general?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
07-10-2009, 08:30 PM

Are you gonna tell us every story that is new on the yahoo web site? Just asking since one story a day i see there ends up here.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#4 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-10-2009, 08:36 PM

According to the latest statistics by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, the average monthly total cash earnings per regular employee was
285,465 yen. ($3000)

More recently, The White House reports information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which states that in that same month, the average wage for American workers in the private sector was around $520 a week, or
189,545 yen ($2050) a month
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

07-11-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Are you gonna tell us every story that is new on the yahoo web site? Just asking since one story a day i see there ends up here.
wow....this is the first time i ever posted something like this and i get attacked for it. sorry, didnt know i was being rude to everyone else

(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-11-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
wow....this is the first time i ever posted something like this and i get attacked for it. sorry, didnt know i was being rude to everyone else
I posted something a day or two ago that had to do with Japan that happened to be on the Yahoo front page for a couple hours. Don't worry about it. Don't be overly sensitive.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

07-11-2009, 07:02 AM

I hear that this is misleading, and that the cost of living in Moscow is much worse than it appears. In fact, there was recently a CNN report on this. Despite Russia's embrace of capitalism, some items still can't be found without going to the black market, and this is difficult to track and include in the above statistics. From reports I have read, foreigners who live in Moscow discover this rather quickly.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

07-11-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I posted something a day or two ago that had to do with Japan that happened to be on the Yahoo front page for a couple hours. Don't worry about it. Don't be overly sensitive.
not being sensitive, i just thought people might want to read it. guess not though

(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-11-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
not being sensitive, i just thought people might want to read it. guess not though
Any Japan related quote, link or news is worth posting
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-11-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
As MMM said..its fine, I've done it few time too haha.

As for Osaka being the 2nd most expensive..that sucks, just last night I was like "Osaka looks beautiful..I'd love to live there." Now I'm going to have to work harder for it? Aww man! *cries*

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you