LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
I can't prove for a fact that she wasn't in that particular picture, but likewise you can't prove for a fact that she was (in the image I posted).
My point exactly. That's why I asked what posting the pic was about.

Quote:
I can however prove her point of view on the subject, unlike you who's only argument is that because she's female and look's attractive she is obviously wearing makeup and it's unthinkable to believe she's not.
No strawman arguments, please.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
By the way, what's the sheilas name in your animated sig photo?
In the underworld, we call by the codename Lady Sansirou. Nobody else knows this.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
In the underworld, we call by the codename Lady Sansirou. Nobody else knows this.
Call me James, James Bond

Cheers - Oz
(#24 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Because I believe that she isn't. In fact I'm sure she isn't but I can't prove it. Even knowing and posting a video of her explaining that when surfing its the furthest thing from her mind. (Notice how the picture I posted is of her holding a trophy? Believe it or not she didn't win that for wearing makeup).

"No strawman arguments, please."
Exactly, stop the strawmen. Nobody said she won anything for wearing makeup.

Anyways, obviously you can't prove it. But like I said, she evidently is wearing at least eyelash stuff in that particular pic. It doesn't matter what you believe without knowing for sure, apart from that it's evident. It also doesn't matter how sporty or athletic a girl is, they tend to be vain no matter what, especially if they have something to work with. To women in general, not being pretty is like for men looking weak. That's just how it is.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I'll just direct you back up to this.

"What does that mean? Do you think she must be because she looks good?"
No.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
No.

Cheers - Oz
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-12-2009, 12:00 PM

Let`s try to stay on topic here...

And to do just that;

I personally think makeup is a waste of time, a waste of money, and a waste of youth for anyone under 35 or so.

The makeup itself is bad for your skin, and the cleansers used to get it all off your face every day is also bad for your skin. It`s a lose-lose situation. Girls start wearing makeup because they THINK they need it to look "more adult", and then after a year or two of it really NEED the makeup because their skin starts to get crappy. 10 years of makeup, and it`s pretty much impossible to get back to good skin.

I always find it funny as women around me all wear makeup to make themselves look younger (they`re 25~35), but end up just looking like older women trying to make themselves look younger. :P
People ALWAYS guess that I`m much younger than I am because I pretty much never wear any makeup. (Limited to events where no makeup would be flat out weird, like a wedding, etc.)

Seriously, makeup screws your skin up in the long term and the cleansers to take it off increase skin ageing and wrinkles. I am so so very glad that I didn`t start wearing makeup now that I see all the girls I went to school with who have faces they`re terrified to show without a good coating to cover the blemishes and wrinkles.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post

And to do just that;

I personally think makeup is a waste of time, a waste of money, and a waste of youth for anyone under 35 or so.

The makeup itself is bad for your skin, and the cleansers used to get it all off your face every day is also bad for your skin. It`s a lose-lose situation. Girls start wearing makeup because they THINK they need it to look "more adult", and then after a year or two of it really NEED the makeup because their skin starts to get crappy. 10 years of makeup, and it`s pretty much impossible to get back to good skin.

I always find it funny as women around me all wear makeup to make themselves look younger (they`re 25~35), but end up just looking like older women trying to make themselves look younger. :P
People ALWAYS guess that I`m much younger than I am because I pretty much never wear any makeup. (Limited to events where no makeup would be flat out weird, like a wedding, etc.)

Seriously, makeup screws your skin up in the long term and the cleansers to take it off increase skin ageing and wrinkles. I am so so very glad that I didn`t start wearing makeup now that I see all the girls I went to school with who have faces they`re terrified to show without a good coating to cover the blemishes and wrinkles.
Well, I would now be VERY curious to see a photo of you with this wonderful no make up skin?

Please post..

Cheers - Oz
(#29 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-12-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post

And to do just that;

I depends on what products you use. Not all products will make your skin look horrible. It's also not only about cleansing your skin after makeup, but about making sure that it has the best opportunity to get over the little 'makeup attack' you exposed it to. If you cleanse your face with a mild makeup remover, wash after with a mild facial soap and then finish off with a moisturizer - then it's no problem really. I'd say it's much worse for those who DON'T remove their makeup every day.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#30 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
12-12-2009, 04:16 PM

I think make-up is fine. Not everyone looks amazing without the enhancement, and not everyone feels "complete" without the enhancement. Also, for some, it's loads of fun to put on.

As for males, I think it's fine as well.....if they're comfortable with it, let them do it. My bf used to wear make-up to hide the scars on his face, and I see nothing wrong with that (I don't see anything wrong with one wearing it for fun, either).