JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Aether (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aether
08-25-2009, 04:34 PM

I think asking the question, "Why are teens so rude today," is rather silly. Saying that teenagers are rude is blanketing an entire age group with a description, and obviously it would be untrue. With any age group one would be able to find rude people, but that doesn't mean all people are rude.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. Sure, there are some rude people in the world and perhaps one may have to run into some of them on a daily basis do to somethings such as school and work, but that doesn't mean one should classify all other people similar to them as being the same as the bad example set by them. That would just be stereotyping.

Truthfully, in spite of there being some rude teenagers in the world, there are plenty of fine, mature ones as well.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-25-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
I think asking the question, "Why are teens so rude today," is rather silly. Saying that teenagers are rude is blanketing an entire age group with a description, and obviously it would be untrue. With any age group one would be able to find rude people, but that doesn't mean all people are rude.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. Sure, there are some rude people in the world and perhaps one may have to run into some of them on a daily basis do to somethings such as school and work, but that doesn't mean one should classify all other people similar to them as being the same as the bad example set by them. That would just be stereotyping.

Truthfully, in spite of there being some rude teenagers in the world, there are plenty of fine, mature ones as well.

well there surely aren't enough polite teens out there to change that stereoptyical assumption that the majority of teens are rude and, for some reason, lack the capacity to comprehend the social tool we call "common courtesy"
>.>'''

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-25-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post

I think there are always exceptions to the rule, but in general there are more rude people in the 40 year old and below group than ever before. The 1960's changed America (and maybe the world) into the "ME" generation. I was taught to give up my seat to ladies and the elderly. Last night at the airport, I saw an elderly lady trying to find a seat. A teenage girl had her purse and carry on, on top of the last available seat. When the lady asked the girl if she could move them so she could sit the girl said, "No, I was here first!" in a very disrespectful tone. I gave the lady my seat and walked away before I beat the girl with my belt. Saddest part was that her mom was sitting next to her.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#34 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-25-2009, 05:33 PM

One time I was on the bus, and I asked if an elderly man wanted to sit down instead. I was really shocked when he became angry! I think he was angry because he thought I was suggesting he was old... but I was only trying to be polite.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
rafif (Offline)
Moon light

08-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Hello,

yes I do agree with that teens those days are not polite at all,so rude towards their parents so what about the others if a person treats his family in a bad way we have nth to wait for the outside either in school or whereever.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
DJnohara (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-25-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
I mean, I'm a teen (freshman), but I don't think I'm as rude as others. People just annoy me with how they act towards others and towards teachers. Like a few days ago, in art class, our teacher made us stand up and say our name and to say one thing that we like about art. And entire table said they didn't like art in such a rude way. I mean, who doesn't like one aspect about art?
Personally I agree, I think rudeness among today's youth is more epidemic than before.
I mean did their patents teach them no manners?

When I was in Japan people I met had much better manners. I know its just part of the culture but still..
Rudeness is a big pet peeves to me <.<
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Lamb (Offline)
Hi

08-25-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
One time I was on the bus, and I asked if an elderly man wanted to sit down instead. I was really shocked when he became angry! I think he was angry because he thought I was suggesting he was old... but I was only trying to be polite.
Heh I know what you mean.....There was this little old woman about to walk in to a store and I was about to exit it.So I decided to open the door open for her.I used my back to open it for her she jumped and gave me a look like I was gonna Jump and mug her while she walked by didn't know what that was about.

But I think there are good people out there who are good teens out there.But the majority are put in a bad spot light becuse of the bad apples.

Um..........
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Lamb (Offline)
Hi

08-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
People started becoming rude when years ago the government started telling parents how to discipline their children. All spanking became bad and you were to treat your children like little adults. We were spanked if we were rude to anyone especially the adults. Now, these first generations of these non disciplined kids have their own children are teaching them to be rude in a cycle that I cannot see ever ending in the future. Sad.
Yeah thats true.But I think the reason that is becuase people take it to far.....Now people are so scared of abuse.Now you can't even threaten to spank your child.But I respect peoples wishes on the way of diciplinein thier child.But if you want a child to behave and act human you have to at least do something.

Um..........
(#39 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-25-2009, 08:14 PM

Another reason for teens being so rude these days, is that the adults who should be setting the example are as bad or worse the past few years.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-25-2009, 08:20 PM

Another thing that annoys me about alot of teens is that they don't respect my personnel space. A few minutes ago, I was on my bus home, and this guy kept grabbing my hair and touching it. I mean, seriously,wtf.

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com