JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

What would you sell your soul for? - 07-30-2009, 02:56 PM

Let's try make this MORE than some sort of game. I don't want it to be locked.

I'm seriously interested in this. I have no doubt if we had the choice to sell our souls for anything, no one would put that deal down.

I want to know for what you would sell it for. Try go into detail. For example, if you say immortality, what would you do? Where would you go? What'd be your aim? So on, so on.

For me, I'd sell it for immortality. The power to avoid death in all it's forms. What I would do then, with that power, would aim to become the Chronicler of the World.

History intrigues me. and if I had the choice, I would stay for ever, and see the truth, but never taking part in the history. Simply recording it all down for years to come.

Never subject to bias information. Just the plain truth.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
07-30-2009, 02:58 PM

If i had/have a soul lol i would trade it for "power limited only by my imagination"

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-30-2009, 03:15 PM

A quick question before I answer you Tai. What would you lose by "selling your soul" Obviously your soul, but what good does that do us?

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-30-2009, 03:22 PM

Ah, my bad i didn't set that did I? I'm going by the definition that our soul is our emotions (personality). So, when we lose our soul, we lose the main emotions.

So no more anger, sadness, love. So on, so on. You can ofcourse feel pain still. And you still have all bodily functions. And the mind to think. Just no emotions.

Note: However, when it comes to something like you enjoying something you're eating, then i'm not too sure. That counts as happiness, but does it?

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-30-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
Ah, my bad i didn't set that did I? I'm going by the definition that our soul is our emotions (personality). So, when we lose our soul, we lose the main emotions.

So no more anger, sadness, love. So on, so on. You can ofcourse feel pain still. And you still have all bodily functions. And the mind to think. Just no emotions.

Note: However, when it comes to something like you enjoying something you're eating, then i'm not too sure. That counts as happiness, but does it?
So by selling my soul, I lose all main emotions?
I'm not sure I would then. I like being able to love, feel happy and even be sad, laughing is like the best thing ever, without happyness...my life would really have no purpose but then again, if I lose the feeling of sadness it wouldn't really matter. I would essencially(sp?) be dead inside.
And considering that emotions bear into your thoughts quite a bit. I wouldn't think the same way I do now.

So I'm going to go ahead and say, I wouldn't sell my soul.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-30-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
So by selling my soul, I lose all main emotions?
I'm not sure I would then. I like being able to love, feel happy and even be sad, laughing is like the best thing ever, without happyness...my life would really have no purpose but then again, if I lose the feeling of sadness it wouldn't really matter. I would essencially(sp?) be dead inside.
And considering that emotions bear into your thoughts quite a bit. I wouldn't think the same way I do now.

So I'm going to go ahead and say, I wouldn't sell my soul.
Surely if you could have ANYTHING, absolutely ANYTHING, you still wouldn't? Forgive me if I do not believe that people will, because the greed of the human race is something e can push away this easily when confronted with such a deal.

That is my belief ofcourse.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

07-30-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:

Surely if you could have ANYTHING, absolutely ANYTHING, you still wouldn't? Forgive me if I do not believe that people will, because the greed of the human race is something e can push away this easily when confronted with such a deal.

That is my belief ofcourse.
Seriously.
I've been in some pretty crappy situations in my life, and even if I had to have those situations happening at all times, I would still keep my "soul". Even if it was that day I went to the hospital, almost dying from Alcahol, I would live that day, over and over again. Just so I could keep my soul.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Seriously.
I've been in some pretty crappy situations in my life, and even if I had to have those situations happening at all times, I would still keep my "soul". Even if it was that day I went to the hospital, almost dying from Alcahol, I would live that day, over and over again. Just so I could keep my soul.
Then you are a better than me, and many of the human race.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

07-30-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Then you are a better than me, and many of the human race.
Eh, people dont realize it though. Haha
This is a rather one sided convo though. I wish we could get some more people into this topic. It is a damn good one.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-30-2009, 04:25 PM

I think if it really came down to I would only sell my soul to save another. If I needed to sell to save my friends and families life then i probably would, I find them much more important than my own, consider I have ruined and tainted so, I think I would sell it for the benefit of someone else as long as I was sure they would appericate my action.