JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#191 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-14-2009, 06:06 PM

I dont see anything wrong about the word negro. its just the spanish word for black. I know that the word was and still use sometimes for racism in the US. Just because it is, doesnt mean that it also only used only as racism in other countries. Thats something that some black people dont get when they travel to spanish speaking countries. What I dont get is the word nigger O_o. wtf is that. I guess its just a word racist white people invented time ago cause they couldnt pronouced the word negro.

The word nigger is still use today, and more by black people even though it was the racist word used towards them. What gets me mad is that its alright for them to call each other nigger, but not alright for others to call them that. If they want to be serious and respected they should just stop calling themselves that. In my opinion, the word nigger and other kinds of racist word should just disappear for ever. They should just stop saying them in moves,music,etc.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#192 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Did you know if you call a Hispanic New Mexican (from the state of New Mexico) a Mexican-American they get pissed off to the point of wanting to fight? They want to be called Spanish. Funny how some people think.
Seriously? LOL. I just get a bit annoyed when the immediate reaction I receive when I speak Spanish is "Oh! You're Mexican!" I've heard worse though.
(#193 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Seriously? LOL. I just get a bit annoyed when the immediate reaction I receive when I speak Spanish is "Oh! You're Mexican!" I've heard worse though.
People ask me to speak Mexican. wtf is that

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#194 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
I dont see anything wrong about the word negro. its just the spanish word for black. I know that the word was and still use sometimes for racism in the US. Just because its use as rasism in the US doesnt mean that it also only used only as racism in other countries. Thats something that some black people dont get when they travel to spanish speaking countries. What I dont get is the word nigger O_o. wtf is that. I guess its just a word racist white people invented time ago cause they couldnt pronouced the word negro.

The word nigger is still use today, and more by black people even though it was the racist word used towards them. What gets me mad is that its alright for them to call each other nigger, but not alright for others to call them that. If they want to be serious and respected they should just stop calling themselves that. In my opinion, the word nigger and other kinds of racist word should just disappear for ever. They should just stop saying them in moves,music,etc.
Yeah, that's something interesting I learned earlier with Tenchu's case. When on an international forum like this or any other international situation, that's something to keep in mind. American culture/history can't always be applied to different words and terms.

I also get pretty angry whenever I hear anyone use the word "nigger." It's just hypocritical. I'll hear someone debate about racial politics and STILL refer to one another as "nigger." Then, as soon as someone else uses it, they get pissed off. It's something I can't stand. :/

LOVE: pass it on
(#195 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

08-14-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
Seriously WTF is with that >.>

(#196 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Did you know if you call a Hispanic New Mexican (from the state of New Mexico) a Mexican-American they get pissed off to the point of wanting to fight? They want to be called Spanish. Funny how some people think.
As far as i know, the word hispanic is only used for people that come from Spain or are half Spaniards, so you dont call a mexican, puerto rican, etc a hispanic.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#197 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
Oh I've gotten that too. I've also been asked if I speak Colombianese.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

08-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Oh I've gotten that too. I've also been asked if I speak Colombianese.
what's the "nese" part of you?

(#199 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

08-14-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
As far as i know, the word hispanic is only used for people that come from Spain or are half Spaniards, so you dont call a mexican, puerto rican, etc a hispanic.
I feel if you don't know what they are originally
you can say hispanic. >.>

It's better than calling them all mexican.

(#200 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-14-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
She'll die before she admits that.
I know, I'm starting to find it amusing
Closed Thread