LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
Another thing I would like to comment on are the clips in the video of people cheering and celebrating the Olympics not being in America. I mean seriously, having the Olympics being in America would have been a great honor, and I can't believe how many people were opposed to it simply because Obama supported it. I supported having the Olympics in America not because Obama did but because I did. And I believe those who opposed having the Olympics in America should have had reasons other than just trying to oppose Obama.

In any case, I have to agree with Rachel Maddow's closing words. America should be happy that our president received such an award.
Okay I have to comment on this... Be it off topic or not, the olympics thing was slipped in here by you anyway...

Key in Olympics and DEFICIT into google. Read the articles that come up on how many past host countries had massive debt due to hosting the olympics. People are tired of being told that if we spend, we will save and unemployment will go down. The exact opposite has occurred this year. Americans are starting to realize that maybe government really doesn't have a clue anymore on growing unemployment, growing deficit, pushing plans/bills through that are spending us into a hole that no one can see bottom. It all based on biased opinions and the public is tired of it. There are real problems that the government is not paying attention to ... the massive unemployment, the war, failing economic infrustructure,.... Instead the current administation wants to focus on what has been coined a health care emergency, and getting involved in the private sector like nothing ever seen in the history of the US.

Ohhh... look big surprise..

Vancouver 2010 ... going to be left with big deficit... hmmm... soo strange..

Link:

OpEdNews - Article: Police State Canada 2010 and the Dark Side of the Olympics

Go to the Chicago Suntimes and search on 2016 Olympics... see the comments of how many Chicago citizens hate the corruptness and problems in their city and why they think the Olympics would be a bad idea. They are wondering where the millions spent into the 2016 readiness is going to go... can you say "slush fund"

Hmmm... perhaps flying two convoys (at 2million $ price) over to regergitate the worst bid/speech (see previous post for links) in history while
leaving Afganistan on the back burner, WHILE telling Americans to conserve, WHILE finally meeting the general for just 25 mins after months of requests to make a decision on the war.

You quote:
"I can't believe how many people were opposed to it simply because Obama supported it".

Just a note though.... as I pointed out in a earlier thread... commentary and opinion is not news or fact.

I don't think it was "because he simply supported it". It was a combination of factors... a lot of the above typed.
(#182 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
You've only heard good things about Obama in the left-wing media because they have tossed out any pretense of objectivity and are covering up his blunders and faults, of which there are many. They simply refuse to report any of it, you need to go to alternative sources to find out what's really going on. There is indeed a great deal of opposition to Obama's radical agenda, and the man himself. In much of the country, he is not well liked at all, and I expect that anger to grow by leaps and bounds if Cap and Tax, govt-run healthcare and govt-funded abortions, amnesty for illegal aliens, handouts to leftist organizations like ACORN, appointing corrupt czars, bailouts, and a failure to turn the economy around continues for the rest of his term...
Noodle, I think this is exactly what you are talking about. samurai007 is talking about the "left-wing media", but you don't live in the US, so he isn't talking about your media.

You see the key words: "refuse to report", "blunders and faults, of which there are many" (for a president who supposedly has done nothing). He is "not well liked" in "much of the country" though has an over 50% approval rating over the whole country.

Samurai007 you jumped the shark with "government-funded abortions" and basically all the other Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck talking points...men who are paid to spend 4 hours a day pointing out faults in the present administration and then go home to their mansions and fat cigars and 30-year-old single malt whiskeys and think about how they are going to repeat the process the next day.
(#183 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Instead the current administation wants to focus on what has been coined a health care emergency, and getting involved in the private sector like nothing ever seen in the history of the US.
Okay, sorry I just had to comment on this. It is an emergency, I cant believe you can talk about our economic crisis without mentioning our awful health care. It needs reform somehow. If were going to talk about things that will improve our economy its a health care reform. At least 60% of US bankruptcies are because of current health care, but that's not a crisis at all is it?

sorry I will stay on topic from now on.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#184 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl View Post
Okay...so I didn't know, I'm sorry, just responding to the original thingy. I don't have the time to read 11pgs. worth of this. I don't like him no. He has done many bad things, and that I do not respect, it's not because of his race, nor his political stance. It's what you do, not the extra fluff.
And I should respect your opinion because....?
(#185 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Although only a small majority of Chicagoans wanted the Olympics in Chicago (which is common for potential host cities) the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics being held in the US in 2016.
Going to call for a link to this little tid bit.
(#186 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
Okay, sorry I just had to comment on this. It is an emergency, I cant believe you can talk about our economic crisis without mentioning our awful health care. It needs reform somehow. If were going to talk about things that will improve our economy its a health care reform. At least 60% of US bankruptcies are because of current health care, but that's not a crisis at all is it?

sorry I will stay on topic from now on.
Reform yes - everyone should agree to that. Emergency, no. I've seen that study and even CNN thinks its an over estimate.

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN.com

We have differ opinions about emergency. The administration calls it a health care emergency... its a cost of health insurance problem that is affecting health care costs.
Health care is pretty darn good in the US. Refrom yes. Emergency, no.

When did it exactly become an "emergency" I wonder.

Okay, I'll get back on topic...
Maybe Obama won the prize because of him trying to reform health insruance industry.
(#187 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Going to call for a link to this little tid bit.
Poll shows Chicagoans, Americans want Games :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago 2016

James Mignerey: Real Americans don’t cheer when we lose the Olympics

Anti-Obamaites revel in loss of Olympics: And they're undercutting his foreign policy, too | Philadelphia Daily News | 10/06/2009

Majority Of Chicagoans, Americans Want Olympics: Chicago 2016 Poll

What assumption were you living under?

Quote:
Maybe Obama won the prize because of him trying to reform health insruance industry.
Did you watch the video I posted? That question is answered pretty clearly. Then the press release posted in this thread later in the day makes it more clear. (HINT: American Health Care has nothing to do with the Nobel Peace Prize.)

Last edited by MMM : 10-14-2009 at 06:54 AM.
(#188 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Noodle, I think this is exactly what you are talking about. samurai007 is talking about the "left-wing media", but you don't live in the US, so he isn't talking about your media.

You see the key words: "refuse to report", "blunders and faults, of which there are many" (for a president who supposedly has done nothing). He is "not well liked" in "much of the country" though has an over 50% approval rating over the whole country.

Samurai007 you jumped the shark with "government-funded abortions" and basically all the other Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck talking points...men who are paid to spend 4 hours a day pointing out faults in the present administration and then go home to their mansions and fat cigars and 30-year-old single malt whiskeys and think about how they are going to repeat the process the next day.
We don't know what media Noodle listens to. But since it only seems to be giving glowing reports on Obama, that tells you right there that it isn't fair and balanced. The left controls most of the media in the US, and there are many leftist news sources in Europe as well. Maybe Noodle will tell us exactly which sources he was talking about.

Half the country supports him, half does not. That support is generally concentrated in African-Americans (where he has approval ratings above 90% mostly because of his skin color) and the large cities. Outside of urban areas, most disapprove of him. That is "much of the country", as I said.

The health-care bills making their way through Congress do not have exemptions for abortion funding... in fact, there are subsidies in the Baucus bill for abortions that the Republicans tried to remove, and the Democrats blocked. And Obama has already removed restrictions on US aid money to fund abortions overseas (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/us...ma.html?fta=y), as well as trying to repeal the Provider Conscience Regulation that allows doctors and nurses who have a moral or religious objection to abortion to not be forced to perform one. ( Obama To Rescind Provider Conscience Regulation : NPR , Obama Misleads on Federal Abortion Conscience Clause in Health Care Speech )

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#189 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Actually Rush and Glenn Beck put in very long hours (Beck especially these days)... I hope he doesn't work himself to death. You have Beck and his listeners to thank for getting that communist Van Jones out of the white house.

My questions to you is: is there anything wrong with pointing out the faults of the present adminstration?

Strange how Beck's books have been #1 on the New York times for weeks....

They deserve every penny they earn. I wonder is Rush will get the Rams....
Rush doesn't smoke and Beck doesn't drink to be exact.
(#190 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post

Half the country supports him, half does not. That support is generally concentrated in African-Americans (where he has approval ratings above 90% mostly because of his skin color) and the large cities. Outside of urban areas, most disapprove of him. That is "much of the country", as I said.
If I am going to be asked to give statistics, then I will ask you to do the same. I have avoided the race card up until now, but it is becoming clear that skin color is a reason why people make opinions about our president.