JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   why is a phone necessary in ur life`s? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/28082-why-phone-necessary-ur-life%60s.html)

ForReal 10-23-2009 01:31 AM

that's a good reason to have a phone

IamKira 10-23-2009 01:39 AM

i kind of want to have two phones in use, f course i'll have to stick w/ my 3g, for gps mail etc., but for kicks i want to start using one of those really old brick phones. we used to have them.. i wonder if any service providers will support them, but it would be soo funny to get a call out in public and whip out a phone the size of a shoe... i'd love to see the reactions of people around.:D:rheart:

of course i'd need the Fox Mulder style trench coat for effect xD

Pip 10-28-2009 08:07 PM

I use my phone as a MP3 player/camera/Apps with extra call/text function.

I barely text or call anyone since it's easier/cheaper to use msn/mail/tweets.
Most of the time I dont wanna be in constant touch with everyone and then I only use it as an MP3 player. That's also the only reason why I can't live without my phone since then I wouldnt have my music everywhere with me :p

smbx33 10-28-2009 09:01 PM

I use my phone to connect with friends, to be social you need a phone. I use it to text most of the time, and to find where the event of the weekend is wether its a football game at the park or a party at someones house without a cellphone I would be pretty lost.

I also use my phone for emergencies like when I had my car accident I had to call my mom because the ensurance was under her name. Or like the time my car died in the middle of the Highway I used my phone to call up AAA to pick up my car.

Without a cell life can get pretty dull, you'll start to notice when u get one and then lose it.

Kandierain15 10-28-2009 10:04 PM

loll. well, my mom wants meh to be safe bcuz of where i live(bad place) so that helps.

Plus in my city, if you dont have a cell phone, you miss out on a lot of stuff bcuz almost everyone is always; calling you, texting you, or telling you important stuff that happend

Hyakushi 10-29-2009 01:41 AM

I don't have a phone except at work, never really liked talking over the phone. Rather do it face to face but recently I've been thinking about getting a phone for emergencies. Maybe a little cheapie like those to go phones or something but ugh I’m not sure. I really don’t want to but I keep missing important things because no one can get a hold of me Haha!. :D

TalnSG 10-29-2009 06:41 PM

I have always had a love-hate relationship with phones. Because of work they are the bane of my existence. :mad: My first job was as a PBX switchboard operator and even today, I am the one to answer all the departments incoming phones. You cannot imagine how much I despise the sound of rinigng phone!

If it not one of MY custom ring tones on the cell I DO NOT want to answer.

But I am never without my cell (except when I get home and forget it is still out in the car). Because of my friends, its more for txt than voice. But about 2 weeks ago I used it to call the cops when my car got totalled. It was rather handy at the time. :rolleyes: Other than txts I think its other prime use if to look up addresses of businesses I want to shop at or check their hours.

I really wish the major carriers would put a cheap plan out there with unlimited text & data and only about 100-200 minutes of voice time.

TitansWrath 10-30-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalnSG (Post 780403)

I really wish the major carriers would put a cheap plan out there with unlimited text & data and only about 100-200 minutes of voice time.

Well my plan with sprint is close to what you wanted. I just have unlimited text & data for about $30/mo since I never use voice plan. It's possible to call people, but it costs money per min.

LordKiwii 10-30-2009 04:18 PM

I have a phone that dates from the middle-ages xD I got it free with an order and used it pretty much for a while. But after the newness of a phone was gone I only used it for emergencies or if I really had to use it to call (for instance so that my dad could come and pick me up). So I don't really use mine much and I don't really see the point anyway. I see my friends every day so I have nothing to text them about haha :P

TalnSG 10-30-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitansWrath (Post 780516)
Well my plan with sprint is close to what you wanted. I just have unlimited text & data for about $30/mo since I never use voice plan. It's possible to call people, but it costs money per min.

Yeah, Sprint is closest to my idea - except for the minute charges for voice. And their dropped-call rate here is very high.

My other problem is that I used work in telecom and there are certain carriers I avoid like the plague because I know their operation too well. But so far I haven't been desperate enough to consider any of them.