JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Introductions (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/28668-introductions.html)

kudo 09-14-2006 06:13 PM

Introductions

ah, it seems we're lacking an actual thread to put intros, so in order to do one myself, i attempted to make one. :D

Name: Kudo
Coming to you from: Canada
First Breath: July/4/198x (T_T i'm so old...[tear])
intentions and whatnot: i dunno. was randomly surfing the webs and came about here. looks cool. we'll see how things rock around. i intend to go to japan within the next year, so i'll see what i can rack up before then. ^_^ um, i'm a student right now, so i'll be going there and back periodicly when time permits. don't really have any japanese friends. the only one i know in real life...well, he coudln't say a japanese word to save my life. nevermind his. lol
why do you want to go to japan: Washing away all the anime fandom and j-pop invasion, i fell in love with this country back when i was in grade 1, oh so many years ago. then i discovered anime. lol. and had another reason to go. (honestly, i think Anime was jus made in the first place as a tourist incentive to go to japan. lol, wouldn't doubt it for a second. smart japanese. -_-; ) and my martial arts instincts are urging me to get my butt over there asap for some reason. lol. honestly, when it comes down to it, i jus feel the need to go there. when i find the real reason behind it, i'll let you in on it. :p
ANYways...have any questions or stuff, feel free to ask. and now...for YOUR introductions!!!! :D

nobora 03-30-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephRoflcopter (Post 690239)
Name:JosephRoflcopter? <_<
Born:11/5/1986
What I'm here for:Chat, and learn more about Japan from the fellow Members and whatnot.

I work as a Freelance Journalist and traveled abroad a few years ago,and now Im back in the country I love,North America.Of course,I would always want to go back to Japan. :]

Well Welcome To JF

MaU 03-30-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnyBlack (Post 690205)
hello,
my name is luis gonzalez.
I am a mexican american but I love the japanese culture!

i have a question...
of this picture.

if someone could tell me what it means that would be greattt. thanks!

hello all!!

well,, it said its easy to sit down since Toro(the cat) is under her/his butt,
just it lol

Califer 03-31-2009 11:30 AM

Name: Kim
Coming to you from: The Netherlands
First Breath: Juli 1990
[/b][BIntentions and whatnot:[/b] I'm bored out of my miiiiiind and this seems like fun :0
Why do you want to go to Japan: Do I? xD Japan really interests me (culture-wise), I really like it how traditional and modern are one. And well, big V-kei fan, #1 mission is to meet Miyavi *_____* (did I say that aloud?!). Awh well, Japan is a very interesting county, I can't say it's my favorite or anything because a lot of cultures really catch my interest, but Japan just has something extra.
Favourite Manga/Anime: Errr.... I like a lot of manga, but my all time favorites are Full Metal Alchemist and One Piece.

katze91 03-31-2009 01:28 PM

Name: marcia
Nick : Jester Katze
Coming to you from: Indonesia
First Breath: 17 march 91
why do you want to go to japan: hmm~~ cuz i like Japan better than my own country i guess~~ Better style, better cosplay, better environment, better culture~~ etc~~

Hello there~ newbie here~ finally found this forum ^^ nice to meet yer all~ XD

YanBrassard 04-01-2009 12:24 AM

Name: Yan Brassard
Coming to you from: Saguenay, Quebec, Canada.
First Breath: March 20, 1992
Why do you want to go to Japan: I want to go to Japan because of many reasons. The Japanese cities really interest me, the language, the girls (I love asians), electronic, etc...
Favourite Manga/Anime: Actually I don't really like mangas. I already read Dragon Ball Z and that's it

Jcl 04-03-2009 03:07 AM

Name: Josh
Coming to you from: United States
Here for: I started getting really interested in Japanese culture, language, etc. probably back in January. So far, I've only studied the basics of the language, but I plan to study more seriously soon. I'm here to make friends and enjoy the culture.
Why do you want to go to Japan: I'd like to visit Japan to see the culture and cities.

SunItMate 04-04-2009 01:52 PM

Name: Elio
Intentions and whatnot:

I'm sure my girl is somewhere over the Japan . . . :mtongue:
Just back from Jap, a fantastic trip around with friends.

Ready to fast seat belt again !:)

lollicupcake 04-04-2009 04:18 PM

hi hi! :)

Name: Lolli
Coming to you from:USA
First Breath: February 21, 1992
intentions and whatnot: i saw this website in my Shojo Beat magazine and thought i would check it out. It looks cool so far! i also like Japanese manga and i love the country. i would really like to go there if i ever get the chance.
why do you want to go to japan: as i said before, i just love the country. it looks so neat! i love languages and i tried to learn Japanese but i guess i'm not disciplined enough to sit and learn a whole language, seeing as how i have TRIED to learn German, Chinese, Norwegian, Japanese and Spanish. lol.:D

savelyev 04-04-2009 04:40 PM

name: Nikita
i am a school student graduating this year and im going to study in Saint Petersburg
i am interested in almost everything, i like business, international friendship, travelling, sleeping, rollerblading (aggressive inline), music, reading and interesting people
lived in US, California for almost a year so it is probably why i know english lol

i wanna make friends with cool people from all countries because someday i will have a lot of money and will travel across the world lol

so.. wussup ppl :ywave:

and my favourite anime is bleach and death note.

xgmx 04-04-2009 04:42 PM

Hi, I'm new here. I came from Google.

MatoriSan 04-04-2009 04:43 PM

Hi

Name: Velja (Matori means old man in my language, lol. it's my common nickname)
Coming to you from: Serbia
First Breath: July/8/1990
Intentions and whatnot: I'm learning the Japanese language now (with an audio lesson book) but hope to enter the Japanese department of the college of philology in my town. I like the language, the Japanese geography, the culture, its cities, the history, and I like Shinto a lot, to the fact that it has plenty of beliefs similar to my own. I'm learning to master the language and become a professor of English or Serbian in Japan.
Why do you want to go to Japan: Well, I am very attracted by the culture and lifestyle of many Japanese according to what I have seen in travelers' TV shows and Discovery Channel's documentaries. My greatest interests are being a teacher because I think teaching (and writing fiction in the free time) are the things best cut out for me. Apart from that, I'm interested in a lot of Anime, traveling around the countryside for some peace and quiet, and hopefully to someday raise a family where life is wholly manageable. I also like cosplay, otaku, and electronic entertainment conventions.

Pexster 04-04-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savelyev (Post 693387)
name: Nikita
i am a school student graduating this year and im going to study in Saint Petersburg
i am interested in almost everything, i like business, international friendship, travelling, sleeping, rollerblading (aggressive inline), music, reading and interesting people
lived in US, California for almost a year so it is probably why i know english lol

i wanna make friends with cool people from all countries because someday i will have a lot of money and will travel across the world lol

so.. wussup ppl :ywave:

and my favourite anime is bleach and death note.

Hi Nikita, Dozo Yoroshiku.

So russian SWEET xD I have a friend named Nikita.

You should join the Shinobi No Mono Clan. !!!

But yeah.......................Rollerblading. KoOL. ^^

KichiJapaneseGifts 04-05-2009 06:16 AM

Hi

We are Ryu, Hana, Satoko and Nicholas and we are a Japanese-British family that offer a number of Japanese services such as Japanese classes and translation.

Details can be found on our site: Home - Kichi Japanese Gifts and Services

The site also has lots of info on Japan and we would be very happy if people would take a look and provide some feedback on it via the feedback form.

Thanks.

All the best to everyone in their association with Japan.

DarcyMaris 04-05-2009 09:25 AM

Hi,

I found out I'd registered here a loooooooooong time ago and found it time to get active again! ^_^
I figured I'd just copy paste a list from my website about myself ^^

Name: Darcy Maris

Hobbies:
Watching videos of Japanese artists, listening to their music =3, singing (I really want to become a singer), learn more about Japan, going to go concerts <3, website management, webdesign & chatting with my dear friends =3

Favourites:
Colours: Black, dark red, dark blue and purple.
Food: Japanese (oyakodon =3) and salads.
Drinks: Coffee! I drink it too much!
Music: too much! I listen to music the whole day. I'll post a few of the artists I like here. Gackt, Moi Dix Mois, Malice Mizer, Dir en Grey, Calmando Qual, Girugämesh, D'espairsray, Közi, Klaha and MYV. As you can see, mostly Visual Kei. =3
Brand: Moi-Même-Moitié (I love Lolita dresses!)

Dislikes:
needles first of all! I'm deadly afraid of them (still don't know how I dared to get a tattoo xD), homework, some of my teachers (but actually I may not say that xD), when the computer crashes again >_<", people who are talking about me behind my back and rain when I have to cycle >_>.

Others:
* I'm a huge yaoi fan! *blush* I love it when artists love each other on stage =^_^=
* I'm still in love with my teddybear xD (which I use as a pillow now).
* I love body art in the meaning of make-up. The weirder the make-up, the more I like it! xD
* My greates heroes are Gackt and Mana-sama.

SparklingIllusion 04-05-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarcyMaris (Post 693637)
Hi,

I found out I'd registered here a loooooooooong time ago and found it time to get active again! ^_^
I figured I'd just copy paste a list from my website about myself ^^

Name: Darcy Maris

Hobbies:
Watching videos of Japanese artists, listening to their music =3, singing (I really want to become a singer), learn more about Japan, going to go concerts <3, website management, webdesign & chatting with my dear friends =3

Favourites:
Colours: Black, dark red, dark blue and purple.
Food: Japanese (oyakodon =3) and salads.
Drinks: Coffee! I drink it too much!
Music: too much! I listen to music the whole day. I'll post a few of the artists I like here. Gackt, Moi Dix Mois, Malice Mizer, Dir en Grey, Calmando Qual, Girugämesh, D'espairsray, Közi, Klaha and MYV. As you can see, mostly Visual Kei. =3
Brand: Moi-Même-Moitié (I love Lolita dresses!)

Dislikes:
needles first of all! I'm deadly afraid of them (still don't know how I dared to get a tattoo xD), homework, some of my teachers (but actually I may not say that xD), when the computer crashes again >_<", people who are talking about me behind my back and rain when I have to cycle >_>.

Others:
* I'm a huge yaoi fan! *blush* I love it when artists love each other on stage =^_^=
* I'm still in love with my teddybear xD (which I use as a pillow now).
* I love body art in the meaning of make-up. The weirder the make-up, the more I like it! xD
* My greates heroes are Gackt and Mana-sama.

Welcome DarcyMaris! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Avi 04-05-2009 05:37 PM

Name: Avinash
Coming to you from: Florida, USA
First Breath: 05/17/88

Intentions: I've always been an avid fan of Japanese culture since I was a child. I'm here to meet others who share the passion, not only for Japanese anime/manga but the culture itself. I'm here to browse around and meet others, who like to dwell themselves into Japanese culture =)

Why do you want to go to japan?: It's one of the top 3 countries I have to go to soon, along with China and the United Kingdom. Aside for my love of the culture, I'd like to further my studies of international trade in Japan. If I go in 2010, it'll be to study abroad in Kansai Gaidai University in Hirakata (Just one option so far). Let's see how everything unfolds, since I have a business here to look after, I won't be able to go for 2 semesters, hah. Hopefully all goes well ^^

Just some basic info. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to treat you all well :o

DarcyMaris 04-06-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparklingIllusion (Post 693693)
Welcome DarcyMaris! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thank you so much! *^_^*

chrono1991 04-07-2009 03:32 PM

Name:Alex lee...nothing special
first breath:20/01/1991
hobby:anime,gaming,drama(chinese),movie,maybe some manga reading.....
race:chinese
languages:i born in multi-raced country...therefore i can speak chinese(mandarin,cantonese,hokkian),english,bahasa melayu.
intention:i want to learn more about japanese..so that i can know more manga and anime culture in japan!

よろしくおねがいします! PLEASED TO MEET YOU!

ZaikaYumi 04-08-2009 10:54 PM

31 years old from US. russian-japanese female.

Jiuchi17 04-10-2009 07:29 PM

Hey

Hey People I'am new here!I heard of this site through Google.I want to make several friends here who are Japanese xD!I know alot about Japan,and I plan on moving there later!

Oh,and my name means "Japanese music"

ozkai 04-11-2009 03:30 AM

Sorry guys and gals!

Missed this post..

My real name is Elliot, 41 years old from the land of Australia.

My home two is Sydney and I currently live in Tropical North Queensland in a town named Cairns which is also very poular for Japanese tourists, students and working holiday visa makers.

I have a gourgeous boy named Kai and he is the love of my life.

Feel free to drop me a line for a chat, and if you are in Japan, make the most of it as I have some fond ,memories five years back:vsign:

Danielsaotome22 04-11-2009 06:47 AM

Name: Daniel saotome
Coming to you from: USA
First Breath: Aug/5th/not telling
intentions and whatnot: Love to watch movies weither it's old, foreign, modern i love it. i also play guitar have been doing that for a year now.
why did i go to japan: i went to go look for a place to live, for graphic designing but changed my career to a LPN

ozkai 04-11-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZaikaYumi (Post 695353)
31 years old from US. russian-japanese female.

Nice mix and a photo would be;)

naoyuki 04-11-2009 03:51 PM

Hi guys (・ω・)/

Name: nao
Coming to you from: Lombardia, Italy
Birthday: 1st May (1992)

Favourite foods: udon, pizza, sushi, dango mochi
Favourite manga: Fairy tail, Trinity Blood, Fullmetal alchemist, Naruto, Raruto XD, Afterschool nightmare, Bleach, One piece, Monster Soul, Inu Yasha, Death note, The Law of Ueki, Nana, Yokujo Climax, Rockin' heaven, Azumanga daioh, Monochrome Factor
Favourite bands: alice nine., spectrum-X, ScReW, System of a Down, Eluveitie, v[NEU], Maccaholic, Toon Factory, Silver Ash, SEED, Secilia Luna, Poitrine, ensoku, sadie, Dir en grey, Nice 2 Meet U, Golf-Mike, miyavi, Moran, LM.C, N'DooL, Maria Cross XDDD, L u L u, HELL THE GROWL...etc.
Favourite colors: green, pink, black, white, all colours u-u

Other Infos :3 : I'm thai-italian, I can speak french, italian, a little of japanese, some words in thai and english, I play the guitar (really bad ç_ç), I love videogames like FF, and...

(・ω・)/ Bye

noneedforname 04-11-2009 10:24 PM

new guy here.
20 year old male from norway.
going to study japanese at the universiy come thiss fall. so thought id join this place to learn a bit about the culture and languge!:rolleyes:

TsunySan 04-12-2009 01:17 AM

Hi! I'm new here too XD

Name: Ana.People call me Tsuny on the internet though :p
Coming from: Romania '
Birthday: September 30

Favorite Manga/Anime: Death Note, Bleach, Naruto, Claymore, Code Geass, Vampire Knight and others.
Favorite Bands/Artists: Evanescence, Nightwish, Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, Tarja, Three Days Grace, RED, Nightmare, the GazettE, Dir en Grey, An Cafe, X, L'arc en Ciel, Utada Hikaru, DBSK, Within Temptation, Luna Sea, Sirenia, Lacuna Coil.
Favorite Colors: Orange/golden yellow, blue, purple, autumn colors.

I'm learning japanese by myself ;) It's not that hard to learn it.

Jentage 04-12-2009 05:12 AM

Name: Jensen Vu
Online "nickname" : Jentage , created this nickname when I used to play GunBound :mtongue: but i actually got the word "jentage" from urban dictionary
Coming to you from: United States [New York]
First Breath: October 10, 199X
Intentions and whatnot:
I just want to learn more about Japan, maybe makes some more Japanese friends.
Why do you want to go to Japan: I fell in love with this country the moment I learned about it. Cool technology, games and everything. Nice people!
Then I found anime, manga, and hentai ROFL..

Favourite Manga/Anime: Hana Yori Dango, Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Hana Kimi, Trainman, Bambino!, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Here is just 3 random pictures of me:

RitsukaRiot 04-12-2009 07:33 AM

Name: Ritsuka
Coming to you from: America
First Breath: March 1, 1993
Intentions and whatnot: I guess to chat with other people who have interests similar to mine.
Why do you want to go to Japan? Because I absolutely love the culture. >3
Favourite manga/anime: Soul Eater, D.Gray-man, Katekyo Hitman REBORN!, Kuroshitsuji, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Nabari no Ou, Sailor Moon, Gravitation, Vampire Knight, The Wallflower, Loveless, etc.
I mainly like stuff with a lot of action. >3

joeyj 04-12-2009 07:55 AM

Name: Joe or Joey, whatever you like
Coming to you from: United States
First Breath: 1982
intentions and whatnot: Mainly just to stay on the pulse of what is going on in the Japanese/Gaijin community. I went to Japan when I was 19 and lived their for 2 years. It was quite the experience and I hope to do it again one day! Currently I run a social network of sorts for anyone that is interested in Japan at eGenki Japan Social Network- Home.

Zarfax 04-12-2009 06:56 PM

Name:
Parker ( パーカー )

Coming to you from:
U.S.A.

First Breath:

11/22/197X

Intentions and whatnot:
I was surfing the web looking for help on how to understand Japanese for when I'm witching fan subs ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fansubs/ )I'm not that grate of a reader so understand Japanese would help a lot

Do you want to go to Japan:
Yes some day. Be for I go I would like to at the lest be able to speak the some for the language or understand

ShinikamiDragon 04-12-2009 07:06 PM

Name: Sandra a.k.a San-San ^_^

Coming to you from: UK- London

First Breath: 1988 ^_^

Intentions and whatnot: I want to live in Japan...always have been fascinated since I was a young young girl... I've been there a couple of times on holiday, but I really truely want to live there...

Why do you want to go to Japan: The culture, lifestyle, excitement, life...everything about it... fascinated since I was a child, so yeah...

Favourite Manga/Anime: Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball Z/GT, Tsubasa Chronicals, Any Yaoi mangas, Gravitation, Full Metal Alchamist + Brotherhood, D.N. Angel, uh...plenty more, but these are the mains I guess...

That's me ^__^ x

kyokun1217 04-12-2009 09:47 PM

I LOVE Japan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohayo Minna san:ywave:

watachiwa Kachi Karim disu from Morocco :)

H want to teel you Minna san some thing

I love Japan :rheart:

I love Jpop & Jdrama & Janime .....:vsign:

I want tolive In japan but I can't Don't have mony :(

I'm Now 18 Years old

In future If my Allah give me life I will work and I will Go to my love Japan to see your culture ,school,boys ,girls ,children,onna(women)...

If I will Go ,,Can you help me Japan peaple ??????

Gomennasai !!
:rheart:

Xanaphia 04-12-2009 10:46 PM

Xanaphia

greetings all :chococat:

Name: Kat Holbert

Online "nickname" : It was originally my D&D name, then I used it for everything else.

Coming to you from: a very small town in Indiana

First Breath: June 22

Intentions and whatnot: I would very much enjoy visiting Japan. I believe I shall in three years.

Why do you want to go to Japan: I have always loved the culture and found it fascinating. I just love everything about Japan.

Favourite Manga/Anime: Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh Shadow Games, Case Closed, Highlander, Deathnote and many others...

hikkiFM 04-13-2009 12:14 AM

welcome to JF! ^_^

BucktheWolf 04-14-2009 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Name: Buck Riley
Coming to you from: Tennessee
First Breath: May 16, 1989
intentions and whatnot: I wouldn't have come here if I hadn't needed some help, but you don't just join a forum, post once, and disappear! It's bad manners!
Why do you want to go to Japan: Well, I'm hoping to improve my Japanese listening skills, for one thing. I'd also love to grab up some of the music iTunes Japan can't provide. I really got into Japanese because of the music. I've never been big into anime or anything else. Just the music :3 Though, admittedly, I was introduced to a lot of the music through anime on TV or through video games. Thirdly, I'd like to experience modern Japanese culture first hand, in all its glorious and not-so-glorious aspects. You hear a lot about Japan, but you never really know what's true and what's not until you go for yourself :3

GINZILATOR 04-14-2009 06:29 PM

Ginzilator

Name:
YASHA

Coming to you from:
IR - IRAN

First Breath:
1/1/1980

Intentions and whatnot:

Do you want to go to Japan:
Yes

japanlover93 04-14-2009 06:51 PM

name:ann lilith
coming to you from: i'm in the middle of nowhere, german
first breath: 2/3/93
intentions and whatnot: sleep and drink.go out partying all night. i don't want to go to school anymore.
why do you want to go to japan: to get a sexy, cute, and very attractive boyfriend. rock my live in jrock concerts. eat ramen and alot of sake. yay! me!

LostVoice 04-14-2009 09:53 PM

Name: Joe
Online Handle: LostVoice. However, I use Hitokiri more often then not. LostVoice is a sub.
DOB: June 1st, 1985.
Why I am here: I have a love for the Japanese language and have been studying it off and on for 4 or 5 years now but nowhere near fluency. Therefore, I am mostly interested in being involved in the Japanese language section helping those who have questions about Japanese and questions I have myself about it. Also cause I like Japanese culture but that's obvious haha.

I have been to Japan once for two weeks with a group from my university. We stayed in Hiroshima most of the time since we were participating in the Peace Ceremony on August 6th. On June 8th, I will once again travel to Japan with my school for a much longer 1 month trip. However, I will stay for an extra month sightseeing, establishing contacts, staying with friends, conducting research, and filming for my senior project/Japanese studies documentary. I am a senior in the Asian Studies department and heavily involved with Japanese Club and the foreign exchange program.

animeangel2010 04-14-2009 10:09 PM

Name:Ashley

Coming to you from: U.S.A

First Breath: Nov. 9th, 1991

Intentions and whatnot: i LOVE japan and would like 2 have a friend from japan, china, and other countries!!! :)

Why do you want to go to Japan: Because Japan is AWESOME!!!:D i love their music,anime,clothes,and language!!! and as soon as i learn japanese im off to japan!! YAY!!!! :cool: :D

Favourite Manga/Anime: omg sssoooo many....anime: inuyasha, bleach, gravitation, death note, tenchi muyo, full metal alchemist, blood+, case closed, yu yu hakusho, ff7 advent children, full moon, wolf's rain, sailor moon, and more... manga: full moon wo sagashite, tokyo mew mew, by the sword, rosario+vampire, vampire knight, cardcaptor sakura, and skip beat