(#621 (permalink))
Old
thegluestick1 (Offline)
New to JF

01-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Name: Mike
Coming to you from: Australia
First Breath: August, '94
Why do you want to go to Japan: It's always been a place of fascination for me, seemingly so quirky and quaint and large at the same time.
Favourite Manga/Anime: Dragon Ball (Z), FMA
(#622 (permalink))
Old
HannahUFO (Offline)
New to JF

Hello there - 01-13-2011, 02:03 AM

Hi, hi. I'm Hannah and I'm super horrible at talking about myself. So uhm, I came here mainly to meet new people and it seemed like a pretty okay site. I would positively love to travel to Japan one day. Fashion, food, people, music. It's all wonderful. I'd love to travel to Harajuku and Tokyo.
So let's see, some things I enjoy; Jesus, j-pop, anime(Duh), food, books, fashion, cute stuff, and unicorns.
So hello everyone!
(#623 (permalink))
Old
liziunholy (Offline)
New to JF

Lizi! - 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM

Hey guys, My name is Lizi.
I am 20 and my birthday is February 26th...soon!
I am a writer, artist, singer and kickboxer.
I have a wonderful boyfriend called Tom.
I came on this website originally for help with my artwork (there are topics in the friends section and in the art section of the forum) and thought the forum looked pretty fun so thought I would join in!
I currently live in Norwich, England for university but I am originally from the countryside.
Hope this is ok!
x
(#624 (permalink))
Old
alisia (Offline)
New to JF

01-15-2011, 04:16 AM

Name: Erin
Coming to you from: New York, USA
First Breath: February 3,1987
Intentions and whatnot: I just want to make some new friends.
Why do you want to go to Japan: I love the culture. I want to make friends and possibly go to some jpop concerts.
Favourite Manga/Anime: I love alot but Yu-Gi-Oh! has to be my all time favorite. <3
(#625 (permalink))
Old
Coffey4780 (Offline)
New to JF

01-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Name: Coffey
Resides in: The US of A
First Breath: Somewhere around 1991
Intentions: To hopefully get into some discussions around here and maybe meet some people who are as interested in the same language, culture, and anime I am.
Why do you want to go to Japan: Why NOT?!
Favorite Anime/Manga: 1. FMA(Both) 2. Inyuasha 3. Death Note 4. Durarara 5. Naruto

+200
(#626 (permalink))
Old
AMH (Offline)
New to JF

Hello!!! - 01-18-2011, 01:52 AM

Hey!
My name is Alexandra (you can call me Alex), I am 21 years old and I live in Bucharest, Romania. My birthday is on 17 October 1989. I study Painting and I write fantasy novels (but I haven't published anything yet). I am very shy...So it's kind of hard to me to speak with others if they don't start the conversation
Why do I want to go to Japan?... Well, in the first place, I have to say that I like Japan since I was 7. My uncle give to me a couple of postcards with Japan and an album with Sailor Moon ( my first encounter with anime, and I still have it), and I liked it so much, that I started to look for more about it.. So, I want to go to Japan because is my soul country. I can't really explain what I feel about Japan, but I think is the best country in the world! It just makes me happy and I like everything about it...Even if it's about the bad parts) (but I couldn't find bad parts until now). My dream was to make the college there but some things have changed and I couldn't go. But I still want to visit Japan, at least 3 months a year. And I say only 3 months a year, because after I will finish my studies in Romania, I will move to Germany to make Philosophy there and to take my master degree in Painting (and I still have to learn Japanese).
My favorite manga are: Black Bird, Hana to Akuma, Kuroshitsuji (everything that involves demons, supernatural, school life, shoujo,)
I hope I can be friends with you! And thank you for reading my "long" introduction
Have a nice day!

"Black and white is my perception in life, but my dreams are colorful..."
(#627 (permalink))
Old
Night (Offline)
New to JF

01-18-2011, 10:07 PM

Name: Night
Coming to you from: Canada
First breath: August, '82
Intentions: To make friends and meet people with similar interests.
Why do you want to go to japan: I love anime, the culture, the food and wish to travel there to learn more about it one day.
Favourite anime: Lucky Star, K-ON, Azumanga Daioh, etc.
(#628 (permalink))
Old
BondageFruit (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2011, 02:24 AM

Name: Zach
Meaning Behind Username: Bondage Fruit is a Zeuhl band from Japan formed in the early 90's from the same scene that brought the Prog world Kōenji Hyakkei.
Why I'm Here: To perhaps find at least one like-minded music fan who appreciates the artistic nature of Japan's Progressive and Avant-Garde music scene.
Why I Want to Go to Japan: To see the sights and possibly pick up some albums from some of my favorite Prog bands. Oh, and to get more intimate with the local cuisine. Other than that, none. Gun enthusiasts and countries with gun bans don't mix.

"You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered pansexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."-Frank Zappa
(#629 (permalink))
Old
dlee2010 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to dlee2010
01-24-2011, 04:45 AM

Hello, minna
How are y'all doing? Hope everyone had a great weekend! Well, let me introduce myself to y'all

Name: Daniel Lee
Race: Asian, Korean but currently living in California, US
Favorite Anime/Manga: too many to name it but One Piece, GTO, and Kenshin
Reason for Joining the Forum: (added some berief story about me)
- Well, when I was in junior high in Korea, my school taught Japanese but I wasn't good at it but I tried hard to get better. Then I moved to US forgot about learning Japanese. It's funny that I brought my Japanese textbook with me Well, I was too busy adjusting the new environments and learning English. Now I'm in college as a freshman, I started to watch my favorite anime over the summer and decided to learn Japanese at college. Luckly my school offers Japanese class. Also, I am thinking about going Study Abroad in Japan, either Hiroshima or Nagasaki. I know there are criticism about Koreans and Japanese that they don't get a long. But I want to learn my neighbor's nation. Their culture, language, arts, and more. That's why I want to go Study Abroad in Japan later. Basically, I want to learn everything and anything about Japan.
Ways to Contact me: dbswo009(skype) dlee506738@gmail.com(email) and facebook (use my email to find me )

I am looking forward to get involved in JapanForum.com community

Hajimemashite
Domo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimas
(#630 (permalink))
Old
AutisticLucario (Offline)
New to JF

01-25-2011, 04:19 PM

Hi everyone .

Name: AutisticLucario (AL for short)

Meaning behind Username: It's actually a reference to a Pokemon fanfiction I'm writing.

Intentions: To try and overcome my nagging fear of English/Japanese culture differences. Also to meet some people who are actually from Japan to help me understand their culture.

Why do you want to go to Japan? I'm curious. Mom likes the Japanese culture and we may eventually have to move there. My dad works in the military.

Extra information: I have Asperger's Syndrome. It's hard sometimes to understand what people mean sometimes, especially when someone says something ambiguous. I also make social blunders sometimes.