JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Pics Your Life 3.0 (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/26900-pics-your-life-3-0-a.html)

noodle 08-21-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 763488)
I started off climbing indoors in a rock climbing gym but eventually moved outdoors. I was living in Toronto at the time and had to drive 2hrs to climb a short rock wall maybe 40m high.

I eventually moved to my current town where we have rock walls 400m high just 15 min away. An incredible town where everyone is incredibly fit, knows how to rock climb and enjoys the outdoors. A small town where there's no movie theater, Walmart, Home Depot but miles and miles of running and riding trails. A place where it's not uncommon to bump into a black bear, deer, moose, cougar, etc. during your early morning run.

I'll post pictures of my town when I get a chance. :ywave:

What a lovely description... what's the name of this town?

darksyndrem 08-21-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 763488)
I started off climbing indoors in a rock climbing gym but eventually moved outdoors. I was living in Toronto at the time and had to drive 2hrs to climb a short rock wall maybe 40m high.

I eventually moved to my current town where we have rock walls 400m high just 15 min away. An incredible town where everyone is incredibly fit, knows how to rock climb and enjoys the outdoors. A small town where there's no movie theater, Walmart, Home Depot but miles and miles of running and riding trails. A place where it's not uncommon to bump into a black bear, deer, moose, cougar, etc. during your early morning run.

I'll post pictures of my town when I get a chance. :ywave:

That's the place to be!!! I need to move there >_<

Yuusuke 08-21-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pexster (Post 763468)
My Cat Calcifer. He's the Devil.

Attachment 10329

he's too cute to be the devil ^ ^

Pexster 08-21-2009 04:50 PM

That is what they all say.

When he's sleeping, he's an average Cat. When he wakes...

(I'll just leave it there) ;)

spicytuna 08-22-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 763490)
What a lovely description... what's the name of this town?

My town is called Canmore. It's home to the national Olympic cross country ski team.

Interestingly enough, despite the population of "only" 10,000, there are quite a few Japanese living in town because of the many tourists who visit.

Here's a pic of my town followed by some pics of my "neighborhood". All within an hours drive of my place.

Let me know if any of you guys are in my part of the woods. I'll treat you to a elk & buffalo burger. Yummy!

darksyndrem 08-22-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 763610)
My town is called Canmore. It's home to the national Olympic cross country ski team.

Interestingly enough, despite the population of "only" 10,000, there are quite a few Japanese living in town because of the many tourists who visit.

Here's a pic of my town followed by some pics of my "neighborhood". All within an hours drive of my place.

Let me know if any of you guys are in my part of the woods. I'll treat you to a elk & buffalo burger. Yummy!

...................................................................oh....my .....god.
That. is. absolutely. gorgeous.
You are one lucky person to live in such a place. I live in the mountains...Blue Ridge....doesn't look anything like that.....I've never seen those kind of mountains in person.....actually I've only seen mountains that weren't completely green once in my life.....wow.....I'm still just.....I'm in shock......it's so beautiful......I'm going to stop now.....maybe.....I feel like if I look back at those pictures I'll die......dear god.....okay I'm going to really stop now....seriously.....I'm stopping

angelico 08-22-2009 05:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
an L.A. sunset =^.^=

noodle 08-22-2009 08:25 AM

Wow, spicytuna, that just looks amazing! Next time I visit family in Canada, I'll def make a trip down there (more, up there, actually, lol. I'd love to climb up one of those rocks/mountains to just sit there and let the scenic views soak in).

How much does it cost to have a professional take you up? I assume, they have some sort of guide for tourists that don't know how to climb?

paul999 08-22-2009 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Aloha from Hawaii :)

Seanus 08-22-2009 10:54 AM

Wow, some cracking photos here. Nothing beats the beauty and tranquillity of natural landscapes.