JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
orca (Offline)
JF Regular

Question Spy Cameras - 10-21-2009, 08:16 AM

Hi I thought I could post this here as alot of new technology comes from Japan so I thought I might get an answer I still don't have..

Basically I want to get a spy cam to spy on my nanny, I think she might b mistreating my son without doing any actual physical harm, more mentally/emotionally, tho I don't wanna overreact in case she isn't and is actually taking good care of him.

I need a cam that I can hide on my son, in his belt or shoe etc and one thats safe, records voice as well as image with the longest battery life possible.
I've checked on ebay and see pens/watches/keyrings/sticks but nothing smaller that doesn't need to be connected to mains to work and they only have 2hrs battery life.
A cam in the house is okay sometimes but I ideally need one that I can plant on him as theyre out most of the day he's with her, one that I could switch on when I leave and switch off when I get back would b a miracle but do they even exist yet?

I'm told I can get longer battery life if I change the battery but which cam can I do that with? And which battery type will I need that records the longest and what is the longest time possible? Are there any smaller hidden cams available and where from? Any links will b appreciated

Sorry for the dumb questions but i'm not very knowledgeable in whats new and whats what when it comes to electronics
(#2 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-21-2009, 01:53 PM

umm... okkk?... if you are trying to figure out this for yourself, why don't u just use a microphone? *her voice should be distinguishable for you.. my suggestion: google audio surveillance
there will not be a camera system that can record video all day long without some giant storage device for all the info... depending on the type of shell for the file, audio files are generally 1/4 or 1/5 the size of video files which will reduce the need for storage device on your son..

that is if u are adamant about it being on him. could be better just to set up multiple wires around the house. it'll be easier i assure you

IamKira
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-21-2009, 02:03 PM

I`m going to make the guess that your son is small enough to require her to do physical things with him - Changing clothes, diapers, etc... So I think it would be very very hard to conceal something on him that she would not find. For that length of time, you`ll need a fair sized battery pack and there is no easy way to hide even a tiny one on a small child!

I would suggest maybe hiding a small audio recorder in something you know will be with them through the day. Maybe sewn into the lining of a bag holding his things, or hidden in a part of a stroller, etc.

But really, if there is something about your nanny that leaves you feeling uncomfortable about the care she is giving your son... I wouldn`t look for proof but rather confront her about it and put your concerns out on the table. If she is a truly good care taker then she should want you to feel comfortable with the care she is giving and should work with you to change things for the positive. If she freaks out about listening to some of your concerns, even if there is no abuse going on... she is probably not the type of person you want caring for your son.

And if she is a really good care taker who would be perfectly happy to change her style to fit yours, she would most likely be very hurt and insulted that you jumped straight to surveillance without even trying to talk about the issue.
Clearly there is something bothering you - there shouldn`t be, so I would go straight to her and bring it up. You`re the one paying her, you shouldn`t need to sneak around.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-22-2009, 02:43 AM

Or get a different Nanny if you truely sense something amiss.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-22-2009, 05:18 PM

Probably the best answer here^
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

10-22-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca View Post
Hi I thought I could post this here as alot of new technology comes from Japan so I thought I might get an answer I still don't have..

Basically I want to get a spy cam to spy on my nanny, I think she might b mistreating my son without doing any actual physical harm, more mentally/emotionally, tho I don't wanna overreact in case she isn't and is actually taking good care of him.

I need a cam that I can hide on my son, in his belt or shoe etc and one thats safe, records voice as well as image with the longest battery life possible.
I've checked on ebay and see pens/watches/keyrings/sticks but nothing smaller that doesn't need to be connected to mains to work and they only have 2hrs battery life.
A cam in the house is okay sometimes but I ideally need one that I can plant on him as theyre out most of the day he's with her, one that I could switch on when I leave and switch off when I get back would b a miracle but do they even exist yet?

I'm told I can get longer battery life if I change the battery but which cam can I do that with? And which battery type will I need that records the longest and what is the longest time possible? Are there any smaller hidden cams available and where from? Any links will b appreciated

Sorry for the dumb questions but i'm not very knowledgeable in whats new and whats what when it comes to electronics
Mate, forget it!

Besides having possible legal ramifications, if you "suspect", that's good enough to get rid of her fast!

Get yourself a new nannny and do not allow anymore contact from now on with the other one.

Cheers - Oz
(#7 (permalink))
Old
orca (Offline)
JF Regular

10-23-2009, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the replies, yes audio does sound like a good idea I might try that first for a few days, I really want video footage tho cos I think she might b intimidating him without raising her voice.
I could get another nanny too but i'm happy with this one if she isn't doing the things he says he is, I jus wanna kno for sure because much as I love him and he is such a good boy in every other way, I just can't believe everything he says, he's like 'the boy who cried wolf', he's 4yrs and very smart for his age but unfortunately he also tends to lie alot, which i'm trying to stop but he jus keeps makin things up all the time and says it so convincingly. I quite like that he's so clever imaginative and creative but he overdoes it when he falsly accuses people of doing things just to try and get them in trouble.

He said she's nice till I leave then she's not, that she switches over the tv and doesn't let him watch cartoons, doesn't play or talk to him tells him to sit down and be quiet talks on her phone all day and when they go out that she walks so fast he falls down and apparently doesn't give him lunch.
Now I know some of them are most likely fabricated because I pointed out to him if he was always falling down why arent there any scratches on his knees, also he never seems to be hungry when I return so he mustve eaten and I can tell the pans and dishes and food have been used for the day, as for the tv a few hrs after telling me that, we were playing and he recalled an episode of Dora The Explorer he'd watched that day and said he wanted to play the game she was playing in it, how could he hav watched that if she don't let him watch tv? Everyday I return there's a few creations he's made during the day with her drawings/paintings etc and he seems very happy hugging her when she leaves and making her promise she'll come back the next day, soon as she's out the door he's face completely changes and when I ask him what it is he says she's not nice to him and says all these things.

Luckily he'll b in school next yr, I could've put him in nursery but worry he might get bullied by the other kids etc even tho i kno it'd b a good way to prepare him for school. I could ask the nanny but he makes up so much that I feel almost ashamed to, also if she were doing these things I doubt she'd admit it so wanna get the facts from fiction first.
I don't kno why he's like this, I hav friends with kids and they don't behave like that, also the fiction he makes up is so 'calculating' and at such a young age I don't even know what to do anymore but stay alert and try to separate fact from fiction as much as i can, by calculating I mean the type of things he can think to say like her walking too fast, surprisingly he's never said she hit him etc which would be a more usual thing to say, it's sad because if one day someone does hurt him then how will I kno! I hate also what a reflection it has as me as a mother, I do everything for him, am an honest person and a good mother yet he behaves like this for no known reason, I can't see any past behaviour or influences to reflect his attitudes asides from his father. I'm a single-parent now and left his father when pregnant because he is dishonest a thief and a compulsive selfish liar, can a child really inherit these types of behaviour from a parent theyve never known??? I think that highly unlikely and am very confused on the subject, either way i've decided to get the facts first before confronting my nanny so will look for some type of audio device, anyone kno any good site and what type would be best??
(#8 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-23-2009, 08:57 PM

r u serious?... whilst the genetic code for humans does contain and astonishing amount of information, it is limited to - instructions for developing human hardware (i.e. limbs brain etc.) and the base operating system that runs inside the brain.. animal behaviour is intrinsicly linked to observation... all it is is witness and repeat. the only things that are hard-wired into the operating system of any animal are life sustaining instinctive measures such as, in deer, the ability to get on it's feet right away... or in turtles, the instinct to go to the sea.

i fail to understand how behavioural traits such as those you're describing would be encrypted into your child.. that is to say that the father's sperm carried a code which instructed the kid to act in a sly, deceitful way- that's just a ridiculous idea in it's nature...

remember, us humans are inherently self fulfilling organisms, rational is another word to describe us... at a young age we start to figure out what we want, and more importantly how to get it... all juveniles go through this phase of trying to dupe the parent for personal gain.

IamKira
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Liongale (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Liongale Send a message via MSN to Liongale
10-24-2009, 07:16 AM

One hidden on the person can be easily found. In any case you should have a camera in your house in a room, even though you might not find it to be best, this is what most people use with success.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
orca (Offline)
JF Regular

10-24-2009, 11:26 AM

No I don't believe he gets it from his dad, I don't know much about how dna works either which is why I said it's highly unlikely, he is the only person I can think of who his behaviour resembles tho when it comes to the lies and i've no explanation to that except that it does.
I personally believe a child's behaviour reflects on the type of environment theyre in and how theyre being treated and in my case I believe he's in a good one. I left his father for this very reason that I didn't want him in my baby's life and he isn't which is why i'm so baffled. I absolutely adore him and treat him well, it is just the fiction he makes up that I consider negative in him other that that he's a lovely bright intelligent happy boy, the closest i've come to getting an answer is when a friend suggested he might b behaving like this because he's angry with me for not being around as much and might b doing it for attention, also because he knows I work with kids and feel I prefer to b with them than him, unfortunately if that is the case it can't b changed because I hav to work to b able to provide for him

Either way I hav to find out if any of what he's saying is true and hav decided to install a cam in the main room and switch it on before I leave that way i'll hav 2hrs of what she's like with him when i'm gone which is when he say says she apparently 'changes' towards him, also am gonna install audio somewhere on him for when theyre out... don't kno much about them tho so will b looking into that, anyone kno how long they last, where, which one, and how I use them??