JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Why are teens so rude these days? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/27341-why-teens-so-rude-these-days.html)

forgotenmemory 08-25-2009 12:54 AM

Why are teens so rude these days?

I mean, I'm a teen (freshman), but I don't think I'm as rude as others. People just annoy me with how they act towards others and towards teachers. Like a few days ago, in art class, our teacher made us stand up and say our name and to say one thing that we like about art. And entire table said they didn't like art in such a rude way. I mean, who doesn't like one aspect about art?

YukisUke 08-25-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgotenmemory (Post 764568)
I mean, I'm a teen (freshman), but I don't think I'm as rude as others. People just annoy me with how they act towards others and towards teachers. Like a few days ago, in art class, our teacher made us stand up and say our name and to say one thing that we like about art. And entire table said they didn't like art in such a rude way. I mean, who doesn't like one aspect about art?

They probably just want to get on the teacher's nerves. They're just being normal teens. Besides, I didn't like my art teacher, but I still respected her and did her work. It's not that teens are rude. Teens go through their rebellious phases. It's nothing. At least I hope not. :)

Kandierain15 08-25-2009 12:59 AM

Some kids just learn manners badly. :/ You're just gonna have to deal. I do every day

darksyndrem 08-25-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

I don't know, but things like that bother me too. That's all I'm going to say though....don't feel like getting pissed :mtongue:

Lamb 08-25-2009 01:11 AM

Sometimes I don't think it is the age.I think it just may be the person.Then agiain some people are just nicer and more muture than others.

komitsuki 08-25-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

I mean, I'm a teen (freshman), but I don't think I'm as rude as others.

You'll see people in their 20s who are as rude as teens when you go to college.

Lamb 08-25-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 764580)
You'll see people in their 20s who are as rude as teens when you go to college.

Don't you love it when people lie too you and tell you that it gets better when you go to collage.:rolleyes:

Quailboy 08-25-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

cool story bro

IamKira 08-25-2009 01:35 AM

yes, I think it would be more appropriate to ask, "Where did common decency go?" Lack of respect can be found from one end of the age spectrum to the other... it's the saddening nature of the world we live in... I believe it's population... when the population of a certain area arises to where people don't know each other, there is no positive incentive to be considerate. If you live in a small town and everyone knows one another it would be different. There is just no reason to be nice to the person next to you when you live in a large city as you will most likely never see them again...(I sure am sick of McDonalds trash being thrown into our yard when people drive by, or shouted at by idiots in huge, jacked up Ford trucks as they pass by our house). I live in a big city and yet I make sure to give a "hey there" or "evening" to people I pass when I go for a walk or bike ride... sometimes I'll get a cheery response from him/ her that gives me just a little more hope for our world...
:rheart: :rheart: :rheart:

Lamb 08-25-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamKira (Post 764586)
yes, I think it would be more appropriate to ask, "Where did common decency go?" Lack of respect can be found from one end of the age spectrum to the other... it's the saddening nature of the world we live in... I believe it's population... when the population of a certain area arises to where people don't know each other, there is no positive incentive to be considerate. If you live in a small town and everyone knows one another it would be different. There is just no reason to be nice to the person next to you when you live in a large city as you will most likely never see them again...(I sure am sick of McDonalds trash being thrown into our yard when people drive by, or shouted at by idiots in huge, jacked up Ford trucks as they pass by our house). I live in a big city and yet I make sure to give a "hey there" or "evening" to people I pass when I go for a walk or bike ride... sometimes I'll get a cheery response from him/ her that gives me just a little more hope for our world...
:rheart: :rheart: :rheart:

I guess your right.But I live in very small town and "southern hospitality" sometimes can be total bull crap.I don't like liveing in a small town because everyone is up everybodys butt gosping about each other and no privacy.Most people here are only out there for themselves and dosen't really care about others.I really like to be in a big city where at if they are rude to me a least they don't know my name.:)

But I kinda blame this genaration on television.Some of our youth have been raised on it and are easyly influinced by the way people act so therefore they act that way.Or it could be the parents fault for not bothering to teach thier kids manners and how too treat others with respect.Im just going out a limb here so don't jump one me about this please.But ya know nobody perfect. ._.