JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
Koreans separated for more than 50 years reunite - 09-26-2009, 10:21 PM

Lee Dong-un cried and held the hands of his 60-year-old North Korean daughter Saturday during their first meeting in more than half a century. They were one of hundreds of families reuniting as part of a program revived by Pyongyang in an effort to ease tensions with South Korea. The meeting was bittersweet for Lee, who left behind his pregnant wife and daughter, then 2 years old, in North Korea when he fled to the South during the Korean War. The 84-year-old burst into tears after his daughter told him his pregnant wife was killed when a bomb fell on her North Korean town. You can read the rest here.

Koreans separated for more than 50 years reunite - Yahoo! News

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#2 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-26-2009, 11:33 PM

In other news, there need to be more reunions for Koryo-saram living in former Soviet countries.

While some non-Koreans believed that there will be a new world war between North and South Korea happening this year's summertime. Boy, they were extremely wrong about this to think like that.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

09-27-2009, 02:27 AM

These reunions are really heart warming, although they should be allowed released to South Korea.

Cheers - Oz
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
09-27-2009, 05:33 AM

Yeah your right i think i heard about a story smiler to this a few months ago.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog