JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
09-16-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't think he was really doing those things anyway, so it probably won't matter so much.
Exacty, I dont have my license,don't watch movies and I think a good convo can wait 20 minutes while I nap.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#132 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-16-2009, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
That's when I'm awake (Japan time) so I can chek it for ya

Also, an excellent point is made in that driving long distances will be impossible. Going to a movie theatre and not konking out in the middle of the flick will also become hard. Long discussions, day trips to places like the theme park or something, all night parties (not that he'd do that at his age but still), all become impossible.

Jeez... I lament for this lad's doomed social life
Well...as I've said before it's his body, let him use and abuse it all he wants. In the end anything that happens to it will be his fault. We can preach and poke fun at him all we please but in the end like anyone else its their choice.

Would you like someone nagging you if you decided to something you thought was important? Like a diet for instance, what if someone bombed you with facts about how unhealthy it was and how you'll just gain it all back anyway, what's the point? You'd still do it right? Even if the person preaching turned blue in the face.

Picking on him is a waste of time, let him do what he wants and if he bails out after a few weeks then oh well. I hope we're all mature enough not to attack him and tell him 'I told you so'. He'll figure out if he can handle the stress and all that or not.

He seems pretty determined to do it, as sick as it might seem I'm overly curious about this experiment of his and I'm personally eager to see if he'll make it or not and I hope he'll be smart enough to know when to stop when it becomes too much and he won't injure himself trying to prove everyone on here taunting him wrong.

A social life is more than going out of the house and partying, friends can easily come over to see him or he can ask someone to come get him and drive him places.

His body, his choice.

Just pray/hope/whatever he can admit defeat if it becomes too much and he doesn't hurt himself.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#133 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-16-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
Would you like someone nagging you if you decided to something you thought was important? Like a diet for instance, what if someone bombed you with facts about how unhealthy it was and how you'll just gain it all back anyway, what's the point? You'd still do it right? Even if the person preaching turned blue in the face.
Actually...

Quote:
I hope we're all mature enough not to attack him and tell him 'I told you so'.
No way, that's the best part!

The kid's got spirit, I'll give him that. But the point MMM brought up a few times that isn't getting enough attention is that he's still growing, still developing. He's not a grown man; far from it. So to do something that's been scientifically proven time and again to be harmful and even more so to those who are still developing (remember the phrase "permanent damage"? It means it doesn't go away when you get effed up) is likely to garner some attention.

Sure it's his body. Sure I don't actually care since it doesn't directly affect me. Maybe we're all just exercising our right to be hecklers on the internet. But still there is a hint of genuine concern for my fellow human being. Then again, the gene pool does need some cleaning out...

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#134 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
09-16-2009, 03:34 AM

Rose, you are one of the coolest people on here, props to you! ^-^

GTJ, you're an ass, in a good way though.

Last edited by Quailboy : 09-16-2009 at 03:39 AM.
(#135 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-16-2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
GTJ, you're an ass, in a good way though.
lol thanks bro.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

09-16-2009, 03:47 AM

Quote:
lol thanks bro.
^-^ I want to start so bad..

(#137 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-16-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
But that's you. Other people take criticism and advice differently. When I went on a diet people told me I'd gain it right back and I didn't care I contacted my doctor and hoped right too it. Many people are like that, I don't agree with people taking Alli or SlimQuick that's the lazy mans way out.

Quote:
The kid's got spirit, I'll give him that. But the point MMM brought up a few times that isn't getting enough attention is that he's still growing, still developing. He's not a grown man; far from it. So to do something that's been scientifically proven time and again to be harmful and even more so to those who are still developing (remember the phrase "permanent damage"? It means it doesn't go away when you get effed up) is likely to garner some attention.
I realize this, I am a Psychology major and I'm well aware of the damage he's risking. And I'm sure he knows what he's in for. You aren't fully grown until you are 25 years of age when your brain stops developing, college students are doing far worse than he is by binging on energy drinks, pulling all nighters and partying.

He's risking heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, heart failure, depression, mood disorders, heart attack, developing ADD, etc.

Anyone with a sleeping disorder is risking the same exact thing, Sleep Apena and Insomnia can cause the same symptoms and result in death if they aren't treated.

Quote:
Sure it's his body. Sure I don't actually care since it doesn't directly affect me. Maybe we're all just exercising our right to be hecklers on the internet. But still there is a hint of genuine concern for my fellow human being. Then again, the gene pool does need some cleaning out...
I'm concerned about him too, but there isn't anything we can do about it but give him the facts right up front and just inform him what to look out for and what he's risking. I'm sure he's smart enough to realize when enough is enough no matter how 'young' he is. And if things get out of hand its usually pretty easy to get their information and get them help in their area, other forums have done it before with people threatening suicide and at least one person on this forum knows his phone number I bet.

The point is, to keep him informed. I hope he read up on everything he's risking before he tries anything and I think MMM has posted up enough information to know what he's about to do to himself. He honestly has no one to blame but himself in the end if it all goes wrong.

And who knows? His growing body might decide to take over and make him crash for hours after the second day. All we can do is wait and watch and hope he's okay when he comes out the other side.

Link:
Teen Sleep Deprivation A Serious Problem

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#138 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

09-16-2009, 04:01 AM

Or you know, my body could take to it and I'll be completely fine..

(#139 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-16-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
What about that time you thought you could take all that alcohol and ended up in the hospital...?

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#140 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-16-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
You could also drive down the highway blindfolded and be completely fine, too.