JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

Teen Rights? - 08-27-2009, 01:42 PM

Do you feel like you don't have enough rights as a teen? Do feel as you have been treated unfairly at school or anywhere? Have you ever been stripped search because of un-fair drug accusations? Or been denied freedom of speech? What your opinion on teen rights, what rights do you think you or they withheld, do you think its fair or un-fair the way teens are treated at school or anywhere else? I want honest opinions and that if its ok with you do i have permission to use your post in my school report?

Thank you.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-27-2009, 01:56 PM

When you sign up for school you are pretty much giving away your rights while you're there, last year I was told "You're in school, what you think dosen't matter, I'm the teacher, not you" So, yes, we are stripped of our rights while in school.
What class is this for may I ask?

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#3 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

08-27-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
When you sign up for school you are pretty much giving away your rights while you're there, last year I was told "You're in school, what you think dosen't matter, I'm the teacher, not you" So, yes, we are stripped of our rights while in school.
What class is this for may I ask?
Its for my English Class and wow your teacher actually said that 0.0
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
Its for my English Class and wow your teacher actually said that 0.0
Yeah, I nearly had him fired for it.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#5 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

08-27-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Yeah, I nearly had him fired for it.
lol do you mine if i quote you in my report? it would work great for my opening sentence.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-27-2009, 02:18 PM

To me it doesn't matter if our rights are stripped away at school. I mean, most teachers won't do anything to take advantage of you. :P

I'm pretty sure it's legal to lose your rights as a student in elemntary through high school

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

08-27-2009, 02:23 PM

As a human, you have rights and duties. Same goes to school, the only difference is that the teacher is "your boss". But that doesn't mean hes superior to you in terms of rights. If you feel that shes being unfair to you, you have the right to reply back. Hell i did that alot!

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

08-27-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
To me it doesn't matter if our rights are stripped away at school. I mean, most teachers won't do anything to take advantage of you. :P

I'm pretty sure it's legal to lose your rights as a student in elemntary through high school
Most teachers may not but that doesn't mean some will not recently there has been a huge problem of yelling at my school, there a limit of how much someone should be able to get into your face especially a teacher.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
mangafreak (Offline)
EAT THE CAKE!

teen rights - 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM

I find its mostly who you are dealing with. Like, my parents are old-fashioned, and don't believe that teens should have the same...i dunno, like what the right term would be...i guess its sort of like they dont believe that what teens say is as important or reliable as what adults say. Like, maybe they think that you should have to work your way up to have the same status as adults, its not just handed to you. And in some weird way, as frustrating as that can be, i kind of agree. I mean the teacher had no right to say that to you, to be sure. But i often see other teens getting an overinflated ego, so i basically just think that if you want to act like a big person, you should be willing and able to stand alone and support yourself. Otherwise, i just let adults drone on about their ideals, and if i don't agree, i just won't say anything. If they try to make me agree, and get upset if i dont, then thats really the only time that i would stand up to them.

"Why waste good technology on science and medicine? Play video games instead."
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MegeBlast (Offline)
New to JF

08-27-2009, 02:45 PM

I have never had any problems with rights as a teen.

Right now I have the same right as every adult, because I am suppose to be an adult now that I am 18. Even though I don't really feel like one while in school though.