JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Pics Your Life 3.0 (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/26900-pics-your-life-3-0-a.html)

SaintKat 02-14-2010 07:50 AM

Been awhile since I posted here, surprised to see this thread is still alive and well. Here's some of my own from Christmas/New Year's holiday.

My better half, aka The Man (TM). Celebrated our 7 year marker earlier this month
:rheart:

View from the deck at his parent's home

As you can see the beach is just across the road. Awesome for fishing, collecting shellfish and catching crayfish (rock lobster). Definitely don't advise swimming, currents are too strong to be safe

TM gathering up some paua (abalone) to make fritters with

His mum (aka Ma) and her dog Poppy looking on as TM does the hunter/gatherer thing

The haul from a day TM spent fishing with the next door neighbour

SaintKat 02-14-2010 08:06 AM

cont...

Poppy gives our catch a once over before voicing her approval

About half the fish we caught during the holidays ended up in the smoker. I think TM rubbed the cuts with brown sugar (and maybe a little rock salt). Tasted great after being smoked over Manuka wood chips

TM gave all the fish heads to the neighbour for his craypots, who in turn would regularly share his crayfish catch with us. It was awesome

While we were there, Ma convinced me to join her in the local women's fishing competition. She'd never caught one before and I hadn't been fishing since I was 7 but I figured what the hell, why not. This is a shot of TM teaching Ma how to cast at 7 in the morning

This was the second of the four fish I eventually caught and the biggest for the land based section (where I was entered). This kahawai eventually weighed in at 3.04kg. Landing it was crazy and I seriously thought it was going to rip my shoulder out. Definitely got the fishing bug now!

In non-seafood news, Ma was kind enough to help me fine tune my baking skills. This is the bacon and egg pie I made for TM's dad's lunch

Slicing up ginger and almond biscotti before they go back in the oven. They are so good and easy to make too

SaintKat 02-14-2010 08:18 AM

cont...

On the drive back home TM, Ma and I stopped off at this roadside barn selling fresh fruit and veges. I wanted to do the pick your own strawberries thing but we didn't have time on this trip. Next time for sure

The owner was a really friendly, easygoing Scotsman who moved here with his Kiwi wife some years back. I was interested in his home made fruit wines even though I rarely drink. Would make great birthday/Christmas presents for some of my friends

All of the produce was beautifully fresh and cheap too. I ended up buying a whole lot of stuff that goes for criminal prices where I live: Watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes, etc (I live in a building with no light/space to grow anything).

Last month TM & I celebrated my 28th birthday and he made me a nice dinner. Ciabatta bought from the local bakery, corn on the cob, creamy homemade pasta and one of the crayfish that we brought home with us. Simple but good

I recently baked some of Ma's ginger and almond biscotti at home. A friend's 21st is coming up later this month, so I'm thinking of baking him gingerbread cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting. Hope it turns out ok

SaintKat 02-16-2010 08:35 AM

Aww, I think she looks cute in the photo
:rheart:

Webfehler 02-24-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshAussie (Post 800401)
My sisters new puppy Esmerelda.. She's a pure British Bulldog. She has giant paws and is very ugly (:

what?!?! noooo... they're the cuties puppies ever =(^_^)= we used to have English Bulldogs, too and they're one of the family friendliest dogs you can get. look at it, awwwwwwwwwww :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart:

JackIsLost 03-19-2010 09:53 AM

.223/5.56 AR-15 put together myself :) purchased new parts so it will change soon

JapanVR4 03-23-2010 04:46 AM

My first and current car. This car is what ultimately started my interest in Japan back when I was a kid.

Klint 03-23-2010 05:55 PM

Desktop.

Scooter, now that it's not buried in snow.:)

einsteinium 03-25-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutschland (Post 759701)
currently, my life looks like this

soon riding to somalia :0

are you also a military fanatic?

einsteinium 03-25-2010 03:00 AM

it is the ultimate gun ever!

http://www.strange-mecha.com/german/...ora-gustav.jpg