JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Introductions (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/28668-introductions.html)

rison 04-14-2009 10:27 PM

Name Rison
why Japan: Love the language seems everyone is saying that...but really I do.I've already started learning it..see I have to do a post graduate course there.Arigatou godzaimasu
Fav. manga: naruto:Orochimaru(one of my fav.villains),samurai X,Samurai showdown.

peace:vsign:

rebam 04-14-2009 11:14 PM

my name:sen
live in:california
year born:92
born in: california

Gothix 04-16-2009 01:37 AM

Name: Stephen Rein
Coming to you from: Las vegas, fabulous Sin City
First Breath: August 19 (SAME AS CLOUDS!!!) : 91
intentions and whatnot: Go with the flow. Get insipired by everyone.

I've always loved harajuku fashion and... well almost everything about japan hah. Planning on vacationing there for a cople months after graduation next month.

I just need to learn som more Japanese farther than just asking for the time and bathroom xD

FeyOberon 04-16-2009 06:42 PM

My name: Sarah

Coming to you from: The Great State of Oklahoma! Nice people, lots of wind, not much else . . . .

First breath: 1987 (I'm an Aquarius)

Intentions and whatnot: I've lurked around this forum for about a year, so I thought I ought to join. I plan to continue finding pieces of valuable information and insight, as well to become a member of this community I have come to feel like a part of. :)

Plans to visit Japan: I would love to have the opportunity for an extended visit someday. Hopefully, I'll make it happen!

ColorblindGirl 04-16-2009 06:47 PM

Name: Stephanie (my friends call me Steph oder Steffi)

Coming to you from: Germany - near Cologne

First Breath: February 1987

Intentions and whatnot: I´m planning a travel to japan in April 2010 and I would like to have some friends all over the world (espacially Japan), so Internet seems to be the easiest way ;)

Why do you want to go to Japan: Because of everything ^u^

Favourite Manga/Anime: Missile Happy, Vampire Knight

So, hello everyone ^^

coolforcats1 04-16-2009 08:19 PM

Name: Katie
Coming to you from: UK
First Breath: 31/10/89
intentions and whatnot: Basically, I found this site after looking for other Japanese site and immediately joined after seeing all the cool discussions! None of my mates love Japan as much as me :( so being on here is kinda a relief and a way to talk about what I love!
Also, I'm a student studying for an HND (Higher National Diploma) in Photography :D which is amazing!
why do you want to go to japan: I would love to go to experience the real deal. :rheart: London has it's Japanese community, but I want to see the real thing. I want to tour the country and see its beauty, photograph it, and perhaps live there if i have enough money lol :vsign:

Jackanory 04-17-2009 11:31 AM

Hey what's up? My name's Jack, I'm currently 22 years old, studying biology at university in Bristol, UK.
Hoping to come over to Tokyo for a year next year to teach English, all very daunting though!
Pretty much obsessed with Japanese culture, media, food. Not so hot on the music but maybe that's because I haven't really been exposed to enough, any recommendations? (I'm mainly into hardcore punk, screamo, all things heavy!)
Animé I've been watching recently include Bleach, Beserk, Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai, again any recommendations?
Know a few phrases in Japanese, hoping to just throw myself into it when I go over there and also getting lessons, pretty good at picking up languages so I reckon I'll be ok (I learned French in about 4 months when I lived in Switzerland!).
So yeah I'll probably head over to the other discussion threads to have a chat!

coolforcats1 04-17-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackanory (Post 699315)
Hey what's up? My name's Jack, I'm currently 22 years old, studying biology at university in Bristol, UK.
Hoping to come over to Tokyo for a year next year to teach English, all very daunting though!
Pretty much obsessed with Japanese culture, media, food. Not so hot on the music but maybe that's because I haven't really been exposed to enough, any recommendations? (I'm mainly into hardcore punk, screamo, all things heavy!)
Animé I've been watching recently include Bleach, Beserk, Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai, again any recommendations?
Know a few phrases in Japanese, hoping to just throw myself into it when I go over there and also getting lessons, pretty good at picking up languages so I reckon I'll be ok (I learned French in about 4 months when I lived in Switzerland!).
So yeah I'll probably head over to the other discussion threads to have a chat!

Hi!
For Japanese bands, I'd recommend: An Cafe, Dir En Grey, Alice Nine :-)
I don't know a lot of Japanese bands, but I'm on the search for more! lol

darksyndrem 04-17-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoruhoshi (Post 682968)
Just recently, eh? What prompted it?

Well, me and my friend are into alot of fashion sort of stuff, and he's already been in love with Japan for awhile. So I was searching for some Japanese fashion stuff and came across this site, started looking at everything, and now I'm just in love with Japan :D

Kimicatdemon 04-17-2009 08:54 PM

Name: Brytne
Coming to you from: Texas
First Breath: August 18, 1990
intentions and whatnot: I'd like to meet some new people. I saw this site in a magazne awhile back and thought I should join, so today I did. I am looking forward to talking with everyone!
why do you want to go to japan: Hmm...I would like to visit to see the sites and try the cuisine. It seems like they have so many things that I have never seen or heard of, so it would probably be fun!

kawaionigiri 04-18-2009 02:32 AM

Name: Angel
Coming to you from: indonesia
First Breath: october 22, 1995 (I think I'm the youngest)
intentions and whatnot: (P) :D
why do you want to go to japan: I don't know why.. I just interest in their culture..

yoroshiku :vsign:

tanyaGORE 04-18-2009 03:04 AM

Heyy Heyy! :D
Name: Tanyaaa
Coming to you from the: u.k
First breath:6/6/94
Intentions and whatnot: be a photographer and live in japan how cheesy :D xD
Why do you want to go to Japan: Everyone there is so polite and respectfull and i could read as much manga as i want :D plus i love the food out there :D xD
Favourite Manga/Anime: TBH....! Theres way to many to put down tht i might actrully loose count soo ill put down the main genres i read
Yaoi And romance with drama xD

love you all
x

MaryAuksi 04-19-2009 09:13 PM

Hi-Hi Everyone!

Name: Maria/Mary/Mari-chan :D
Coming from: Estonia (a small country in Europe).
First Breath: April 3, 1993.
Intentions: I wanna live in Japan one day! :D And be a writer/journalist.
Why I want to go to Japan: Because it's AWESOME! It looks amazing and beautiful and sooooo different. And special.
Favourite manga/anime: NANA, ParaKiss, Death Note, Hellsing.

neverwinter6039 04-20-2009 08:36 PM

hey im new

どうも!:vsign:
hey everyone im going to introduce myself in a very cheesy way. hey im chris im new to japanese been learning for maybe just over a month and my friend lucas89 said u guys could help so expect to see me around as i have just over a 2 month before i go to japan.
so i guess hello :ywave:

coolforcats1 04-20-2009 08:39 PM

Hello!
Welcome to the forum! :)
Where abouts in Japan are you going?

neverwinter6039 04-20-2009 08:41 PM

nagoya for 3 weeks so i best gety some study time in lol

coolforcats1 04-20-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverwinter6039 (Post 700783)
nagoya for 3 weeks so i best gety some study time in lol

Cool! Lucky you!
I'd love to go to Japan but I need money lol :confused:

rison 04-20-2009 08:51 PM

^^
You kidding.The 2nd biggest economy of the world....Yeah you need money and some sense.

neverwinter6039 04-20-2009 09:05 PM

lol i had to go to my parent who i dont even live with for money

coolforcats1 04-20-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rison (Post 700792)
^^
You kidding.The 2nd biggest economy of the world....Yeah you need money and some sense.

I was only speaking as a general comment...

SophieMallow 04-22-2009 06:45 PM

Hi! new here

I'm new here

So thought i'd say hello to everyone :)

hope everyone had a good easter

snowmanf 04-22-2009 09:23 PM

I arrived here by coincidence from a jp related blog.
The first thread I saw was quite controversial and I simply couldn't leave it alone :)
So now I'm here perhaps it will become a new habit.

Do ppl really intro here or just leave one liners? :p

Oh well, ...

to be brief, I've lived in many places in the world including .jp
I lost count of the number of times I've been back
I still have many friends there.
Mostly I became interested because of ancient history/culture.

Remember Izanami and Izanagi?
Its their fault, hehe!

anyway Regards to all

reitanicky 04-22-2009 09:58 PM

OHAYO GOZAIMASU!!!! HAJIMEMASHITE!!!!!! REITA desu (i wish)....nah i'm reita-n-nicky (u guys can call me yuki) i'm 15...i'm from under reita's bed (lol) my fave manga is, ummm, i dunno i love most of them ^^ ...........i'm a jrock freak....i wanna go to japan someday.......i love cosplaying and drawing...someday i'll probably study graphic arts in japan..........i'm saying too much about myself, ne? NICE MEETING U ALL!!!!
anyways...

RickShan 04-23-2009 06:07 AM

Name: Ricardo
Coming to you from: Portugal
First Breath: September 14, 1989
intentions and whatnot: Meet new people, learn more about Japan and the language.
why do you want to go to japan: I would like to visit every place related to the samurai since thats how i got interested in Japan. I also saw pics of the beautiful green places Japan has and i would love to visit them too.

TenmaAi 04-23-2009 09:29 AM

hello

Name: TenmaAi
Coming to you from:belgium x3
intentions and whatnot:To meet new people! &currently.. I'm still in school studying to be a forensic pathologist/anthropologist (sp?) , then earn enough money to move to Japan or to have my own vacation house there! x3
why do you want to go to japan:
I don't know.. I just fell in love with the culture I guess..
I can't even remember when it started ..probably when I saw my first anime ( Rurouni Kenshin <3) That & I can't lie about the fact that I'm an anime/manga/cosplay addict xD

simplysnoopy 04-24-2009 12:24 AM

hello there

hello there! i'm new here. just joined in today. i'm kikka. i want to explore this forum and hope to learn something from it and that i would be able to share something from experience.

Compaqmac321 04-24-2009 07:39 PM

Name: i suppose ill put my real name...Cedric
Coming to you from: Georgia
First Breath: August 30, 1987
Intentions and whatnot: i guess to learn more about Japan's society and what other ppl think about various things that have to do with japan
Why do you want to go to Japan:Hmmm, there are probably a billion reasons why. i started getting into anime and such when i was 5...i come from a military family so when i was 10 and my dad came back from korea we were supposed to move to japan, but we couldnt, and ever since then i've had a sour taste in my mouth...i watched a show called shinsengumi, with katori shingo in it, and in that was a this person who worked for an american general he was dutch, but spoke japanese fluently and he expressed to shingo's character why he loved japan so much, the rich culture, the ppl, the WOMEN, the history, and i feel the exact same way. i want to see what he saw first hand, and experience things for myslef.
Favourite Manga/Anime: haha dont get me started, ive seen about 318 anime, my favorite anime, would be one piece, beck, nana, touch tv, space adventure cobra, h2, major season and slam dunk.. my favorite manga is called shamo

HimenoKuri 04-25-2009 04:55 AM

Hajimeyo! Watashi wa Kristen desu :) Neko ga suki! :):vsign: :vsign: :vsign: aI LOVE THIS GUY!!!

rison 04-25-2009 07:03 AM

Welcome everyone to JP...sup.

Xeno 04-25-2009 07:36 AM

Hello. I wont tell my real name,so please call me Xeno. I've just registered to this forum,but without special reason. I'm here just because I love Japan,japanese street fashion,japanese music and anime. That's enough....

rison 04-25-2009 07:38 AM

sup Xeno.Hope you have a nice time on JP

Kanji_The_Wanderer 04-25-2009 10:51 AM

Welcome to the forums all newcomers.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me.
Make sure you read the rules before asking any obvious questions:
Click here for FAQ's

Good day, and happy posting.

AzureDhampir 04-26-2009 08:34 PM

Hey.. I'm Azure.
I'm 18 years old and a Photographer.
I've been to Nihon. It was the most amazing experience in my life.

joelsan 04-26-2009 08:42 PM

[quote=number26;190]

Name: Anthony Guillen
Coming to you from: Washington DC, USA
First Breath: February 2 of !987
intentions and whatnot: Meeting new people especially japanese, looking forward to meeting some friends
why do you want to go to japan: Becuase they have an amazing culture, plus they rock, ever since i was small i always found myself admiring their culture, and wishing to be born there instead of the states.

SakuraSan 04-26-2009 08:58 PM

Hi guys, welcome to JF!

SaintKat 04-27-2009 05:27 PM

Name: Kat
Coming to you from: New Zealand
First Breath: Umm, yeah...nah
Intentions and whatnot: Looking for an interesting and active Japan related forum community
Why do you want to go to Japan: I fell in love with the culture from a young age and have always harboured the desire to go to Japan. I see a future trip as a natural progression of my life experiences.

Taty 04-27-2009 05:51 PM

Hajimemashite =P

Name: Taty

Coming to you from: Germany

First Breath: April 19th, 1990

intentions and whatnot: umm I'm an aspiring Idol and one of my dreams is to voice act Kogami Akira in German ^.^ I really have lots of dreams... hmm I'm seriously crazy about Japan... and well it would be nice to meet people who share my interests! =P maybe I can polish my Japanese a little bit too... (says the girl who can only read 5 kanji so far xD)
why do you want to go to japan: are you kidding? Japan is like paradise! you know, they have these super kawaii dresses in my size (I'm tiny xD) and they've got good music and I really want to sing japanese (anime xD) songs in a karaoke bar and the food is just sugoku oishii!! I've got to try original sushi, onigiri, takoyaki, melonpan, taiyaki, kakigoori, osenbei and daifuku! Soshite, I wanna go to Japan for anime fan stuff, sailor suits, costumes, and digimon plushies! And I want a majo rika plushy too! xD I'm just so excited about all of this! everyone says Japanese suits me xD my friends make like manga eyes when they hear I'm learning Japanese then they ask me to say something and then I come with something simple like >otanjoubi omedeto< or >lemon pie tabetai< (that's my favorite xD) and they say it sounds so kawaii when I say it xD *scroll* woo! I'm talking way too much again!
Sore jya, bye-beeeeeeeee! ^.^

AnamiSasaki 04-28-2009 12:45 AM

Konnichiwa Everybody!
Name: Amanda but you can call me Anami or Ryoko!
Coming to you from: Arizona
First Breath: August 20, 1995
Intentions and whatnot: To move to Japan one day, have a penthouse and be a J-horror movie director! My favorite movie would have to be The Grudge 2.
Why do you want to go to japan? I love the culture, people, fashion, entertainment and I have a bit of Asian in me!

hikkiFM 04-28-2009 12:49 AM

welcome to JF Anami. ^_^

ebonyneko 04-28-2009 01:33 AM

Name: Steph
Coming to you from: Australia
First Breath: 15 may 1987
intentions and whatnot: Um...discuss stuff I am interested in with other people who share my interests.
why do you want to go to japan: Mainly to visit all the otaku places, akiba, otome lane etc and the awesome street fashion. It would be nice to have regular cons I could go to and a huge ass anime/manga store with multiple levels.